inspired from Hetfiled

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by jekyll, Nov 10, 2005.

1. jekyll

jekyll Banned

well this riff / progression came outta listening to Hetfiled time n again ...

however i dont think it does really sound like anny of his works ...
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=KVSHYTOA

it is a really crappy recording ... :cry1: with a few unintentional mistakes ...
    but anyway now i have decided to post it ... sab chalta hai ...

i did some leads also on it ... but saala leads track was not synchronising properly ... so removed it

2. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

u dont have ne soundclick account??? neways downloadin it!! eager to hear! :)

3. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

good patches!! sounded like metallica truly ..way back 1980's 1970,s sounded riff..

4. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

nice @jekyll

5. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

u rock man.....u really do...awsum riffs there....

6. shak

shak Harrr!

finally . i can play vorbis files ...
    yup nice one jekyll ... i like the muting bit .. very consistent .. tell me did ya do all that in one go?

7. jekyll

jekyll Banned

thanx all da pppl ...

u know i got this huge collection of riffs in my brain which i hope to combine and put together as songs ... but damn i have very low enthu :cry1:

hey shahrukh, u know what am good at only playing riffs :((((((((((((((( i have tried on many occasions to play leads etc - infact i did at college ... damn i used to goof everytime ...

anyway ... "one go" ... meant recording once without "retakes"?
    yeah that was done without retakes ... thats why it had some unintentional mistakes :((

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Jekyll. That was cool :beer: . Scooped Mid Thingy :p: . No Boogey Man :think: .

Didn't like the patch though but your riff was damn cool. I am gonna steal all your riffs and become a God Of Riffs :rule: .

Towards the end, the timing was bit off. Your recording quality also has come down. It's not as clear as your older recordings.

9. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hey, jekyll nice ideas man.....u can be teh rhythm guitarist of my band anytime :p:.
    On a more serious note...nice palm mutes. Did ya actually record all of em in one go??

10. ronnieanand

@Dennis :aggre: :mad: :mad: :mad: . He's mine :mad: :mad: :mad: . No IIT - IIT Bhai Bhai funda here. :mad: :mad: . Only Bangalore - Hyderabad Bhai Bhai :p:

11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hahahahahahahahaha

12. ronnieanand

You know whom to contact for enthu :dance: .

Like this Food for Oil funda. I will give you Enthu for Riffs. No Scooped Mid Thingy :p: and no Boogie Woogie. Only Rondall.

13. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

LMAO^

nice stuff jekyll....towards the end u cud have done with better timing...

overall kewl stuff

14. pranabgohain

pranabgohain New Member

Re:

OK Recording...

15. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey nice one ... didnt sound much like the later mettalica ... But more like mettalica with dave mustaine ...

Anyway nice work .... Sounds better than wht most indian rock rockers do .... Keep it going and posting more ...

after 58 secs listen it sounds more like four horse man .... for a while ..

And ONE imp one that site gave a p o r n pop up ... dude ... some wierd stuffs ... nxt time plz find a better way to share !

16. itwasnoteasy

itwasnoteasy E chord humka dede Thakur

thats nice dude!! good electric effects and riff work

17. jekyll

jekyll Banned

I have one soundclick account but i dont use it coz the buggers are soundclick do not allow upload of .ogg files :mad:

saale haraami log ...

as for the recording ... i dunno why this was worse than others ... really i didnt change my setup ... and yeah i used the scooped mid thingy :p:

timing was a bit off at certain places ... but then i didnt have the inclination to re-record ... low enthu :cry1:

you are right about the early days of meatllica ...
    infact this is what happened:

i was coming back from the mechanic after giving the bike for some modifications (yeah i will post the pic later)
    and while in the auto-rickshaw i was playing the old meatallica tunes in my head (shahrukh - remember i told ya earlier that i do this quite frequently :))
    and suddently this riff came to my mind ...

18. ronnieanand

Damn it. I have to ditch my car and start using Auto-Rickshaw. Never knew Auto Rickshaw is the secret of Jekyll's riffs. I dont know what kind of auto rickshaws Dave Mustain used :think:

19. jekyll

jekyll Banned

:RollLol:

muhuhahhahahahaaaaa

i dunno ... :)

nanda ... chcek out anotha riff here:
    https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=14697

20. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Great riffs man. I think with good lyrics you can make a great song out of it.