Indian rock vs Pakistani Rock

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by JAZZ, Dec 13, 2004.

?

which country has got better rock scene ?

1. india

39.4%
  2. pakistan

60.6%
  1. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

be able to write songs, give music to it, and perform the song "live" without any external help of session musicians. thats my definition of a working band. and strings cant do 25% of that. they just hire more talented musicians and hide behind them during shows.

2. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

strings write their OWN songs, they compose it THEMSELVES and yes they also have done rocking concerts (atleast here in India and i am sure in pakistan too). ofcourse 2 guys cant handle all the instruments needed in a show but that doesnt mean they hide behind others. and they do have good voices. i really dont know how u made ur judgement seeing only one performance. and if u keep up with their interviews, u'll know that last minute arrangements were made for them in their US tour concerts.

3. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

u can be their fan, i will continue to diss them.. to each his own. Strings suck big time.

4. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

pak rock is better

5. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

i agree with jay2. strings may make good music but they can't play it on their own when it comes to playing live..they suck. :p:

6. aysh

well my friends saw their concerts in bangalore and delhi and they sure were effusive in their praise for them. all swear that their show have been rocking. 6string i really dont know who told u that they cant perform live.
    and talking of that they r coming to my college in our annual fest (DA-IICT). totally excited!!

7. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

they had all local musicians spicing up their delhi gig at the qutab including a 19 yr old drummer prodigy.. forgot his name..
    when u got money.. u can buy talent.. i am not so sure if they write their own songs.. they could easily buy it too..
    also how can u call a 2 person team a band? thats not the way it works..

even solo artists have thier own bands.. bryan adams for eg..
    u cant change basic players of a rock band for each gig and album and be called a band.. page and plant dont call themselves led zeppelin.. because they aint zeppelin by themselves.. same with the beatles.. or anyband.
    of course there are contractual obligations in their cases, but i mean hiring all the musicians and calling your self a band is rdicilous!

8. aysh

hey u sure seem short of information. bilal composes all their songs. and if they prefer to call themselves a band, then whats the problem ? i mean does a band necessarily have to consist of 4-5 head banging junkies. u sure need to rethink dude

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i dont need any rethinking just because u happen to be a strings fan, enjoy their show have fun

10. aysh

yeah i will enjoy the show. but i'll be glad if i could brainwash u and turn u into a Strings fan too :p . ive done this to my whole college practically. i made the whole hostel listen to Strings over and over till they surrendered :-D now strings is a big hit in our hostels. and everyone knows who's their biggest fan on earth. thats me !

11. shak

shak Harrr!

strings dont write all of thier songs by themselves.....bilal maqsood's dad anwar maqsood writes most of them now....FACT!

Shallum xavier plays guitar for most of the strings songs..and bilal only acts as if he is actually playing it....the truth is revealed when you listen to them live (i have) they are unbearable....FACT!

12. aysh

yeah shallum plays for them and thats becoz bilal's guitaring isnt studio standard clean. not that he's a monkey on the axe. and his dad doesnt do most of them... most are done by bilal.
    my frnds have seen therir live show in bangalore. and he said tht his guitaring was cool. no s.hit . ive seen ppl criticize him just becoz he doesnt play studio guitar. i bet he is much better guitarist than the best guitarist on our forum. all i want to say is that he's not as good as shallum doesnt mean he's "bad" .

13. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

they made it big because they were rich. once u make it big, u can hire all the brilliant talents , and then take credit.. its a vicious circle..
    these buggers are also featured in the spiderman soundtrack.. makes me sick.. i can tell if a person is talented or not in 2 minutes.. u dont need any band or music or anything.. if a vocalist sings.. in 1 minute u would know if he is good or bad.. same with guitarist.. I saw them live.. and they sucked big time.. there are 50 musicians in seattle who are 100 times better than them..

14. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

anyways we are all :eek:fftopic:

pakistan rock rocks!! (but not strings and atif aslam)

i heard indian ocean some song named after the war or something..
    they are very good musicians but seem messed up in the head a little.. always a good combo :p: the vocalist with the fake english accent sucked.. the punjabi vocalist rocked.. drummer was tight.. the indian raaga melody was cliched.. i liked the funk rock part towards the end.. definitely better than some other indian rock bands. i give half a vote for indian rock..

by the way they reminded me a lil of " The Banned" madras band featuring of the Peters brother on the bass. carl or keith i forget..

15. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

Yeah Jay, I agree with U.

16. aysh

there are so many rich ppl in the world, in India... then why is it tht we dont have a strings or fuzon. right that strings guys were rich. so what. they got a platform which they deserved. and they are making original music which ppl love .

17. child_of_bodom

child_of_bodom New Member

well as for the DIRECTION OR FOCUS thing i say indian rock bands are way better than the pakistani rock bands.ask any1 bout paki bands.....there will always be bands like junoon....jal.not much more ......u talk bout indian bands...u dnt even know what rock is in india ...leave rock PUNK bands are cumin up and they r kore killin.......zero,orange street,blood mary,sisters of the system,virgin steel,death echos......what not man....and by the way they play hindi also....and are much much much better than most the paki bands.im not sayin junoon and all are bad....theyre prett gud but havin one hit song and braggin bout it all along is nothin gr8.so i say that indian bands are much much better

18. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

there was this bangalore band named mangamma's pleasure.. in the 90s
    i wonder what happened to them

19. vikramk

vikramk New Member

This is a foolishness to compare Sophie & Baby doll etc with pure Rock Bands. They haave done nohing more than showing their body & navel in songs. Euphoria, Indian Occen Silk route etc. are the good examples & enough to satisfy indian listeners.
    I'm agree with child_of_bodom .
    East or west india is the best

20. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------