info on ibanez required

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by petermasc, Mar 1, 2007.

1. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

well LTDs are like lower end ESPs....they are pretty good...nice for harder styles of music. Ive got an RG350DX for sale. So if you spread the word id really appreciate it...its like out-of-box . Never been used :p. I think its best you try a guitar before buying it...but if ur stuck in the situation i am...its your call..

2. petermasc

petermasc New Member

dude i understand your plight i am trying to sell my kustom sound amp for the last 6 months so that i can upgrade to a laney.:D.........did u try out an ltd?....this is the way i figure it out.....a Japanese esp will cost me at least 50k but i am getting a Japanese ibanez for 38k ....well damn good......i need an axe with a small heel joint and a floyd that stays in tune no matter what......all ltds come with lic. floyds that don't have good reviews....and i am not a big fan of emg's.....i had recommended ur guitar to a friend who was in the market for a guitar with a floyd....but he got a month old kramer for 14k........however the there is a lot of difference bet his kramer which retails at 19k and my kramer which retailed at 25k......a lot of cost cutting is evident..

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

well if u dont mind paying customs there is an ESP for less than 30k...i was planning to import one before i decided on a Schecter...these guitars are called Edwards...made in japan by ESP for sale only in japan..

www.ishibashi.co.jp (best place to buy it from)
    www.espguitars.co.jp

check it out and let me know...they are called "Edwards"

4. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

The Edgepro is the best Floating trem in terms of tuning stability I've ever seen. You don't need to cut the ball ends off. My friend's RG2550E is currently tuned to Drop C, with 10's (for Bad Horsie, with all the crazy whammy stunts) and it has not needed any fine tuning for the past 2 weeks (one gig and 8 jam sessions). Besides, its the best neck i've ever played on.

5. petermasc

petermasc New Member

dude how did u stumble upon these guitars?my comp does not have the jap text loaded so i can't make out all the stuff.they look pretty expensive though..........but this is what i got from wikipedia.........."The ESP Edwards brand is a brand that produces guitars solely in the Japanese market. The difference of Edwards from ESP is that Edwards are produced on non-ESP factories in Japan and are generally considered to be lower quality than ESP and less costly. Edwards guitars are now licensed for distribution in Russia."........
    so quality may b on par with ltd's.........heard that schecter necks are not very thin ala gibson SG.

6. petermasc

petermasc New Member

does bajaao accept paymet by dd/vpp?

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

bajaao will...and the quality of Edwards is much higher than LTDs....its between LTD and ESP and Navigators are higher than ESPSs

8. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

The guy wants a thin neck and trem stability. No guitar for even twice the price will be better in those aspects than a Prestige Ibanez RG.

That being said, I really loathe the low end Ibanez guitars, so I'm not an Ibanez worshiping neanderthal. In fact, if it had been available at that time, I would have bought the Squire stagemaster over the RG320FM that i have now. It cost me 10.5k more than the squire would have. Some changes in wiring and pickups would make it wayyy better than the Ibanez. Of course eventually I would change the trem too.

9. petermasc

petermasc New Member

hey laney/nouman thanks for the advice....laney i might have a friend who might b interested in ur guitar.....will try to convince him to buy your guitar.........are u willing to ship it to goa?........m not sure if i will b coming for maiden concert but if i do come can i check it out? regarding pups......the general opinion is that dimarzio and ibanez is a better combo than sd & ibanez......might need some more advice from u ppl........

10. petermasc

petermasc New Member

i think the neck and the neck joint is more comfortable of an ibanez than a stagemaster........by changing the pups and trem u will have invested 15k....

11. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Nah nuthin like that any humbucker can fit into a wood of suitable quality, Its just that most of IBZ users use DMZ so it just looks like that.

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea man u can drop by anytime!.....and i dont mind shipping it to goa as long as someone he knows OKs it

13. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

@Peter : You're right abt having invested 15k extra. But that would get me some top notch stuff. Surely Duncan or Dimarzios are better than the Ibanez Infinity pups (of my RG320FM). And though I really love the trem design(Edge III on my guitar), it doesn't use high quality material, which means that eventually, in abt an year or so, the knife edges on the trem are going to wear out (which results in poor tuning stability, I've seen it happen on a Jackson). With a good aftermarket trem like the OFR or the Gotoh, which are made of hardened steel, I can be sure of being able to abuse the whammy for years to come.

So for just 4k more than my present guitar, I'd get something much better. I find the neck and fretboard of the Squier to be more comfortable, unless I want to shred or bend the crap out of the strings, in which case the Ibanez is better.

14. petermasc

petermasc New Member

the quality of licensed trems vary from manufacturer to manufacturer...my kramer seems to be ok now since it is adjusted properly.....but i would still want an original one......hence i am opting for a guitar with an edge pro....low end jacksons have very poor tuning stability because of cost cutting........ie cheap material.

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

edge pros arent as great as floyd roses methinks...not sure though

16. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

thanks for the link!

18. petermasc

petermasc New Member

ne idea which ibanez baiju of motherjane uses......it does not say prestige but it got v7/v8 pups and a non floyd trem

19. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

It must be one of the RGA series.

20. petermasc

petermasc New Member

rga's have fixed trems....