indian songs are losing their charm

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by nimra_guitar, Oct 25, 2004.

1. nimra_guitar

nimra_guitar New Member

HI PPL i m back!...... atlast, was busy last days so couldnt catch up..... this place sounds far more happening now than before! well keep it up ppl! ROCK!

i was wondering, indian bollywood/hindi songs are losing their charm.... i mean, some songs have ordinary 'lyrics', some are running on the same 'dholak'.... and a few are 'besurey'! but i also keep listening to the recent songs, its not tht every song goes tht way, some are extra impressive..... but i want new talents to go into music industry and unleash their talents!
    BYE!

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

well , some are really really pathetic but some are nice though :)

3. skaw

skaw snooze

well .. i like what you wana say .. but styl man india is styl doing great in music.. music in india has always been great and now a days 'remixes' are popin...

4. nimra_guitar

nimra_guitar New Member

actually lemme tell u 1 thing, theres onlyyyy remixes in the pop tht ppl like to listen to mostly here.... and hindi film music are well 50/50

5. skaw

skaw snooze

well .. i kind of agree with you, but some indian pop are good too .. like shaan's album...lucky ali's album .. that josh band.. but yea a lot of remixes are going around... and yea film music is always 50 50...

6. Music Is A Business...albums Are Sold To The Audience And The Masses..
    Unless The Ppl Who Listen To Music Start Acquiring A Good Taste ..we Will Continue To Hear The Bullshit That Is Churned Out In Music Channels.......who Says Theres No Talent...freakin Theres More Talent In India Than Anywhere..but Whos Gonna Support These Guys...
    I Personally Think The Josh Bands Music Was Crap...luckys Got A Gr8 Voice And Shaan I Think Is Good But Not More Than That..there Are So Many Ppl Better Than Them .....damn....when Are They Gonna Get A Chance To Showcase Their Voice..

7. gautam_njoy

gautam_njoy New Member

well they have to come ahead.. and if they dont v gonna hear juz these crap ...
    but then in india thers also this that without influence u cant get to do anything..
    and thats wer talent loses. the day v can overcome this probs music wil become better.. but then there r few whose songs r good.. the remixes r juz cheap.. one time listeners nothin else...
    hope v get such probs erased once and for all and v get to listen to some good music....

8. sanjeevbabu

sanjeevbabu Member

have you ever heard malayalam film songs? nothing like old malayalam film songs which are melodious.

9. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

some of the south indian songs are very good, no doubt about it
    but the language barrier comes in
    being a bengali i cant understand lyricsand believe me no song is complete without the lyrics.
    about the indian music scenario, i think its just pathetic. remixes cropping up here and there. they are just ****ing the old world melodies. honestly speaking the pakistani bands are way to good than the indian ones
    just compare strings, fuzon, jal on one hand and crap like asma and viva on the other

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

but then take a song like La Bamba by the Los Lobos which is loved by almost everyone. Language is certainly a barrier though. Remixes are dying out and not many people are much happier than me.

That statement is unjust. Perhaps you can say that the bands at the commercial level are at different ends but to generalize and say the Pakistani bands are better than Indian ones is stupid.

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

*ahem*
    Couldn't you find better examples than those overtly pop-sold-out bands for representing Pak music? :annoyed:
    And for Indian counterparts too, you (very conveniently) took similar bands. :mad:

Please do your homework.

12. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

That what is shown to you is not necessarily the only thing that exists ..

Though the pakistani bands are good .. There might exist bands in India which are more talented than the Jals n Fuzons .. which ain't shown to you (through Media or whatever)

n Plus I've never been a person who says things like "This singer is better than that etc .. "

So I'd just appreciate good music instead of Location based music ..

13. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

agree for jal .. but how come u think the same abt strings and fuzon .. i mean does their appeal work against them ?

14. can_i_play

can_i_play New Member

There some good songs coming to the market...
    take for example ..kailash kher..i liked his song ....
    a recent release omkara is good one ...after ages i got a song from suresh wadkar..and shreya goshal is amazing in o sathi re ...

but then there those crap numbers from him***h ..sorry he is fav of someone ...