info on ibanez required

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by petermasc, Mar 1, 2007.

1. petermasc

petermasc New Member

hey peeps
    i might b going in for an ibanez prestige rg1570.has ne one played this guitar or any guitar from the prestige line.....give me some reviews.how is ibanez's aftersales in india? the ppl at furtados told me that it was below average and hence they don't stock em.....i.e. they dont supply spares etc.i am planning to change the bridge pup to a jb....i read somewhere that dimarzios fare better with a digital processor is it true?

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

umm ive had experience with Ibanez aftersales...and its very so-so. Its not bad and neither is it great. They sit on their asses but in the end leave you happy.

As for that guitar...contact knopfler from these forums or send a PM on bajaao.com. He can probably get the guitar to his office for you to play ot summin

3. petermasc

petermasc New Member

they are based in mumbai rite?

4. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

Yeah bajaao are based in Mumbai.

5. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

ibanez prestige series is very good.... they have a different feel altogether if compared to other lower models and they are made in japan..... ive played on the rg1570 nd it is awsome though you will have to change the pups to really make it sound great

6. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

I've played on an RG2550E, the neck is the best I've ever played on. The pickups are well balanced, although personally I would like something with more output. Bridge is solid, one of the best FR trems I've used, I like the Edge III design on my RG320FM better, since I find it easier to set up, but it feels less stable/sturdy, in comparison to the Edge Pro. Playability is supreme. If you're looking for quality and versatality, then the Prestige series Ibanez is a very good buy.

7. petermasc

petermasc New Member

thanks guys what about the pups...do dimarzio or seymour duncan pups work better with digital processors?

8. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

It doesn't matter what pickups you have, a good analog setup will always sound better than a digital processor.

That being said, any pickup can work well with a digital processor, the thing to remember is to get a pup that has the potential to give you the sound that you want. Once you have it, you can tailor your digital processor's patches around the pickup.

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

dimarzios seem to be popular among ibanez...

10. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

I use Ibanez GRG270, Its good. Its actually my first Electric guitar after playing lots of acoustics. But I think go for FENDER - but cost matters!
    I dont know about Prestige series of Ibanez

11. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ no offence, but low end Ibanez (GRG, GIO, a lot of RGs etc) are lousy, and are not worth the money u pay.

12. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea thats true...there are some good lower end guitars that are much better.....some washburns....etc etc

13. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Like the Washburn WI64D. I'm in love... when I have the dough I'm gonna upgrade the pickups and pots. :rock:

14. petermasc

petermasc New Member

i agree wid laney.....dimarzios are popular with ibanez guitars however i was thinking of dropping in a seymour duncan jb and a sh2 jazz at bridge and neck position respectively.duncans are 500/- bucks cheaper too................i think

15. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

^ Don't you need to get the guitar first?

16. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

lol!!!!....

17. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

lol yea...

18. petermasc

petermasc New Member

....lol.....nouman may be right ...........i might b building castles in air........hopefully its in my possession by the end of this month or beginning of this month........

19. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

are you sure u want it tho? have u played it and stuff...cus for that price u can get much better stuff abroad..

20. petermasc

petermasc New Member

well the list price on musiciansfriend is around 32k and on baajao its around 38k so the difference is not worth the trouble.......besides i don't have a credit card.........i know it seems odd.the only ibanez i have played was a rg 350dx...it was good........so i am assuming the prestige will be better.....what do u think of esp......the furtados(goa) guy said they will have all esp products as well as takamine by the 1st week of april........do u think i should try em first?how does esp compare with ltd products?