induviduals talent

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by guns_n_gore, Nov 7, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Check out the Drummer of Allman Brother's Band. He's too damn good. His Snare Work can almost kill you. I have his long drums solo.

Jekyll. I have plenty of Jams with me. I will give you when you come here.

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

not much info on him...

can you mail me that solo...if its in an MP3??

3. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

His name is Butch Trucks:)
    I think theres one solo on Fillmore East...is that the one youre talking about Ronnie?

4. ronnieanand

Yes. That's Live at Fillmore I am talking about. It's Butch Trukks. Actually there's another Drummer too and I dont remember his name.

5. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Hey what is with this Fillimore???

almost every one seems to be doing a live show there ...

same with Wembley Stadium, London ...

6. abhijitnath

There are two of them..Fillmore East and West
    Its owned by Bill Graham I think..big rock band promoter in the 70s..he has a cameo in Almost Famous I think
    Another place EVERYONE plays is Budokan in Japan

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

seriously man...that is one place I wanna be...every freaking band who has a decent following in Asia plays there

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Yeah Budokan is another one of those place...

Ron be ready am coming ~ Nov 26 :grin:

9. ronnieanand

@Jekyll. How long are you going to be in Bangalore. Stay over for a weekend with me. We can :beer: :rockon: :gather: :drunk: :drunk: :band: :ptime: :welcomean

10. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Yeah i'll be there for the weekend ...

Saturday n Sunday ... actually the thing is that some batchmates have come from abroad ... so we all thougt of having a get together ...

hey usually we visit the Purple Haze whenever we have a get together @ Bangalore ...
    too bad they dont have a live band playing there ...

heard that there is a place called Ras__ Rhinos in Bomaby ... there they have Wednesday nights as rock night - n live band comes n performs there ... after that they have jam-in sessions ... sounds soo cooolll ...

anyway we'll surely do those things ya mentioned ... :)

11. ronnieanand

Here in Bangalore, we have Legends Of Rock where once in a while a band plays Live. But the place is small and the sound system sucks. Purple Haze is decent but too crowded for weekends. If you like Classic Rock check out Geoffreys. I was there last night and it was awesome. It's slightly expensive but the place is good.

12. abhijitnath

Unfortunately Razzberry Rhinoceros closed down a year back nad has now been converted into a bloody banquet hall.
    The only hope is Not Just Jazz By The Bay and maybe Zenzi

13. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

never been to Not Just.....bay. Zenzi(in bandra) is pretty kwel...other than live bands they have some standup comedy sessions and gazal singers which are really good

14. jekyll

jekyll Banned

I remember in Chennai ther eused to be some Vinyard thing ... live performers ... but usually Jazz

15. abhijitnath

Yeah one of my batchmates from IIMA used to play there with his band..he used to be in IIT Madras then
    He says it was really good

16. jekyll

jekyll Banned

which year passout, what name?
    which hostel?

17. abhijitnath

Gautam Chandrasekharan-2003 Naval Engineering
    Are you there as well?

18. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

jeklly u NOOB werent u coming 2 delhi ?????????????????????

19. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

he came..and he gone.... ;)

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

pah, you people need to come to SomePlace Else in Calcutta. Live music every night from Monday to Saturday....and different bands with very different expressions. It's the only place in town I'm damn pleased with usually except when they have special nights and ask for cover charges of rs. 250.