Indian Guitar Tabs Search Plugin for Mozilla Firefox

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by zoomingrocket, Dec 11, 2005.

1. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Hello Friends...

As we already have seen a mozilla firefox search plugin from Apurbajd...the same has been tweaked a little bit for filtering results from Guitar Tabs forums only instead of all forums of IGT

For Windows Users...download the file IndianGuitarTabs_Search_Plugin_Windows.zip, unzip and run the setup program for easy installation
    Note: If the Installer doesnt pick up the correct location for installation...then please manually browse to the directory:
    %WindowsRoot%\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins\

For Linux Users...download the file IndianGuitarTabs_Search_Plugin_Linux.zip
    The Archive contains a readme which would guide the installation procedure for Linux..

A screenshot from Firefox on Linux has been also attached...
    Enjoy and have fun..
    Once again thanks to Apurbajd for bringing this cool innovative stuff in front of us all...

TestBeds:
    Windows: Mozilla Firefox 1.5
    Linux (Ubuntu 5.04): Mozilla Firefox 1.0.6

Original Release(Apurbajd): https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=16278

REgards,
    Zooom...!!

Attached Files:

sixstringsin and the_wizard like this.
  2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

kudos to zoom
    dnloading this
    see zoom...this is y i love firefox....can ur Ie do this:p:

3. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

I know IE cant do this....or does not allow this...
    But i still like and support IE... its different :p:

Regarding this plugin development... i am a staunch supporter of FREE Software and Linux... Hence, I would like to work towards its development regardless of mine personal browser preference!

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

4. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Hey good work Zoom... thanx 4 making my plugin more user friendly with that installer and for the useful tweaking (search only in GuitarTabs Forums) ...... liked it !...

5. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

kudos zoom.. thanks for the linux one..

u rock

6. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Whoa, now thats something! Great job ZoOM and Apurbajd!

7. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Liked it.. But where are the changes duh!.. Okay might find them soon.:eek:: Anyway, where's the search only option as apurbajd said??:think:

nIK!:nw:

8. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Hey Nik, there is no option like that! The modified plugin searches only in the tabs forum while the original one used to search all the forums. ... I was referring to that.....

9. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

does not work for me...on firefox will try again later...

10. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

i did't used Mozilla Firefox....Kaisa hai Mozilla Firefox...?How is tht softwere??

11. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

Brilliant !! reps and 1k points each to zoom n apurbajd :)

12. Glass

Glass New Member

Cool...All thnks 4 Linux plugins...

13. sandyssn

sandyssn New Member

awesome plugin.. kudos :)

14. Energy jobs

Energy jobs New Member

“Being a Special Forces Communications team member it is my duty to ensure that all of our systems are up and running. One of them being team members’ computers. Most have been using the “other guys” web browsers and it is up to me that they use the safest browser for operation security. Well I have been a huge fan of Firefox and ensured the safety of everyone’s computers if they used Firefox to an extent. After installing it on their computers the guys agree that they enjoy using Firefox and are impressed with the security they get with it. They particularly enjoy being able to change the layout to what ever theme they want. Small potatoes in my book but it’s small things like that here in Iraq that can improve morale. It will always be my pleasure to tell everyone about Firefox and I will always be a faithful user. Keep up the good work and God bless.

15. kantibhai

kantibhai New Member

can some one give me a primer in the gadgets that can be connected to computer to learn guitar or sing and record song. whre are the karaokes available.
    thanks all

16. jeetu_d2004

jeetu_d2004 New Member

Hi,
    Are there any guitar tutors in nearby area of Wanowarie?
    Please let me know if anybody know about the same.

17. sarenax

sarenax New Member

What's the difference between Internet Explorer and FireFox? Why do people say I should switch to FireFox?
    Every time I call for tech support they tell me I should switch to FireFox! Even when it has nothing to do with the internet. What are the differences, I want specifics, not vague answers like: It's better or safer.

18. Shinoda

Shinoda New Member

Thanx for the plugin
    Kudos ZoOM and Apurbajd