Indian rock vs Pakistani Rock

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by JAZZ, Dec 13, 2004.

?

which country has got better rock scene ?

1. india

39.4%
  2. pakistan

60.6%
  1. joycomesalive

joycomesalive New Member

First things first

First about Indian Rock...Indians are not very high on rock music. But for those who do like it, there are bands like Parikrama, Brahma, Pentagram, Moksha, TAAQ and the list is endless...

But Pak rockers are more popular coz they have a taste and market for it...y don't the entity paradigms and noories dont succeed in India? Coz India doesnt have a market for rock...even Junoon was successful with just a couple of songs... Bands like Strings are into pop which finds takers in India so they are hits...But then, all the famous playback singers of the Indian film industry began as pop singers...shaan and KK are examples and they were damn successful at pop...even today, Euphoria sells with their brand of music.

I have heard Jal the band, Atif Aslam, Strings, Fuzon, Noorie, EP, Vital Signs, Ali Haider and a couple of other pak bands...a couple of them are good and many of them are atrocious...

2. bravo

bravo New Member

indian scene of rock really sucks
    they hav nothing to display but remixes , old indian songs ,and models

pak has variety of rock musik

3. bravo

bravo New Member

lol Metallica n iron mad r american bands
    not indian :p:

indian channels never play the indian rock.....

4. shantanukr

shantanukr yEh DiL mAanGe m0rE

I just know STRINGS AND JUNOON ROCKS....

Shantanu Kr.

5. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

99% of pakistani rocker vocalists r attrocious they are horrible.. like that junoon vocalist..
    or atif aslam... thats probably the reason why there r so many rock bands in pakistan... i mean vocal talent is zero.. u need live music at least. In india it is ulta . unfortunately I love the situation in pakistan more.. cause i dont respect vocalists that much anyways.

6. KnightRider

KnightRider New Member

hahahaha
    its really funny that every now and then there seems to be an argument in this forum comparing Paki and indian rock... well wat i dont get is.... is it really gonna make any diff if we keep on arguing about it.... :shock:
    and also there seems to be no end to this... no one is gonna admit that the other country has a better rock status

anywayz... to all the indian rock fans ... i must say that u should all admit that Paki bands rock at this moment... there is no harm in admitting the reality...

See it for u'rself there are more threads in this forum with songs of Paki bands then indian bands...
    How many Indian bands do we frequently listen to?... Silk route, Euphoria( hehe thas not even a rock band ... sounds more like bhangra with similar tune in each song)... :p:
    and see how many paki bands are there.... junoon, strings, ep, fuzon and so many... infact they r all creating really great music and also famous among all desi ppl in Pakistan, India, bangladesh and even ppl outside this places...

Comon ppl... its time to admit the reality!!! Paki rock rulez :rockon:

7. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

agreed.. maybe the other reason why they r popular is pakistan is the only other musical alternatives pakistanis have are qawwalis and ghazals.
    but in india every region has a popular home bred popular and classical music genre..
    in south india there is carnatic music,tamil folk music,malayali folk music in east india there is rabindra sangeet which formed the basis of many SD and RD burman songs.. there is bhojpuri and up folk music.. a lil bit of which u may see in bands like silk route and euphoria.. then there is hindustani shastriya sangeet, ghazals , qawallis, annd sufi music as well.. and this is just 10% of all the musical options available in india. compared to that pakistan has zilch.. so since options are scarce, rock has won in pak. India has no need to turn to rock, as there are other musical avenues.. which are more fruitful in india. I am saying this for the sake of valid argument, as a rock fan i would like rock to become more popular in india.. but with idnias rich musical traditions it doesnt need rock to become mainstream.. thats a matter of fact.

8. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

^^^well said. very true.

@knightrider, is there any band name u suggested in ur post categorize as 'rock'?

9. KnightRider

KnightRider New Member

@jay..... yea man... i also agree that india has the richest diversity in terms of music... and that cud be a reason why they r lagging behind in rock... but who knows, they might also come up with something good... with so many new bands developing every day...
    anywayz, the talent india have in other areas with ppl like Pandit Hari Prasad Chaurasia in Flute.... RAvi Shankar in Sitar ... Amjad ALi Khan in Santoor... really deserves a lot of credit

Also try checking out some of the Bangladeshi bands that are rising in this arena.... i have heard music of Bands like : Miles, Black and others... and they really produce quality music... the only problem is language... which, has kept them secluded from other regions of Indian Sub continent

10. KnightRider

KnightRider New Member

@6String_Assasin...
    i guess the names i suggested in my post didnt satisfy u'r requirements for rock...
    try some of the compositions of bands where the following guitarist plays : Faraz Anwar, Amir Zaki, Mekaal Hasan
    Also try listening to Garas Baras, Bulleya (junoon), My guardian angel (Shallum) and there r so many others
    U will get the answer to u'r ques...
    :rockon:

11. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

amjad ali khan is sarod maestro :p: shivkumar sharma is santoor .. but yea you made your point.. he deserves credit :)

12. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

HAh wut do u kno abt pak music
    they got variety of musik and all without glamour
    (showing models and ***y remixes, as india does)

we got internationally known folk musik beside rock musik
    NUSRAT FATEH ALI KHAN is a guiness record holder 4 most qawalis...
    he was very famous even in France and america
    Abida parveen ,Noor jehan , mehdi hassan

we got internationally known pop singers like ABRAR UL HAQ ,.FAKHIR .,ADNAN SAMI,SHEHZAD ROY N OTHERS

well fer ur info even JUNOON is a Sufi rock band .......see its lyrics
    they r from BULLEY SHAH (a poet used to live in 12th century),
    MIRZA GHALIB ,
    SHAH HUSSAIN (13tH century),
    ALLAMA IQBAL......
    they combined the folk music (TABLA , TAMBOURINES) with westren rock and sufi poetic lyrirs

13. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

India has got nothing in Rock ,Pop

exept Filmi songs, Bhangra , n Remixes of old indian song
    they hav got all similar lyrics.....i.e love b/w guy n a gal (with very few exceptions)

dont u hav any other topics in the songs to discuss...

14. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i said what variety does pak have apart from qawwalis and ghazals.. and in my paragraph on indian music i said plus we have qawaalis, ghazals and sufi music as well.. meaning indian music diversity also encapsulates whats there in pak as well. I am saying this a s a matter of fact. unlike u i do not have any patriotic affinity to either country, so am not biased by silly emotions like patriotism.

15. bravo

bravo New Member

they hav got all similar lyrics.....i.e love b/w guy n a gal (with very few exceptions)

dont u hav any other topics in the songs to discuss...[/QUOTE]

well i think that 99 % of indian song hav lyrics simlar to each other
    e.g
    i loved u ,u loved me,u made me crazy ,u made me mad in ur love.....Bluh Bluh
    thats all Crap
    they hav nothing to show in the music but gulz n guys dancing in Disco :p: `s
    well they dont hav any other genres of musik....... :shutup:

16. 6String_assasin

PPL PPL PPL.
    PLZ post AFTER reading the last post COMPLETELY. i repeat COMPLETELY.

17. shak

shak Harrr!

this is so silly..i knew that one day this thread will get the patriotic cold war....

18. 6String_assasin

no actually, now anyone who reads this thread will get an idea of wots really like the rock scene in both the countries..
    let them decide for themselves...

19. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i think both the places have their own beauty !!!

well as far as rock is concerned , the beauti of indian and pakistani rocks are both the countries mantains the culture and values in a performace ...

i think instead of juss arguing abt the differentiations between the indian rock and pakistani rock , we should pluck out the beauty of it !!!

i love strings , they are amazing and very innovative !!!

at the same time bands like indus creed , parikrama and agni rocks !!!

20. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

well okie
    i admitt that both countries have their own taste
    and now a days most of the bands r working together
    and i think thats better actually from the past