Indian who flew an unmanned aircraft, eight years before Wright

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jan 26, 2005.

1. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

USA - :rock:

India - Lol. but....:rock:

Britain - :buu:

China - :p:

LAgos, Nigeria West Africa - :insane:

JK/

Bob - :rock: and Nigeria :rock:

2. Chirag

Chirag New Member

Goin a bit away from the original topic i will give u an example of whats happening in my college.

There is a professor who has invented a new operation which cures gangrene by improving the blood supply in the legs. she has been doing it for the past 5-6 years with excellent results on follow up. she has been trying to get the patent but they give some silly reasons . and i wont be surprised i in a few years some fellow from UK or US comes ahead with the same operation and get the patent.

3. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

then how did pandavas do thier exile in himalayas? how did hanuman get sanjeevini from the himalayas? why did ram and the monkeys have to build a bridge between india and sri lanka? if what u say is true, there should be no himalayas or srilanka in that period..
    i totally agree wiht the essense of your post though. instead of wallowing in ignorance about the past, indians should be more dynamic and worry more about today.. and i am very happy that this has indeed happened in the last 10 years.. the IT boom in bangalore for eg.. hopefully it will spread to other areas.. and also the middle class gets away from the "servicing our masters" mode.

4. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Nice to know that u appreciate my approach towards this whole thing..

Well i left worrying about the "western cospiracy" years ago ...:)

And regarding ur doubts... i hoped no one wud bring up such issues to make me go into details... but here they r...

I have to confess here that..i checked the references and now i'm not sure that the first verse is about India (tho it can be)...the second one is however true.

Ramayana and Mahabharata r of a later date than puraanas...puraanas sdescribe a VERY ancient time... compared to which Ramayana and Mahabharata dates r very recent....around 2000 to 3000 BC....when Himalaya was very well established.

Indeed there r mentions in puraanas of weird animals not found in recent times...they point to a very ancient time period...infact in Ramayana and Mahabharata itself there are a mentions of Puraanas....dating the events in the puraanas to some million years back...before the last ice-age...as radical as it sounds...there was a program on Discovery (In Discovery Showcase..at 8 PM in India..some months back)that ponts in the same direction that there was an established human civilization before ice-age.
    :think:
    This does not mean that evolution is wrong however...it's just that our dating of time periods spent in each stage of evolution r not that correct...BTW there was a recent discovery of a fossil in the deserts of Australia which points to the same thing that...the evolution from invertebrates to the vertebrates was much faster than was previously assumed...same might be the case for other stages or the rate of evolution as a whole.

This is getting pretty deep...so i will cut it out here ...if anyone is interested...i will paste the links here later.....
    so in the meantime...remember this is a guitar forum and get back to guitarring!!! :):)

5. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

cool. would be interesting to see how that matches to the time period when atlantis was supposed to have existed. cause all gods were aliens who had landed in atlantis and had a base there for a very long time, when they conducted genetic experiments.thats why all the civilizations built pyramids from peru to egypt to south india (gopurams).. all based on pyramids of atlantis.
    i wil stop too :)

6. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

ya...alien gods...that one i've heard like a zillion times....rich :):)

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

whatever....J man u need to be less cynical about everything and anything thats indian....or shd i say...JUST STOP BEING SO CYNICAL.....not eveything deserves to be looked at with skepticism...not everything deserves the thoght wue give it.....and its aind about over glorifying india....its just about setting history right....well known fact...india has lost out on its treasures...almost lost the patent for basmati to "texmati"..tho there have been discoveries and inventions in the west...the west has been plagued with a huge turd of plagiarsm...civilisation began in India...so india cant be that bad....that apart...patriotism...is still something...i dont se too many americans goin anti USA or too many brit bastards goin anit UK....so take a chill pill and just be an indian for a sometime...and take pride in ur nation man...(am guessin u r an indian)
    BTW what the fcuk is the deal with "emantaing out or maharashtra"....as if all other states..or lemme just generalise the sh!t....as if no sect of people ever brings up anything...dude...dont turn into a nazi man....dont be so prejudiced...

peace..

my 2 Fuc.kin cents;)

8. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

@all, koooooooool and long posts. Looks better.

9. Chirag

Chirag New Member

Great

10. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

Indians are Okay everywhere but sometimes they lack in Unity. And the politians are eating up the country. If we Indians wouldn't have voted the wrong people then India would have been something else today. Here people are concerned with themselves only and they think what a single person can do for the country, it's never like that. And I think that the constitution of India should be written again and the country should be govorned by young and energetic patriots. People like Subash Ch. Bose should have been the PM of India. We all should think and work like him. He is a real patriot. I'm not in favor of any political party but frankly speaking what congress has done in 50 years....nothing..... I think BJP is surely a little better than Congress. But most of the Indians are farmers and illiterate and get moulded by the sweet and fraud words of the congress. We should look forward to bring down the population growth rate and try our best to stop the corruption. Only then India will be a Super power...........

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i really dont think any of the pollitical parties out there are for the good of the nation..voting is just like choosing the lesser of 2 evils.....