Info. About Epiphone LPs

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Orange Guitar, Apr 6, 2005.

1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@death....bhargavas bandra had LPs the last time i chekd....
    wheres this Fender music store....coz i plan to go on an all day trip to all the music stores in mumbai after my exams....as many as possible....and get their catatlogues and chek out the models...mebbe then i will post it here too...
    details of all the shops..with their models and pricing and stuf.....lets see
    @orange....dude..go for the LP studio....amazing axe......for the price it is the best thing u can gt with strings on it...:)

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

its near grant road - ill psotthe exact address later

3. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

Give me some info. abt shops in Dubai!!!! only if u know!!!!!! :):)

4. Orange Guitar

i read reviews on net about Lp studio....many of them say that this is not a good guitar.....can u plz giv it's price.....it has 2 pickups...wht is the difference between 2 pickup guitar and three pickup guitar!!??

5. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

dude, for every guitar u think of u gonna find good reviews and bad ones....its a subjective thing, also it is after all piece luck if ur worried about the quality.i personally like it, and recommend it, but buy it at your own risk, that is why most people recommend goin to a store and trying a billion guitars b4 u buy one.....i wud like to do that too....but sadly u do not get a billion guitars in our part of the world.......so we r left to do with what we have......so if u like it go for it..personally it is an excellent beginner/intermediate level guitar.........
    u will hardly find a 3 Pup guitar with 3 Hbs..i know of only two....ace frehly, and black beauty......one of the really really early JS models had 3Hbs...........but thats all i now abt 3 Hbs..
    on 2 Hbs u get either the H-S-S the H-S-H combos.....the most common ones.......other wise u can go for as many permutation combinations as possible.......these u will find mostly in the strats and the S series frm ibanez.....
    these give the guitar more versatility, but will kinda make ur guitar a jack of all master of none kind of a thing......but still they do sound cool......
    Hbs give a more clear tone.....
    wheaas single coils will give u a warmer more vintage tone.....
    what combo u want goes on the kinda music u play........
    u want a guitar for a wide range of music......go for strats or ibanez......
    u want somethng for metal or classic rock..LP is ur choice.......
    u could go for a LP with SD alinico Pros....u will kinda get a bit of both......more of clasic rock..........SD alnico pros can howl man....sec C pups man...........

6. Orange Guitar

very thorough info.... i hv seen Goher playing Epiphone Les Paul Standard...i like soft rock or metal....Lp standard is good for anything....whts ur opinion....i want ur info. abt Epi Standard today! coz i hv 2 get the guitar tommorow!

7. Orange Guitar

very thorough info.... i hv seen Goher playing Epiphone Les Paul Standard...i like soft rock or metal....Lp standard is good for anything....whts ur opinion....i want ur info. abt Epi Standard today! coz i hv 2 get the guitar tommorow!

8. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

As a person who owns both - Epiphone Les Paul Custom and a Gibson Les Paul Standard - I can safely say there are days when the Epiphone plays better than the Gibson. Gibson is over-hyped - some of the Lawsuit-era guitars like Ibanez LP style, Tokai etc are much better than Gibson. I am myself considering buying a Tokai or a Greco Les Paul Lawsuit-era guitars that are a 1962 re-issue - very hard to get and double the cost of an Epiphone Les Paul Custom (which incidently, I am selling - check my post).

Cheers!!

9. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

orangeguitar u gettin frm dubai.. ? are guitars expensive in pak too. coz they sure as hell are here :censored: ! so what r u finally getting ?

10. Orange Guitar

in pak lp100 is of 30k ... on net it is only for 13k...i have finally epi lp studio and tryin 2 get standard!

11. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

what do u mean net.. u mean in the us ?? for 13k ? thats gr8! and how do u intend to change ur guitae frm studio to standard

12. Orange Guitar

i have lp studio...and my frnd is goin for lp standard.....yes...lp's price is only 13k in us! (lp100) and 15k (lpstudio)!