Info on Luthier in Malad

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Shredder, May 13, 2005.

1. Shredder

Shredder New Member

Hi guys,

Theres a very good Luthier in malad by the name of Dias. he is the person who i think owns Albertos Music shop in malad... his number is 28881523.. i have seen his work and its really good... i have ordered a les paul copy with twin EMG81 pickups , set neck, and maple top .. which he quoted for 23K..
    if any of you guys know Bismarck , a reputed guitar teacher in mumbai, you should see the telecaster he has made for him... its simply awesome!!!

2. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

I have heard of him. he's very good. Can you check with him if he can make an Ibanez JEM replacement neck (no inlays at all) with a maple top as well. I need a backup for my guitar incase my neck breaks....its developed some cracks already. Also ask him how much it would cost and the time it would take to make it.

Good luck on the LP. Post pics when you get it. I had an Epiphone Les Paul Custom for sale...for 25k but then again....your's are with EMG 81/85 Actives!! I have those on my Gibson Les Paul Standard.

3. Shredder

Shredder New Member

ok black... will ask him that and let you know asap... and will surely post pics when i get my les paul copy

4. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Any update buddy???? Let me also know if he can mae the neck without any inlays - I can then give him a tree-of-life Jem vine inlay template for him to drill and then the vine inlay itself to seat into the fretboard. would he do this? And for how much?

Much appreciated!

5. Shredder

Shredder New Member

Hi black....

I am still waiting for his final quotation... i have given him all the specs and told him to make it exactly like a les paul.... it seems he is going out of station for a week or so... just my lousy luck... cant wait to get my hands on that les paul....

i did ask him about the JEM neck and told him to give me a concession on the neck since i am getting a guitar from him ;-) .. the final price would be ready by friday it seems... will give you a update the minute i get the prices...

@downinahole... hiya... you can call him if you want ... or you can wait till i post the pic for my les paul to see how it turns out :)... for 30k he can make you a damn good guitar.....

6. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

If you spending 30k, why not buy a real Epiphone Les Paul Custom that I am selling with the original Hard Shell case. It has minimal use...in Mumbai and available to you...was asking 25k but the lowest I am going is 20k. Let me know....

7. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@shredder - whens ur lp going to be ready?

8. Shredder

Shredder New Member

the luthier is out of station from next sat for a week... he will start on the guitar when he returns and his estimate is 2/3 weeks depending on the availabilty of the materials... the specs i have given him is les paul copy with a bridge similiar to the original les paul, 2 EMG 81/85 pickups, 22 frets, set neck, maple top / fretboard, trapezoid inlays, originally i wanted a zak wylde style bullseye design on the guitar , but it seems its too much work, so i told him to give me a total black finish aka epiphone black beauty

9. Shredder

Shredder New Member

hey black... downinahole messaged me some days back and was enquiring about a lp copy.. i have told him that you are selling a epiphone lp custom, so you might expect a pm from him in a few days,

10. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Thanks shredder.

11. Shredder

Shredder New Member

Hey black... got the final prices from him... my guitar totally would cost 22700 ...your JEM neck without any inlays would cost around 3200 , with dot inlays 3500 , and if you provide the inlays , it would cost you around 1500 more or so... but i think that could be worked out... so i in my estimate he should give you a JEM neck with your inlays for about 3700....

and yes he said he would take 2 months (Damn!!!!) to complete my guitar.....

12. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Thanks Shredder. Really appreciate you helping me out. Can you ask him 1 last thing....if I give him a Vine Inlay...will he be able to put into the neck? I can even provide a template to cut the vine into the neck and will provide the pearl inlay to fix into it....hope I did not confuse you too much.

I have a lot of Vine Inlays and the template to cut it onto the neck....(so people, if you want a JEM neck with a Vine inlay - you know whom to ask....costs Rs. 3000 (Neck not included)).

cheers...

13. deathdr_87

2 months.. hmmm seems long.. but its bewtter than other guys - somtimes watiing lists are as long as 6months....

14. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Shredder: Any idea how long he said for the neck? And can you confirm if he can put in the vine inlay if I provide the vine and the template???

15. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Any update? On the neck I asked for...as well as your guitar?

16. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

hmmm.....lets have a look.

@death87....we never visited alberto's ....wat do you say? lets check out his stuffs.....seems like he has very good things to offer.....;)

17. deathdr_87

dude - malad is jsut too far for me to come...

go ahead and have a look - i suggest u come and try my guitar first... so ull have some decnt guitar to compare to...

ill tell u wat all to look out for specifically when trying some of his samples.... ull be able to tell whther theyre decnt or not...

18. Shredder

Shredder New Member

Hi black
    he has the tree template with him... but doesn't have the pearl cutting machine with him...
    i am not exactly sure about the whole inlay process but if the stuff you provide does not require any cutting then he said he will do it for about 3k in about 20 days.. hope this helps you out...
    i am going to meet him this saturday to check out the raw materials and to see the Zakk Wylde Set EMG81/85 Active Pickups which he is going to put on my guitar..

let me know if you require any more info etc etc...

19. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Thanks Shredder, you're a star! Actually the inlay process does require cutting...hmm, seems like it's a dead-end. Will give Mr. dias a call...he may/may not remember me from ages ago....Good luck with your guitar...please do keep us updated on its progress....BTW, how much did you pay for the 81/85 ZW series?

20. meshailesh

meshailesh New Member

teacher from goregaon

i would like to ask u if u know a good teacher from goregaon and what will be d charges.