India v/s Pakistan v/s Bangladesh

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by ronnieanand, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Good.. Well, I've always heard a lot about him from my dad. He had the chance to work with him when APJ was the scientific advisor.

2. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

read wings of fire u wld come to know..

3. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

guys...read my signature...a quote by swami vivekananda....
    “You may make thousands of societies, twenty thousand political assemblages, fifty thousand institutions. There will be no use unless there is that sympathy, that love, that heart that thinks for all. But where is the heart to build upon? Where are the foundations?”-Swami Vivekananda...

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

awesome book^^^^

also if you are interested in more about Indian culture and the way it has shaped over the ages read "The Argumentative Indian by Amartya Sen"

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Sure, you have the right to blame them. But in most cases, the budget limits them. And a fair bit goes into their own pockets.

Its a bit more than managing a whole country. The campaigns (take up a lot of time), etc do take up a whole lot of time aswell.
    And as i said before:
    ps: I think democracy is a flawed system.

6. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

^^^^if u wanna know even more.....read some patriotic and indian based speches in swami vivekananda's,"his call to the youth"

7. shsnawada

Yeah, i do have a lot of respect for him.

8. shak

shak Harrr!

i came too late in this thread .. anyway ... been reading the first few posts .. and i totally agree ... i say we need to unite at hearts, and unite at cause, demolish the invisible boundries of hate and discrimination, forget the past and move on ... only if we can do this .. then the physical boundries would go down themselves ...

9. shsnawada

Yeah, that'd be great. But there are some practical problems. Like indoctrination on either sides.

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

yeah, the bit that goes in their pocket is the concerning thing.

I dont want to type down any person's name in a public forum but I have a few friends who are sons/daughters of MPs and I have actually seen them spend. and spend not as what we do but in terms od Lakhs of rupees per day, they cannot deposit the money in the banks because of the huge amount and the q&a that follows so the easiest thing to do is to spend it.

that money is provided by the govt to them for improving the amenities but they way they spend it is honestly pretty sad.

what do u prefer then??
    just curious

11. shsnawada

Yeah, corruption is the second biggest enemy to a country.

I'd actually prefer a non corrupt, dictator with common sense. Democracy could have been a flawless system if......
    I have my rants about democracy. Can send that on gtalk now :grin: (its too big and off topic to be here)

12. shak

shak Harrr!

yeah ,... bloody fanatic doctrines, idoelogies ... i dunno who came up with that crap .. we are humans init? made out of same stuff right? why cant we live together and compromise then!!!! we "should" be able to understand and cooperate! (i know what comes to mind .. i agree .. but i shall not say it .. thats really sad i dunno when things will change)

13. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

this is turning out to be a record breaking thread

4 pages and 50+ posts in less than 2 1/2 hours

14. shsnawada

Yep, nailed it. It starts right from school. And its not really fanatics IMO. Just "patriots"

15. shsnawada

The good thing is that the posts are meaningful.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

And what is the biggest enemy?

To me poverty + corruption are equally evil enemies.

17. anshphenomenon

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Illetracy, unawareness of the political system etc are equally big

19. anshphenomenon

many of the educated ppl..do not vote!!!
    i once asked one of my workers.during the election time.."tumne kis ko vote diya"?? he said" maine toh haath par mohar lagaya"..i asked him the reason ..he said"HAR SAAL USSE PAR LAGATA HOON"....

if this is gonna be the case..then democracy wld go to hell..

20. shak

shak Harrr!

^ +1

add ... "refusal to use one's own mind and think logically instead of being a puppet being dictated by the non-tolerant society"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.