Indian rock vs Pakistani Rock

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by JAZZ, Dec 13, 2004.

?

which country has got better rock scene ?

1. india

39.4%
  2. pakistan

60.6%
  1. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

dude how many tours are they supposed to make in say abt 2 years time..
    i think their tour lasted more than a year if im not mistaken..
    they have come out with an album..
    and i dont think they have stopped giggin.

how can u expect rock bands to get signed up if record executives per say prefer falguni pathak anytime over a good rock band..
    thats coz its asssured that falguni pathak is bound to sell more albums than a rock band in india
    the scene is improvin though..
    im makin that comparison coz those were the exact same words of a top recordin exec...my friend worked on a project on the indian music scene..

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

u can use the moniker J when refering to me, to avoid confusion :)

3. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

Indian ROCK will be BIG !!! just a matter of time

4. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

@jayswamy, be glad this is IGT, had it been some other forum u wud have had ur a** kicked real hard. ur thing abt indian rock bands is totally crap.

@others, out of the pakistani bands, only Strings make good music..i dun like junoon, and haven't heard eternity paradigm.

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^^^assassin, totally right dude:)

6. Frozen Flame

Frozen Flame New Member

hey 6string......its entity paradigm not eternity paradigm..............

@theclone: the topic is who is the best at the present

@jaynath:the topic isnt wat their financial problems are , the topic is whos the best at rocking................

and thats pakistan and all u no it, u just dont want to admit it.

7. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

^^^ I agree 100%

8. gautam_njoy

gautam_njoy New Member

well right now i think the pakistani bands hav got a lil edge more than india coz it is comin uo with some good tracks...
    but having heard to parikrama,moksha,indian ocean,pentagram in thier concerts i really feel its juz the financial factor thats keeping their good music to spread.. and also theres this mind set of indian ppl to juz follow foreign blindly no matter how the quality is and this does include everyone including me.....
    but i m sure these days would fade away and the indian rock bands wil come into scne soon with some excellent songs and tours and all will be praising them...

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

where i live, india=pakistan
    so i am judging the music in a neutral way.

Jay

10. Frozen Flame

Frozen Flame New Member

ok i will........tell me a site frm where i can download it.

11. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i dont know abt the pakistan rock scene..
    but i wish there would be more bands in mumbai playin diff shit..
    wherever i go all the bands seem to be playin death metal ...and the vocals..damn..
    if the music scene was more balanced ...i would be happier.

12. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

strings is okay. even fuzon (though they are not rockers) are fine. pakistani band scene is nice and cosy. but indian rock still tops. especially pentagram and parikrama.

13. 6String_assasin

@jayswamy, even where we live n wot we think is INDIA=PAKISTAN. we r judging neutrally too..

the pakistani bands are making more mainstream music which gets them on tv and radio. india has loads of bands playing underground...n even bands like indian ocean are not gaining popularity is just the financial factor and the fact that ppl here are listening to wotever mtv/channel v shows..no using brains... n then there is these ppl in bollywood music ind. that just found the recipe to make shit. they r spoiling everything.

14. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i was answering to gautam wheh mentioned "and also theres this mind set of indian ppl to juz follow foreign blindly no matter how the quality is and this does include everyone including me.....
    "

15. 6String_assasin

i saw fuzon live on tv...they just sucked...no better than ne local indorian band...haha...IIM, indore's band cud challenge them. compare these fuzon guys to parikrama live or indian ocean live, u'll see the difference.

@jayswamy, olrite ;)

16. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

i dont think strings is a rock band...i mean they sound almost like pop.

17. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

they r not a band period. just a couple of rich kids who had the resources.

18. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

strings is nothing like rock. they have just gained popularity, thats all.

19. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

though some of their r worth listening....like duur, anjane etc....though i dont dig on it. i do listen to it ...sometimes for a change.

20. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i wonder how they made it with minimal perfomance talent
    the only ones who could play that day were the session musicians and the singer was absolutely besura live.