Infected by Mass Emailing Virus

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by beginner_lavina, Jun 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2-3 days back, my friend sent me a message saying Hey, look at our pic on [some site] when i clicked on it, this same message got sent 2 every1 on my list, and every1s comp got screwed, including mine. how shud i remove this bullshit? my comp keeps crashing, and when im on msn, suddenly this same message is sent 2 every1 automatically :mad: has any1 else encountered anything like that? if u have, let me kno how 2 get rid of it!

2. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

have u scanned ur pc for virus??

have u tried to delete that mail???(was the message sent via email or msn msge)

format ur pc:)

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

USE NOD32 antivirus. THAT IS going to solve your problem for sure!

If it doesn't (RARE CASE :)), use kaspersky antivirus.....

If you are finding any problem to find the antivirus, PM me....
    B.O.L

4. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

You got this virus from yahooo mail?
    I got one.. but my system is working fine till now and this is the explanation i got for that.

Symantec on Monday noted a new JavaScript worm that exploits an unpatched vulnerability in Yahoo Web mail. This vulnerability enables scripts embedded in HTML e-mails to be run by the user’s browser, which are normally blocked by Yahoo Mail for security reasons.
    The worm, JS.Yamanner@m, spreads from person to person when the user opens the e-mail that is originally sent by the worm. The worm then sends itself to the user’s contacts that also use Yahoo Mail, while simultaneously sending those e-mail addresses to a remote server on the Internet.
    Only those using contacts with an e-mail address that is @yahoo.com or @yahoogroups.com will be affected by this. Symantec Security Response is currently categorizing JS.Yamanner as a Level 2 threat.

5. dirt_nectar

dirt_nectar New Member

get some antivirus update it and run a scan on ur computer......that solves it!

6. i scanned my comp, and it found 15 infected files. i went to the place where they are stored, and deleted it, but after 2 secs or so, it reappears :S wts rong? i got it thru chat... (btw i use eTrust antivirus)

7. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

Hey lavina how r u...
    well I sugest u Should Install ur window...again...
    N if u have a Heavy Pc like p4 3.0 or more then Install Mcafee
    Or if u have like 2.4 ...512 ram or 256 ram then Install BIT DEFENDER...
    i suggest u should Install Bit defender Bcz Mcafee Makes ur Pc damn Slow...
    If u need bit defender u can Go to www.download.com and Download from ther n then if u need Crack Then Pm me ...am always there :p: ;)
    tc bye

8. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

get McAfee or Norton.
    and run a scan.
    it'll automatically show u the infected files and destroy them.

if it doesn't kepp deleting the file untill it doesn'r re-appear.(hey it worked for me)

EDIT- get McAfee, norton doesn't work that well.if u can't get that then go in for Norton.

and don't download riff-raff like spyware spotter etc.

and if that doesn't help-
    format ur drives:):

@faiq
    McAfee doesn't make my comp run slow.it runs as it used to:think:

9. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

That happens bcoz the virus makes a dll file in your system which generates the virus again! So, you need to get to the root of that Fcukin' virus :). I tried etrust once, but that didn't work well. NOD32 did the job for me. :)
    Use NOD32 and deep scan your system. Also scan the System restore folders (Those are nothing but the home for the viruses :mad:, disable system restore if you can).. Hope fully your problem will be solved :)

10. rockbabun

rockbabun New Member

@lavina

I can suggest a total security solution. Its ZoneAlarm IS suit 6.1. It will surely get reed of all the viruses.:cool: and its not a resource hog either, and it has a firewall so in future u wont hav such probs.

11. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Did you find the name of the virus infecting your comp form the scan?
    If you did google this name you will find some solotion somewhere.

12. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Seems like you havae been infected with some sort of a mass emailing worm. I suggest you try escan antivirus software.

13. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

i think antivirus companies themselves make virus .... i uninstalled all antivirus softwares long back and no virus and shit since then

14. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

^^ :shock: :shock: :think:

15. i formatted my laptop, thread purpose solved. i request the mods to close this thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.