indipop music scene sucks!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by junoon_forever, Oct 6, 2004.

1. R@hGuZaR

R@hGuZaR DRUMMER 2 THE GRAVE

i am a lahori and as far as i know, the same was the situation some time back. but3 years ago underground bands started playing and what really gave them a platform was pepsi battle of the bands. bands like noori, ep and other started a revolution which is truly being taken over by new bands. i would also like to point out that i think the pioneers of a bit more non-pop rock in pakistan are karavan and a lot of credit goes to them.but wat happened to pepsi rock idols, cuz that was a platform to be set up in india, i saw its ad once on b4u music? indians also need to start a revolution man!!

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

yea dude totally.. I listen to a lot of paki underground music and download random home recorded mp3s from paki underground sites and have developed a strong bias and liking for upcoming paki bands.. this coming from a guy who never liked junoon or nazia hassan or any of the pakistani ghazalists from the 80s and 90s :)
    one thing i notice that the weakest link in most new paki bands is the vocals.. relatively speaking.. and i can totally live with that.. they got their priorities right.. emphasis on lyrics,composition and playing their music live.. way to go!

btw i had once downloaded this paki underground band mp3 witha female vocalist.. she sounded like mellissa ethridge on steroids!! and words were in english.. anyidea who i am talking about? i lost the mp3 and forgot the name of the band..

Jay

3. gautam_njoy

gautam_njoy New Member

no use talking guys... indian pop scene is nothing but is tending to the worst point...
    i really admire pak bands.. especially strings and fuzon..
    doesnt india have any such talents... this thought itself sucks...
    no originality at all...
    jay has really described it right...

4. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@gautam....its all abt money honey.

5. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

@ FR.. Thats Totally true..

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@FR, lol, yeah dude, absolutely:)

7. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

DJ Sophie rocks :p: just saw a video which starts like britney spears toxic.. then gets even raunchier..

does she actually sing the songs or just dance?

8. C@tN!p

C@tN!p New Member

it's true, it's kinda rubbish i mean dere's no point in makin an overload of dese songs dey r party songs. none of the music is the kind you just relax to sing if u wanna. you can barely sing wid all d scratches and things. i hate baby doll @#$%ing slut..... sorry

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

in music talk forum we have threads like megadeth vs metallica JP vs Iron Maiden

In India Music Talk we will have thread like
    Deepal vs Shaifali :p:

10. jayanth

Who's Deepali??

11. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

deepal shah aka indian schoolgirl slut. both she and shefali have competing remix versions of old hindi song kabhi aar kabhi paar

12. jayanth

Oh.. Ok...

13. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

quite entertaining!! it seems people r reeeaally pissed with remixes. But i also don't like the pseudo-rock fans!! Metallica rocks....blah blah...Megadeth rules....blah blah.
    Man, we sure need an attitude change here and soon. people are too biased about all kinds of music.... like only rocksters create original music and the like. just be cool and enjoy whatever sounds and feels good.

14. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

^^^^ this is a guitar forum.. give me 20 hindi bollywood songs with nice guitars please, or even better.. this is a musicians forum... name 20 indian guitarists please.. can u name who played neele neele ambar? can u name who played aashiquie? light of erindi, hence we have this attitude.

15. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@light of erindi....metal and rock have different attitude ...dats why they rock! as for pop goes...they only want to sell out their albums.

rock is pure.

@jayswami....i dont mind watching remixes ....i do have a mute button in my remote but some remixes are far too vulgar to watch!

16. jayanth

@ Light of whatever :- Attitude Rules...

@ jay2 :- LOL..
    @ FR :- POP Sucks..

17. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

^^^ we have to lol in frustration..
    just couple of months back, in a house party i was requested by people to play a "rajesh khanna" song.. mere sapano ki rani.. majority doesnt even know who the vocalist is.. forget the musicians.. thats the curse of bollywood music in india.

no one knows who saang kaanta laga remix.. we all know shefali danced.. thats the problem i have with indi pop not the genre it self.

I listen to american pop and hip hop and rap all the time.. for eg i just love Destiny's child and eminem etc..
    but in india.. someone composes.. someone arranges.. someone plays.. someone sings... all these someones remain anonymous.. then deepal shah does strip tease over all that.. and thats what we get to see on tv...
    I just dont like that concept.

Jay

18. C@tN!p

C@tN!p New Member

there are so many english copies of songs- the tune and stuff. it's so crap but i'm kinda glad they haven't started to rap in hindi... well at least i'm oblivious to anyone who does.

19. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

A R rahman copied eminem in the movies Boys..
    but then he had copied Michael Jackson in thiruda thiruda way way back..

20. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

well...i feel the selling out is prevalent everywhere...and its not confined only to pop music...
    people talk about pop stars images and how that boosts the sales of an album..
    so dont u think that the image of a metal or a rock band help boost their popularity..
    like say for example...will u go to see a metal show where all the band members have chameli ka tel applied on their hair and side parted..
    people expect a metal band to have long hair and gruffy lookin wid a beard etc etc...so even if the the band who look like nerds play really well they wont be as popular as the band who looks like a metal act and play some decent ok stuff..
    if u get what im tryin to say..