indipop music scene sucks!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by junoon_forever, Oct 6, 2004.

1. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

this thread is not about how indian popular music should move towards rock and metal..

this thread is a lamentation on the state of current indian pop music and culture whci in general sucks. indian pop audiences are not as musically aware as some of thier western counterparts, a sizable % of the population in america has at least tried playing an instrument at some poitn of time... u find that the demand for musical instruments is 1000 times more in usa than india.. even though india has 1 billion people... vocal training seems to be the popular choice in india.. what this leads to.. couple with the bollywood culture is that the masses tend to appreciate only the vocalist...
    hence for them it becomes irrelevent if he or she is singing karaoke or there is a live band playing music...
    all these factors have resulted in the current state of indipop music affairs.. and this thread is about that... its not trying to proselytize some heavy metal agenda..
    Jay

2. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

aiyai yo ...did u even read what i was reacting to..
    i know what this thread is about..i already posted somethin on this with my previous id..i was just reacting to a statement made by fictional..

3. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

^^^ i gotta agree with fictional.. rock musicians rock :) while pop msuicians pop?
    :think: :p:

<duk and run>

4. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^^ *KICKS BETWEEN UR LEGS REALLY QUICK*

( runs away laughin)

5. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

now....see the difference in the lyrics.

backstreet boys:

you are my fire....the one....desire.

lol...seriously, dats the one for a loser.

kurt cobain (NIrvana)

if you wouldnt care. i would like to leave.

now, see the difference! pop talks abt love and all the things dat glitters and aint very true.
    look at rock and metal, it sees the darker side of human beings the one which is real which every1 feels and every knows but r afraid to express it. Kurt expressed it...dave laughed at the system....zack bitched on the system.....maiden and ozzy gave wat wud u feel in a state of agony...its not only the darker side....it covered every human feelings.....like love, lust, agony, frustration, inspiration (nothing else matters!) everything...

i dont think u'll find this kinda stuff in pop...who really cares, why do u think britney or jlo or even hindi remix videos have so much exposure? if the music is good enuff....then it will the one factor to make to big. i dont say dat working for money is bad...its good. money is a must but watever u create shud be pure and shud mean something to you dont fake it man....

u r my fire....the one ....desire. wat the f#*k. get a life.

6. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^^ hmmm...good point..

lets talk abt the newer rock bands and the newer pop artistes..theres practically no difference..
    the image thing has bcome so imp to all genres...
    u compared backstreet boys which is a newer boy band as compared to ozzy,maiden,zakk...
    u can compare those kick arse rock artistes wid elton john,sting..
    both genres churned out quality shit at that time..
    abhi ka baat karo..
    and then u will see there practically no diff...both need an image to make it.

7. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

hmmm...i can't believe i never noticed this thread be4....well, the indianc scene of rock...well do i really have to talk bout it now, after every1 has said it......anyways...i agree w/ dharmatma here....we should compare the new generation w/ new and old w/ old...

8. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

your defiition of pop is boyband and girl bands?

btw pop=popular music. in 1993 the most popular band in america was nirvana.. they got played in mtv and all the other pop stations..
    nirvana made alternative music mainstram and pop...
    that depressed curt even more actually :p:

today hip hop and rap is pop in usa, eminem in my opinion is the worlds best songwriter today.. and he is pop.. thats good pop.. he writes his songs, dr dre produces them, he performs them.. the people who buy his cds and go to his shows know who's who., they like what eminem is saying in his songs.. and they dig that.. thats good pop music.. when idian pop becomes something like that.. i will be happy.. i dont care if the pop genre happens to be bhojpuri folk music or fundamentalist hindu metal with thrishul shaped saffron guitars .. as long as its genuine music.. and the majority of the masses can relate to that its good pop..

Jay

9. afrah_ali

afrah_ali New Member

i love rockk..metal...anything heavY!!! hehehe

10. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@jayswami ....hmm. i get what you are saying.
    but u know wat.....i just liked the scene which were in 80's and early 90's.....i wish i wud have been a teenage rocker in 80's says a gr8 period, rock , sex and drug was a biggest theme.( though i wont support drugs!). seriously, it was a gr8 decade. gr8 bands formed at dat time....megadeth, metallica, pantera, slayer....etc.

look at present scenario....tell me one band which was formed now and is as influencial as metallica was?

punk rock aint dat good ....atleast for me!

11. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

eminem/dr dre,ludacris,korn and kimp bizkit a couple of years back.. are very influential
    country music artistes r very influential in jesusland.. they won dubya the election..
    btw the only thing metallica was influential or responsible rather is to bastardize metal -- big sell offs they are.. they were very good until the time they were just another very good metal band amonsgta half a dozen or so others in the 80s..
    there metamorhosis from godd to crap started with the black album with which they increased their sales multiple folds.. and to accomodate thier new fans, they went against thier style.. and became crap.. oh yea hetfeld lost his voice somewhere along the way as well..

12. tejas

tejas ..........

^^ Yup. I've always felt the same about Metallica. Lets hope they learn from "The system has failed" and put out a CD one can actually listen to, without getting bugged by the snare.

13. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

for that they will have to hire a new vocalist.. and hetfeld should stick to just playing rhythm.. he cant sing even thier own old compos anymore.. these days they tune down their old songs as low as 2 whole steps sometimes..

Jay

14. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Wow.. Running alongside Jay2.. And Lughing out loud..

15. jayanth

If you wanna listen to amazing ROCK .. Listen to "Set It Off - Audioslave" and Compare with New Pop..

16. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

audioslave is already pop it plays on the local mtvish radio station along side britney and destiny's child

17. jayanth

If you meant PoPular they thats Cool.. If you are reffering to the GEnre POP then , you are wrong.. Cause they are way too good.. They are closer to Rock/Metal.. Havent you heard RATM??

18. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i dont know why people are under the impression that pop music is bad music..
    pop music can also be kick ass..
    just because audio slave is too good acc to u that means its not pop??hehe
    that kind of judgement IMO is crap..

i love good pop music ..the same i love heavy metal,funk,blues,country..
    in the end its only good and whats bad according to your ears.
    its all subjective.

19. jayanth

Dude.. What do you mean by that??

Audioslave play Rock MUSIC.. Have you come across the terms??
    Thats not my judgement.. LOL at YOu..

If you classify audioslave as Pop.. Here's the Current POP list.. And people will stone me..

1. Rage Against The Machine
    2. Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    3. Audioslave
    4. System Of A Down
    5. Sum 41
    6. Blink 182
    7. Papa Roach
    8. Linkin Park
    9. Limp Bizkit
    10. Avril
    11. Evanascence
    12. Alein Ant Farm

Now you'll understand the Genres Properly i hope..

Also Please dont comment on my judgement.. Its involves a lot more than just how good they play.. There are other aspects too.. Like the Effects, Guitar Technique, The Sound you get out of your instruments etc etc.. IMO - POP SUX..

20. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

hahahhaha....

did u even understand what i was tryin to say...hahahahahah