Indian rock vs Pakistani Rock

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by JAZZ, Dec 13, 2004.

?

which country has got better rock scene ?

1. india

39.4%
  2. pakistan

60.6%
  1. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

well do u think which of these countries hav got better scene of rock music
    at present.....

do u hav some arguements for u r answer??

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

PAKISTAN! yea..

Junoon vs DJ Sophie?
    Noorie vs Shefali?
    JAL vs Deepal Shah?

I rest my case.

3. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

haha

n where is the DJ baby doll n sweet honey mix

4. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

pakistani rock.....cause i haven't heard of any hindi rock yet...actually, Euphoria calls themselves a rock band...hmmmm...what do ya think?

5. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

lol@euphoria

6. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

well pakistni rock is better i guyess
    and indi pop is good but guess artists like ali zafar,jal, etc are bringing good pop music too

7. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I dunno, havent heard either of them. That is, the rock bands of the countries. But i heard jal and i liked it very much. That apart, this is in the wrong forum, this should be in Music talk. This thread will be moved.

8. Sohrab_khan

Sohrab_khan 6stringz luva!!

Pakistani rock rocks big time... The guy`s rite...
    Junoon noori jal and e.p.... the names of pakistani rock.. thr`s no damn way hindi rock(if any) could stand shoulder to shoulder with them.

9. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

well, i haven't heard the pakistani bands...

for india there wud be parikrama, indian ocean, euphoria??

there wud be a lot of underground bands not many people know..

10. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Indian Ocean is awesome man. I heard their composition played by ananth, and it was brilliant to say the absolute least.

11. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

if u consider rock bands that play hindi music then i have to say that the pakistani rock bands are better.

@6strings parikrama play english songs dude, so u cant compare them with Junoon and noorie
    if thats the case then there are much better indian "english" rock bands like parikrama,
    pentagram, TAAQ and many more

12. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

well pakistan is better in rock
    junoon is the famous band internationally
    the band has over 900 concerts worldwide
    they won the best international group Channel V awards in 1998
    well its the 1st Asian band n second band overall (Rolling stones being the first) who did concert in the building of United Nations...they hav few jamming sessions with Mic jagger n Rod stewert....
    now Noori E.p jal are coming to the higher level as well......they r known internationally

as far as the indian rock.....
    very few bands appears on the t.v(although india has very strong media)

13. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

well it seems 4rm the poll
    that paki rock is dominating

14. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

indian rock bands tend to give too much importance to vocalist's or guitarist's ego, do a lot of fusion while lot of paki bands play plain old fashioned rock .. so i prefer paki bands and yea i dont like junoon.

Jay

15. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i mean the underground english rock scene in india
    i sampled it in bangalore and madras and delhi when i was there last month..
    those dudes r living ina time warp.. hardly progressive. Like i was a colleg student in the early 90s.. and i visited the DU campus... st stephens none the less..
    nothings changed.. the guys r still listening and playing the same shit i used to 10 years ago..,
    speaking and singing in hindi is blasphemy, they r not in sync with cool new indie artists, exposure is lmited to classic rock (read floyd and thull) and metal.. doesnt do much for your lyrics and compositinal skills... bands still playing summer of 69 and shit like that , and girls lisetning to enrique iglesias..

but then my elder cousin probably felt the same when he visited my hostel in the 90s :)

but coming to the indian rock bands... they have no focus or direction I felt.. and thats the reason why they r not famous.. they are not good enough.. what other reason can u give me.. so many pakistan rock bands have made it big.. and u have to rely on some obscure college rock bands to carry the indian rock flame?
    Jay

16. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

well what ever, but everyone knows that pakistani rock is much better than that of india

17. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

indian rock is still in the developing stage !! it will naturally take some time for them to make it big.

@jayswami the thing abt indian bands playin the same old shit is crap!
    so what is they play some old heavy metal songs, these songs are good and require skill to play well, so what if no one plays pink floyd ?? u cannot expect them to play any pink floyd covers since most of their songs are plain boring (apart of a few really nice ones) ! and i think that u have seen only the college bands in blore, chennai and delhi, you shld check out the professional bands in india there are plenty rite now !

18. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i said everyone is playing floyd.. good that u think they r boring. what pro bands?
    pentagram? parikrama? how come these "pro" bands r not touring and performing and making news? bottom line, these bands havent been able to captivate the masses and the masses r still watching dj sophie.. so DJ Sophie is greater than all indian rock bands put together. In pakistan the rock bands have been able to captivate the masses.

Jay

19. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ dude ...parikrama did have an INDIA tour..

20. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

so what happened after that? why arent they in heavy rotation?