India v/s Pakistan v/s Bangladesh

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by ronnieanand, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^^
    Please, someone help this d00d with his troubled childhood.

2. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

isnt it surprising that even after all this, people everywhere (india) still try to emulate the culture/lifestyle of these guys and kiss their ass.

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^True brother, very true. One should observe the NRI's that exist here. Miserable species who cannot be called indians and will never be accepted as americans. So the struggle goes on......

4. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Their culture = Fish and chips.

The culture/lifestyle youre referring to is WESTERN, and mainly invented by the americans.

And it surprises me how many indians have discrimination so high in their priority list. At least when they use the high headed patriotic mode of talking. Really funny/annoying/disgusting.

And also the notion that being patriotic automatically means being "good".

5. d_ist_urb_ed

^You say the discrimination is uncalled for?

6. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

well he said "white people" in his thread. but ur right.

wt do u mean - "high headed patriotic mode of talking" ?

7. shsnawada

@disturbed: I think discrimination has done [MUCH] more bad than good. Thats why i dont necessarily like it.

8. d_ist_urb_ed

@merqury, you know what he's talking about.
    @shsnawada, i concur. But it's not always uncalled for, and while it's true that there are other human ways of voicing opinions, often i find that i cannot blame the "patriotic high headers" I'm one of those......

9. shsnawada

How did americans discriminate against us? The americans along with the USSR were the main forces behind the decolonization wing of the UN.

High headed patriotic mode? You said, that were falling to "their" culture. Presuming that you are thinking that its a bad thing, by using the internet (and other "western" things) havent you fallen into it aswell?

What i said could be bullshit just in case you have plans to "indianize". Do you?

10. d_ist_urb_ed

Respect your opinion bro, you have a good head resting on your shoulders. Now, in case what i say might be misinterpreted, i want to add something. When we "high headers" discriminate, we discriminate against, not people using internet or other "western things" heck we're using one right now, but rather against "indians" who do everything in their power to denounce their indianness and prostitute themselves to be accepted as americans. I hope what i've said is clear.

11. shsnawada

I can easliy blame quite a fair number of them for hypocrisy. And some others for unnecessary hatred towards other countries (and their people).

But it does have some advantages, like a competitive spirit (for sports, economy....etc) and also an attitude which makes a person feel "if i do this, it'll be better for my country. I want to help". (< I'd say that in india, this was gone after the 60's really)

12. d_ist_urb_ed

Something we can agree upon :beer:

13. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

how is using the internet the same as being western. no doubt they invented it.

if that's the case, they invented the light bulb > does that mean we shouldnt use them for fear of westernization ?

:S im getting more confused. maybe i didnt understand your point.

14. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs &amp; Pasta

Oh.. you meant those kind of people. Even though i live in vienna, i didnt really see many people like that. Just maybe two or three people. I dont know enough about that to actually have an opinion about them. :(

15. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

^ those are the people im talking about too.

16. d_ist_urb_ed

So we're all finally on the same page. Cheers :beer: I'm glad to see that the world(IGT) still has some intelligent thinkers left.

17. shsnawada

Wait, seems like i've misunderstood what you said. I thought you implied that indians accepting the western culture was a bad thing.

I'd say that the people who denounce indian culture exist more in india than elsewhere. I think its quite similar with an urban guy saying things about a rural one.

18. d_ist_urb_ed

^"Internet" is not western culture bro. Well, yes, hypocrisy is rooted within the country.

19. shsnawada

I didnt mean the internet. What i meant was urban people talking shit about rural people. That fits more easily into: " "indians" who do everything in their power to denounce their indianness and prostitute themselves to be accepted as americans. I hope what i've said is clear.".

Atleast, from what i've seen, that happens more WITHIN india as opposed to outside india.

20. d_ist_urb_ed

Aye........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.