Indian Captain for ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 - SOURAV GANGULY or RAHUL DRAVID ???

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by paranoid13rohan, Jul 26, 2006.

?

Dada or Dravid ???

1. Sourav Ganguly

17 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. Rahul Dravid

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

good point there ... :rock:

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Not really. Cricket is not to be ruled by emotions. Just because Sourav pulled Dravid up when he was down does not mean that Rahul is in any way obliged to do the same. Sourav pulled Dravid up because he thought Dravid would be of great importance to the team and sure enough he was. Most of Ganguly's success as captain pivots around the success of Rahul Dravid. Rahul Dravid WAS Ganguly's success.

I believe Sourav Ganguly fits into the team again as a batsman and not as a captain and more so in the current team. We've got this big hole in the top order that we're desperately trying to cover up with ill-suited replacements simply because they're young. Sanath Jaysuriyas and Robin Singhsare not born in youth though.

3. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^^ I agree the fact that Ganguly should not captain anymore. The team he made does not exist anymore.

4. twistedthoughts

twistedthoughts New Member

Zinadine Zidane :eek:)

5. bsharp

bsharp New Member

If u say Ganguly lacked Team Spirit.....
    Then can u say how the team could become so successful during his reign..
    How he could have become the most successful captain.. How come such good players like Yuvraj , Dhoni got chance into the side... Who was behind Sehwag 's being a fifth bowler and so effective..

And moreover... does any player deliberately makes his partner out... ?
    Then Paki wud have thrown out INZI...

Man u dont make sense... Sorry to say this but cant help ...

6. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

both are/were horrible captains ..both of them cant captain a team for nuts

..but i would say ..LUCK always favoured ganguly ....so his record as a captain when you look at the other INDIAN captains ..is really good ...
    lets c how rahul leads his team in overseas matches..we saw the atrocious performance in the 4-1 WI series..and the test series victory was plagued with horrible pitches which allowed those clown indian bowlers to spin there heart out..i mean..have u heard of spinnin wickets in the windies ??......they used to make some of the fastest wickets in the world and now ..all of a sudden ...the ball starts turnin in the 2nd day !!.....the BCCI definetely had somethin to do with this !!!!..

but ..definetely ...ganguly ..maybe not the better captain..but the luckier one ..

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Ricky Ponting isn't really a good batsman. He's just been lucky with his shots for the last 5 years and that is where his consistency is coming from.

Luck is always a part of captaincy and the more your moves click, the better captain you are considered....add to this the respect he was given by his team and I think you have a decent captain. Any move that clicks is considered a stroke of genius and any move that fails is an appalling ploy. Similarly, a batsman is aggressive when he bats and rash when he gets out in the general opinion. Ganguly did manage his resources better than Dravid and while I don't believe that he should be reinstated as captain, I think he was certainly a better captain than Dravid.

Anyway, I don't know why Im bothering to discuss this.

8. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

R u nuts ???? ...

Ponting is been lucky with his shots 4 d past 5 yrs !!! :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol: :RollLol:

9. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

face the truth..
    saurav will not be back</3

allthough, i want him tooo<3

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

er...R u slow ???? ...

11. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

As we all know that Ganguly has taken up the only given option he had, bar dancing, Rahul Dravid.

Saying that I also have to add that it is Ganguly who shaped the team to be what it is now.

12. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

luck favours the brave .but batting has nothin to do with captaincy..they are too completely different virtues..
    but you gotta remember that dalmiya was ganguly's best friend so even if some of his moves dint click...no way anybody cud have lifted him of his captaincy ..it is with this in mind ..that i think ganguly was "brave" enof to make some really really "different" moves ...some which clicked and others which turned out to be a nightmare...

however you look at it ....it dont matter ..dravid is/will be the captain till the end of the comin world cup ....and even if he is deprived of his captaincy....noway he is goin to be replaced by ganguly.the prince's career is over ..

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yet what can you do without luck going your way? There's not much a batsman can do if a Jhonty Rhodes plucks your catch out of the air midway or if an umpire judges you out when you are not? Where would a batsman be if the aggresive shot that he mishit did not land between the 3 converging fielders running in from mid-off, mid-on and long off? Isn't playing an aggresive shot in the air similar to making a bold move as a captain?

I don't think anyone could be stupid enough to cite luck as the reason for success of a batsman over a reasonable length of time. Why then cite luck as the major factor behind Sourav's success as captain considering that he'd been at it for 5 years and taken India to heights it had not scaled for some time? Add to it the uncanny knack that he had of picking the right people....people that he nurtured being Yuvraj, Kaif, Dravid, Sehwag, Zaheer Khan and Parthiv Patel (perhaps one of his few failures) have been some of the best performers for the country since. Also notice that he never was in favour of Murali Karthik....something for which he was criticized widely and when Greg and Rahul decided to set things right, they discovered what Sourav had years agol...that Murali Karthik is just not good enough. He also stuck up for what he believed in....a trait that even Greg Chappel has that I like no matter if I do not believe in what he believes in.

This is a really pathetic thing to say....going that way by your logic, Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh are "brave" enough to play some of the "different" shots they play because no one can drop them. It's called having faith in players and supporting them...and this is what leads to heroics which make cricketing legends. If you don't back the people that you've placed your trust in...you'd be a poor manager.

I don't want Ganguly back as captain. I don't care about Ganguly in particular. I do believe though that his coming back as a batsman would be in team interest.

g0g0l likes this.
  14. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

VEry well said, reps for that...

15. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

all said and done, this is a poll, and the results speak for themselves.