Indian people, most likely one of the smartest race in the world

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by clyde0225, Oct 14, 2006.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

**** you, I did include myself in people.

2. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

well we havent a patent to our name, not even in software, where we are considered a force to reckon with.

indians are not ingenious, they cant innovate. the only "products" we have come up with are "Bose" speakers, Shenaz hussian's herbal products, the invention of the technique used to generate radio waves (for which J C Bose got belated recognition), and the companies "i-flex" and Biocon, have a patented product each.

compare that to a germany or a japan or a usa and see for urself.

indians and chinese (china, japan & korea) are indeed the 2 peoples who have a higher intelligence than anyone else, at least as per the book "the bell curve".

But it takes more than intelligence to invent new things and concepts. Takes ingenuity, application, innovation, an experimental bent of mind and lots of lateral thinking. We arnt good at any of those. The Japanese are perhaps the 2nd best at inventing followed by germanic peoples in general (and germany in particular).

The smartest, both at theoritcal subjects as well as innovation remain of course the Jews.

btw, get your facts right. europeans arnt the only caucasians. arabs, pakis, indians, srilankans, bangladeshis all are caucasians. only they arnt "white" caucasians, ie., not of european stock. As for the word "caucasian", that purely arbitary (i'll leave it to you to find out why square jawed peoples are called "caucasian")

3. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

4. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Doesnt it need more of the simple things like a proper diet aswell? I mean for intelligence, not for innovation.

5. jozko

jozko Banned

I have different thoughts Jam bro. Honestly I dislike concept of countries(Some famous astronaut remarked " as we go higher n higher, all man made sights disappear, countries/borders disappear, earth appears much more beautiful, only one of its kind in the space we see" ).

I dislike racism too. But as things stand today and referring to people in this region as Indians, it's a very old civilization and been less business/patent oriented culture. Think of Music(most evolved in world), Ayurveda, free gurukula education, concept of atom, contribution of zero, astrology, Vaastu, pushpak flight concept etc etc. The list is endless. We did not patent them true. It's my understanding that Lord Krishna was a brilliant mathematician, musician, warware expert etc etc etc and Bagavadgita (or vedas??) have PI (3.14... ) decoded to several decimal places than western mathematicians. I think the decoding is encrypted in some Vedic/Gita sukta. PI is such an important mathematical concept. Link https://www.sabhlokcity.com/metaphysics/chapter4.html might throw in more light.

Talkin of races, I am from south. People here sometimes refer that we r original indians (dravidians?) and pushed south down by invasion from north and pushed farther to Srilanka. I don't subscribe, I believe whoever likes and lives in this culture are indians and as we go out mingle with people, we get that indian culture. But closed a/c rooms and business culture are taking things to wrong directions, I am afraid. I believe all s/w companies products mentioned earlier will disappear in several years, The vedas, Ayurveda, Vaastu and all will stand forever

Listening to cricket commentary on radio the other day, there was some Ad that said "we respect mehmaan/guest, europeans came as guests we welcomed and they ruled for several hundred years" :-D

A lighter version https://www.youtube.com/w/?v=xQQOsbxkL7I ;)
    All personal thoughts, no offence, no args :beer:

6. jozko

jozko Banned

^ppl i forgot to add my fav, KaamaSutra