info on TestAmenT reqd

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ssslayer, Sep 16, 2005.

1. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

i could not find this anywhere on the net
    so am putting a request here ...

I juss wanna know which guitar gear (guitar + FX + amps) the dudes at TestAmenT use ..

for both the pre-Ritual sound as well as post-Ritual sound ...

and if any dist pedal that can emulate the TestAmenT sound (the new sound - which is on Demonic, First Strike is Still Deadly etc ...)

2. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

got dis frm their official site

Chuck Billy--Microphones: Shure
    Effects: N/A

Eric Peterson--Amplifier: Mesa Boogie - Dual & Triple Rectifiers (Triple Channel)
    Wireless: N/A
    Effects: Dunlop Rack Wah, Lexicon MPX-1, T.C. Electronic D. Two
    Cords: Monster Cable
    Guitars: Dean - Cadillac/Custom Phantom; ESP - Explorers
    Strings: GHS Boomer (TNTS)
    Picks: Dunlop Purple & Green sharp

Steve Digorgio--Amplifier: Ampeg SVT
    Wireless: Nady
    Effects: DOD
    Cords: Monster Cable
    Basses: ESP, Carvin
    Strings: Rotosound
    Picks: Steve Smyth's

rest not avalailable..

in da links section they got links to carvin, dean and esp guitars....also mesa boggie

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

James Murphy uses Caparison Guitar. Check out his site www.msanthrope.com

You will get a lot of info about his gear.

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey i couldnot find it :think: ...

anyway thanx thats a big help ...

now am looking fwd to someone who has gigged and used a stomp pedal which can give that distortion sound? ...

i am going bonkers listening to their First Strike is Still deadly again n agin in a loop ...
    comparing it to the sound in First Strike is Deadly .. LOL

thier first album sounds (tone-wise only) like a teenager as compared to their recent tone ;)

5. ronnieanand

Hey Slayer,
    Can you send me the MP3 files of the album First Strike Still Deadly. I wanted to buy that CD but never could get it. Same is with Testament - Live At Fillmore.

6. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey @Ronnie ...... I'll get it for u next time i get my hard disk to office ..........

7. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

i got sm tracks frm live at filmore......but none frm first strike deadly....send em to me too

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

ron n cypher
    that album is 67.2 MB ... how shall i send?

cypher there are two diff albums:

first strike is deadly - that was theie fisrt album
    fisrt strike is still deadly - i guess is their most recent album ...

9. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

i gto da 1st one....i dun hav da still deadly one...neways....torrent zindabad

10. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

oops

the first strike is deadly was a sont in ther first album - THe Legacy (i think that was the bands name earlier)

THe fisrst strike is STILL dely contains all the old songs .. redone ...

11. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

yea....it was legacy.....dunno bout earlier name....STILL has greatest hits or cntains live versions...??

12. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

nope ... live is the live in fillimore album ...
    thats diff

this one is like the old ones with down tuned guitars + emplying the MEsa Boogies instead of Marshall + EQ is also more dark n heavy sounding

+ the solos are slightly diff ... the pace is also slower ...

13. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

i kno bout live in fillmore...i got dat one....i gues u got it wrong...i was askin...STILL has old songs also....r those songs da same one on earlier albums or live versions??

14. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

well it sounds diff from the live version ...

but unlike the old studio version also ...

wtf .. downlaod it dude ... anyway u are not gonna pay for it :p:

15. ronnieanand

First Strike Is Deadly is their first album

First Strike Still Deadly is the old songs but rerecorded but this time with the great Johny Tempesta on Drums. The original songs had Louie Clemente on drums who couldn't play anything more than a basic 4x4 beat. I always used to wonder why was he ever recruited in the first place. By the Johny Tempesta is the same guy who played on their kick a.ss album Low.

16. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

who is the lead guitarist one STILL deadly?

the dude doesnt sound as fast and agile and crisp as Skolnic ...

17. ronnieanand

Yes. The dude on Still Deadly doesn't sound as quick or agile or anything like Skolnick. You could even say that he sucks and cannot match the technical prowess of Skolnick. :annoyed:

The truth, it is Alex Skolnick only playing. Just brought back to the band for short reunion gigs and a studio recording. Skolnick has been more into Jazz and is kinda out of touch and also out of attitude to play the old things again :mad:

18. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

ROTFL ...

LOL ...

man i cant help :RollLol:

Skolnic has rusted ...

19. ronnieanand

Not just rusted. Forgot his old licks. Now trying to copy James Murphy,

20. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Wrong, If you guys download vids of the reunion tour, you'll see Skolnick is STILL badass. You guys shoulda seen how he pulled off the Electric Crown solo. Skolnick even said he wanted to injet some of his jazz playing into First Strike is Still Deadly, some people liked it some didnt. By all means, Skolnick does not want to "copy" James Murphy. James and Alex are both players of their own class.

During the Testament years, Alex played various Ibanez Sabres, RGs, Maxxas and even played an Ibanez V :|. He used an ADA-MP1 preamp and was a fan of the Marshall JCM 900 though im told he did use the 2000 at times.

James played various Ibanez RGs and Sabres..from time to time he used a couple of Gibsons and Fenders. At that time, before the Framus, James' favorite amp was the Marshall JCM 2000.