Intel Pentium D

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by Saptashaw, May 11, 2006.

1. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Guys, pls enlighten me about this new processor, Intel's Dual -Core stuff.

2. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

hope that helps....

Attached Files:

• 1.gif
      1.gif
      File size:
      26.7 KB
      Views:
  3. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Thanks Devilish.

Evo, I was hoping for a first hand account of the thing. So keep your comments to urself. U'll save your fingertips some trouble.

4. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

@Saptashaw: It appears to me tht u believe Intel's advertisemnt stuff. Still if u need a more down-to-earth review of Pentium D processor, google it n read a review. Should tell u the difference b/w Pentium D n AMD Athlon 64X2. So in the current scenario, my advise stands reinforced...... :) Peace.

5. mr singh

mr singh New Member

arnt amd waaaayyyy ahead of intel... in that they released their dual core thing some time ago, and u cn get around 2.2(dual core)ghz from an amd whereas the highest with a intel was around 3.4ghz.... btw i am talkin about reasonably priced home multimedia type computers, not them crazy super duper fast computers capable of stupid teraflop processing

6. ^ i dont think so..AMD processors are not stable...

7. mr singh

mr singh New Member

what do u mean "not stable"? do they crash a lot
    but arent AMD generally cheaper

8. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

AMD processors are way better tha anything intel has ever done and will be able to do in future. they have been relatively underpublicised in the past, but are catching up fast now, and its a good thing. people will now know how much performance they are entitled to get. as a testament of this fact 80% of branded PC's in the west, from companies like mesh, time, dell, tiny, Hp etc etc are being made with AMD processors at their core. :)

9. zing

zing Machine Head

with no offence to ne1, as the saying goes: "intel inside, idiot outside"

10. mr singh

mr singh New Member

^that makes me an idiot ;)

11. singh...i m using AMD processor from last 2 years..its not stable in terms of processing...we needed a 24/7 server to host site..and man believe me..AMD was the worst choice..just cuz its cheaper than intel...now we are using Intel processor 3. something...and its working fine..

12. sayanakaharry

what processor of AMD did you use?

13. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

NOT STABLE AT ALL

:mad: :mad:

I BOUGHT AMD OVER PENTIUM COZ IT WAS JUST A FEW BUCKS CHEAPER BUT MY COMP FREEZES CRASHES OFTEN :mad:

I USED PENTIUM AT HOME
    n think this time i made the wrong choice

14. Athlon XP...

15. to bahi spy..which one is better..pentium or AMD

16. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

Pentium!!!!

17. cronix

cronix New Member

^ i disagree completely.... AMD rocks. And AMD is now the worldwide market leader. Intel is suffering huge losses due to it.... Pentium D is of no comparison to AMD 64 dual core processors

18. sayanakaharry

@cronix

spot on, man. AMD kick intel's ass any day.

@devilish pure

then ur choice was wrong. athlon XP is tailormade for the home pC. for a server u shud have gone for a dual core processor like the Opteron, which anyway is far better than Intel's dual core solutions. :D

19. ^ i think opteron released after that...