induviduals talent

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by guns_n_gore, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

true.....true..... ;)

2. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

slipknot is way over rated !@!

3. jekyll

jekyll Banned

slipknot roxx ...

their style is very modern n aggressive ...

4. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

To me one of the most under-rated guitarist of all time has to be Jeff Beck.
    He's the only guy i know that seems to be getting better and better and evolving his music. People talk about Clapton , Jimmy Page being great players but not as much about Beck. I agree these players are great but i see a lot of times that people ignore beck.
    Jeff Beck had the highest selling Instrumental guitar album before Satriani (BTW My Idol) came up with Surfing with the Alien.

This is just my view cause i dont hear a lot about him from people.

5. jekyll

jekyll Banned

what about Paul Gilbert ???

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

One thing is Instrumental Guitarists usually take a back seat. People want songs.
    Jeff Beck is sure a great guitarist and a really under rated guitarist. One of the main reason for this is he wasn't part of any big commercial band. Actually it's kinda a compulsory requirment for anybody to be a part of a commercial band to get noticed. Take Steve Vai for example. Without Frank Zappa, David Lee Roth and Whitesnake he wouldn't have got the recognition he got today. Actually they are plenty others who are just lost. When talking about Soulful playing how many people talk about Paul Kossoff. He had a real knack of playing a solo. He'd hardly play 10 notes in a 1 minute long solo but knew how to pull it off. He'd make it sound like heaven but try playing his and you will sound like shit. You absolutely know that it's his heart and soul coming out there. If you wanna hear him check out the band named Free. There are countless who are inspired by this band. Even Blackmore quotes them as an influence.

7. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

under rated guitarists:

Jeff Beck ...
    Jason Becker
    Robert Fripps ( hahahaha)

8. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

yeah forgot george lynch..2

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

and Frank Zappa

and yea...Slipknot are cool.....some of their songs make me laugh :p:...but I like their new album...lots of aggression and arrogance :grin:

10. sridhar11_2

Paul Gilbert is one of my fav guitarists . He's a very funny guy check out his web.

He is under-rated but he seems to be big in Japan and with the Racer X fans but people were dissapointed with Mr.Big with bassist Billy Sheenan.

My fav song has to be "I Understand Completely"

11. ronnieanand

I didn't find Jason Becker interesting. I felt he is over rated. He is just another mindless Neo Classical shredder. Actually there are tons like him if you want to hear. Because of his disease he got pretty popular. He is not much an innovator neither was much stylistic in his playing. Check out Rustey Cooley shredding as if there's no tomorrow in his 8 string guitar. No style, no life, no love nothing. Simple Shred Machine who eats grease and his joints are made of Ball Bearings. I think he uses Electricity to live. There are countless Robots like these.

George Lynch was pretty much a guitar god in his Dokken days and after that people seem to have forgotten him. He is a real animal.

How about Jake E Lee.

12. sridhar11_2

Frank Zappa is awesome go to his web and see the video when you enter his site.

Jason Becker is awesome too. Too bad no more cacophony.

13. sridhar11_2

Dont like people like Jason Becker and other neo classical shredders like Batio for the music but have to admire the skills.
    But i like Becker's "Serrana" - Awesome skills

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

wht bout the thin lizzy dude....err...forgot his name

yea..Snowy White (wikipedia zindabad)

15. sridhar11_2

Ya like the guy too

16. sridhar11_2

How bout Buck Dharma. Let me see if anyone who knows which band he's from.

17. jekyll

jekyll Banned

GARY MOORE ????

no takers for him?

Jake E Lee is very very underrated ...

18. ronnieanand

Thin Lizzy had several great guitarists. Snowy White is nice but they had real great players like Brian Robertson, Gary Moore, John Sykes, etc.... Snowy White has played for Pink Floyd too. I guess he played in the Momentary Lapse of Reasons has a side guitarist. He has toured with Roger Waters too. I once hear Snowy White playing about a 5 minute long solo for Another Brick In The Wall with the Jack Bruce Band. It was like heaven.

19. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Gary Moore :nw:
    @ronnie...I kinda like eric bell too :)

20. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Jason Becker's stuff with Cacaphony and on Perpetual Burn is quite mindless I agree but some songs are genuinely different-like Air, Serrana or End of the Beginning break free of the neoclassical cliche and approach it from a more left field,non-Baroque approach.
    Speaking of Rusty Cooley, has anyone heard his murder of Shawn Lane's Epilogue for Lisa? He has turned one of the most sensitive tunes Shawn ever wrote and turned it into processed garbage.
    And Buck Dharma plays for Blue Oyster Cult.
    Has anyone heard Michael Lee Firkins? Wonderful tone, feel, technique and chicken pickin'.