Indian Idol Poll

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Iraqita_EP, Mar 5, 2006.

?

What is ur view on indian idol?

1. Biggest Fan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bearable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Watch it sometimes

16.7%
  4. Indian Idol Sux

83.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

Hi Guys
    I think indian idol sux and i wud like to see the show taken off the air...
    instead of it i wud like more of stuff like roadies and some sort of rock show to come on air...indian rock idol or sumthn like that..
    wat do u guys think?

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^How would that be any different?

3. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

today all reality show sux........tht day galti se i watched tht show somethin deal ya no deal...man i was wonderin whter the deal was of MANDIRA bedi..coz she was in so less clothes...hehe.....

4. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

i mean there is no proper exposure for indian rock bands...i mean we hav the levis rock concert and campus rock idols but they are not aired on tv...we shud hav more of that stuff on tv rather than some guy who thinks he can sing become a pop star

5. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

its all to predictable and its a copy

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

and how will your idea be any less of a copy?

7. ambuj

ambuj Pro Tabber

yeah.. indian idol sux...

8. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Touche. And do you really think the core mainstream of indian music listeners is suited to "Rock"?

9. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

well if im free nd there is nuthin to watch , then i go for idian idol...WELL ITS SUXS...LAst yrs indian idol was betta

10. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

aajkal ki gen ko publicity acchi lagti hai gaane chaahe kitne bhi bakwaas hon(im talkin bout 12-16 yrs old in my skool)
    rock ko agar kuch publicity milen to kuch to ho sakhta hai
    plus there has never been a live televised rock competition in india.so it wont be a copy..

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Then why is Indian Idol a copy?

12. vishwa_reborn

vishwa_reborn New Member

well well ... Indian Idol 2 suxxx...

i think these ppl shud change the judges and bring..

A.R. Rehman , Shankar mahadevan and pandit Jasraj as the judges.. then it will be really an Indian Idol show..

I know these gr8 ppl will never come in crap shows.... hence indian idol suxxx

13. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

bjr hav heard of a show called american idol????which was a copy of englands pop idol...hence it is a copy

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Then you should hear of a show called Guitar Idol where guitarists compete in much the same way.

Also hear of a bengali TV programme called Band-e mataram where there was a "rock" band reality TV show.

Hence your idea will be a copy too.

15. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

the format of "Pop Idol" was originally created by Simon Fuller and Simon Cowell. They later altered it a bit to create the format of American Idol.

Now to answer ur question, Indian Idol is based on the format of American Idol. They have not ripped the format but acquired the license to shoot and air it in India, and they give the due credit to Fuller in every show. So its not a rip/off or copy.
    Same goes with KBC, Fame Gurukul, Deal Ya No Deal etc.

Having said that, I personally do not like Indian Idol.

anshphenomenon likes this.
  16. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

dont get bengali tv in delhi..so didnt no bout dat show...sorry for any rudeness bjr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.