info abt electric guitar under 15k...in india

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by avidsa943, Jul 16, 2011.

1. avidsa943

avidsa943 New Member

hey guys pls hlp me out...i nid info abt electric guitars that cost under 15k and r gud as beginners guitar...hv seen d ibanez grg170dx n evn lykd bt hv seen mre complaints thn likings......i lyk playing heavy metals n also tones of bands lyk aadat....so guitar gurus pls help me out..hv 2 buy within thz week

2. nk17

nk17 New Member

Generally entry level guitars from reputed manufacturers like Ibanez, Fender, Epiphone, Yamaha etc are more or less similar in terms of quality and ultimately it comes down to your personal preference in terms of sound, playability etc. which you can only decide by trying them out in the shop. So try a few guitars from good companies in your budget and make a choice. There wont be any significant differences in quality and its important to note that 90% of electric guitar sounds depend on your choice of amplifier or processor rather than the guitar. This is my opinion.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  3. stallion.blade

stallion.blade New Member

the GRG 170 dx is a decent option under the 15k mark. you might also wanna consider a few LTDs. viper and m-10 come under that price i think. good luck!
    btw, i'm selling an original Kramer Striker 422sm, which i've hardly played a dozen times and so is as good as new. bought it for over 19k from bhargavas in feb. selling for 11k. let me know if you'd be interested. 9811473260

4. avidsa943

avidsa943 New Member

thanx nk 4 ur suggstion.. i vl kpthat in mind and wat amplifier u think shud i get?

5. avidsa943

avidsa943 New Member

dudes..cmon only views no replies...help me out man..any1 hv thz grg170dx ??

6. nk17

nk17 New Member

Which amplifier you buy will largely be driven by your budget. How much are you looking to spend for an amp? You can also consider buying a processor which will give you multiple sounds and buying an amplifier later. If you have a processor then on a live gig you can plug it directly into the PA system and play. If you're just practising at home you can plug a headphone into your processsor and practice. Tube amps give the best sound but are very expensiv in India. To decide which processor or amp to buy I recommend visitng the manufacturer websites and listening to the sound samples they have on the website. Try didgitech, line 6 pod, korg, zoom for processors and for amps try marsahll, line 6, vox and Roland. All processor and amp manufactures should have sound samples on their websites and you can also try them out in the shop before buying. Ultimately you should buy what sounds best to your ears.

7. navinadv

navinadv New Member

If you are looking at a guitar for heavy metal look at the Cort Z4 or X-11 (the later is much better). I think Musician's mall stocks both. I dont play metal but my friend's son does and he prefered it to the Warlock Metal Master (BC Rich).

What amp do you have? One econimical option is one of the small combos that have a bit of processing in them like the Line 6 Spyder or Vox Valvetronix VT 40/50. Reports are the ADVT or VT+ series are not as good as the VT series.

Please listen to the guitar and amp (together) before you plonk down your hard earned cash. Everyone has a different opinion of what sounds good. For example if you were more bluesy/classic rock I'd recommend the Greg Bennet AV-3/AV-6 (LP) with a Fender SCXD (Super Champ XD). Furtados has Greg Bennet if you want to check them out.

Check out this link.
    https://indianguitartabs.com/f18/help-please-greg-bennett-av3-ibanez-45969.html

8. avidsa943

avidsa943 New Member

NK..M jst a beginner playing guitar since last year...so hv less knowledgea abt d amps procesors...ths gna b my 1st electrc guitar gal....so u pls tl me wat shud i do nw?go with amp or a procsor...

9. avidsa943

avidsa943 New Member

can any1 tl me hw much a roland amps will cost in india??i hope its less than 7k

10. avidsa943

avidsa943 New Member

@nk...and i fil ibanez grg170 is the only guitar gud in all cases ..morever it comes in my range?Wat do u think?

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Roland Cube 15X costs around some 6000 Rs.
    And IbanezGRG170DX sucks... Cheap tremolo.. Very unstable...

12. avidsa943

avidsa943 New Member

rikky-->thn shud i purchase??it shud b less than 15k

13. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

it'll be around 12k i guess... I will not recommend it though.. I know most n00bs fall for its looks... When on low budget go for a fixed bridge... Thats wat i've learned from my personal experience...

14. avidsa943

avidsa943 New Member

man...u guys r makin me confuse...wat shud i do nw??

15. avidsa943

avidsa943 New Member

any1 hv thz ibanez grg170dx???

16. stallion.blade

stallion.blade New Member

rickkyyrich is right. the tremolo on the 170 is horrible.
    dude trust me but i can get you a great guitar for the same price, if not lesser.
    Its a Kramer Striker FR422sm. Ask anyone around. this guitar is a demon. from metal chugs to vintage fuzz, its a real pleasure to listen to. plus it stays just perfectly in tune with use of whammy/divebombs. 6 months old, and barely used cos bought another guitar soon that i find myself playing all the time now. It has two Quad-Rail Humbucker pickups(neck and bridge). each quad rail is an equivalent of two standard humbucks packed together. and has one Dual-Rail pickup in the middle. which, again, equals two single coils together.
    no flaws, cosmetic or technical. no fools talk this is, bro.

9811473260. get in touch for more details, photos, demos etc. if interested.
    cheers !

17. avidsa943

avidsa943 New Member

18. avidsa943

avidsa943 New Member

any1 has idea abt a gud electric guitar under 15k???

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I have played few (3-4 years back) and I found only Yamaha ones decent.
    Decent to play, and decent to listen to.

Ibanez GRG series sounded little scratchy to me, not enough meat (for metchul) or honk (for rock and blues).
    Yamaha Pacifica sounded pretty nice.
    Neck, frets, playing action was also decent.

But really speaking I found onlu Ibanez RG series (above 20K) really worthwhile.

Of course I had not tries the others like GregBennet etc.
    One more thing is that buy fixed brdge or the "Stratocaster bridge" - if you are really dying for tremolo action.

Again, no idea about Kramer, but if it is indeed a better guitar - I thin buying it second hand would be a good idea.

20. avidsa943

avidsa943 New Member

yaar..m totally getting confuse..hw are d fender squier affinity series???