induviduals talent

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by guns_n_gore, Nov 7, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I didn't know the name Dharma. But BOC had some great guitar solos. Godzilla is almost as memorable riff as Smoke On The Water or Paranoid.

2. ronnieanand

I am hearing Gary Moore. That fellow cannot sing :mad: :mad: :mad: . Cant he hire a vocalist :mad: :mad: . The guitar is so luring but the minute this guy opens his mouth it pisses me off.

3. ronnieanand

Well. How many of you have heard to Janis Joplin :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

She is the greatest female singer of all time. But hardly I come across anybody who listens to her. :mad: :mad: . Ignore the favourist guitarist war and start listening to the Goddess. :nw: :nw:

4. smoking guitar

smoking guitar Former rapper now rocker

sometimes i think kirk has not enough chances 2 show of his skills

5. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i like gary moores vocals actually.
    @abhijit nath..finally a shawn lane fan..hehe..
    epilogue for lisa is one of my fav..ppl just get impressed with his technique and skills..not many ppl see the substance behind his playin.

jake e lee i feel is the best of ozzy guitar players..

6. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

finally there's a healthy dicussion in IGT bout rock..

anywayz....me never heard of Jake E Lee...need songz ..request please....

anywayz....any1 except Ronnie here heard of King Crimson ?

7. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Alfons ... listen to Ozzy osborne ...

his two albums: Bark At the moon n Ultimate Sin had Jake E Lee as guitarist

8. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

I have heard Bark at the Moon(the song),, it sounded rather poppish to me...in a 21st century poppish sense.

9. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

hell yeah...rightly said alfons..finally something healthy and worth to post at ...
    but i am stumped guys..i dont know most of these ppl....mind naming the bands aswell??

about hammet- well i used to think this guy is good...but now that i came back to soem of his stuff...i thnk he is wayyyy overrated.....
    he was no doubt a good composer..but only tilll the intros.....thats why i dont like metallica much....kirk's solos..ufffff....

10. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Jake E Lee also had a band of his own called Badlands...more blues oriented power trio

@Dharmatma-I've actually met Shawn! I had friends who worked in RSJ so when he played GIR in 2003 I actually chatted with him for around an hour..he was very down to earth...also very ill-looking..which is why he died a couple of months after that I guess..RIP
    I have lots of his bootlegs btw if anyone is interested

Also at the risk of stretching the Hammett issue too far, quote from Hetfield "Basically Ulrich and I would write the songs and arrangements and then Hammett wold come in and do the solos"..so if a guy can't even write 10 different sounding solos in his career when he was given complete freedom to do what he wanted (EVERY solo on Kill Em All is identical) then how was he not given the chance to show his stuff (as a soloist at least)? I buy the point for songwriting, though if anybody has heard his craptastic song "Satan" from the Spawn OST, they might be tempted to reconsider their opinion about that aspect as well.

11. ronnieanand

Wow!!! First time I am coming across somebody who says Jake E Lee was the best of Ozzy's guitarists. When I say that, people usually scorn me and try to say Randy Rhoads was the best. Jake E Lee was a real stylistic player. He pinches almost as often as Zakk Wylde but he knows how to make them sound sweet than wierd. This man also knows where to play what. Check out his Badlands album.

12. abhijitnath

Yeah, I have:). I loved the first instalment with Greg Lake et al..Court of the Crimson King and Red. Went out and bought Three of a Perfect Pair with Adrian Belew and HATED it...too 80s.
    The 90s lineup with Trey Gunn on touch guitar is quite nice though...very Gordian Knot-esque which is one ofmy favourite bands:)

13. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

@ronnie...I have heard Janis Joplin...pretty good. I love her songwriting style.

@alfons....Yup i am a king crimson fan :) Adrian Belew is awesome :nw:

14. jekyll

jekyll Banned

Zakk Wylde rules as Ozzy's guitarists booo to all who say no :phbbt:
    LMAO ... Zakk Wylde is good - but Jake was better ... and Ron, special boo to u ... i also said that Jake was the better outta 3 guitarists Oz has had ...

abhijinath - dude the Spawn thing was meant to be a techno-metal song ... so stop cribbing about it ...

regarding the soloing stuff ... probably u havent heard the albums Metallica Load and Relaod ...
    or mebbe u are another one of those pricks who feel metallica should've have played only crude thrash metal (like Kill 'em all) ... anyway ... the solos in Load n Reload are WAY WAY better than on previsou albums ...

and what about solo in Unforgiven, Wherever i may roam ... (from Metallica album) ...
    To live is to Die (and justice for all)
    Fade to Black , Sanatarium, ...

c'mon there are too many songs ...

HOWEVER, i do agree with the Kill 'em all thing - all the solos are simple E minor scale runs ... nothing else ...

15. jekyll

jekyll Banned

and that reminds me:

has anyone here heard the band Mercifulfate?

the guitarist Hank Shermann (or some similar name) has got an awesome talent with riff work ...
    ignore the voice of King Diamond ... and u will realise that Mercifulfate was really an awesome band ....

:rock:

16. abhijitnath

I knew this would start some flame..and so I'll stop
    But about the accusation about me being hidebound and a crude thrash metal listener, please go through the rest of the thread and see the artists I have mentioned..they range from Chick Corea to Megadeth.
    And I have clearly mentioned Load and Reload btw in the thread previously as well and have mentioned his tone and note selection getting better.

17. ronnieanand

Now you boo ed yourself. Booo Booo to you :p: :dance:

18. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

abhijit---im really interested in those shaun bootlegs.

ronnie..i know abt badlands..been tryin to get his stuff..not been too lucky..can u mail some of the good stuff in my gmail id?thanks dude.

19. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

king diamond is funny.....

dunno much about hank shermann....but yea i like their riffs

talking bout drummers....Opeth's drummer Martin Lopez is pretty underrated...that dude is really fast

20. jekyll

jekyll Banned

i have one album named: Retraced, whcih has
    Whiskey Train
    Evil
    Way back To the Bone
    i'll be free
    Guess i'll go away
    Love is worth the Blues
    I come Tumblin'
    Woman
    A Hard way to go
    I cant stand it
    Rock Candy

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo to you Ronnie ... :grin:

abhi dude ... not my intention to flame up the thread ... but the thing is that i have seen people who condemn the artists just because it is in vogue ...

like many people i have seen criticizing metallica, nirvana etc ... calling them all sortsa name - no talent etc ... c'mon ppl they were the most succesful bands ...

anyway peace :)