India Tour Of Pakistan

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Taj, Jan 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

228* A Legend

2. alli

alli The Best Ever

304* !

and 194 * !!!! y were 6 more runs not allowed ?????:mad:

but neways.... :beer:

3. jayanth

Play for your COUNTRY not Individual score - DRAVID Policy.
    I AGREE with it..

4. alli

alli The Best Ever

tht is the right way to play ... but i REALLY DO think tht along with team achievements u should NOt forget personal achievements... coz its the combination of BOTH that make u a BETTER player.

dont put personal achievements ABOVE team achievements...but DO NOT forget them either... tht should BE the way to play.

5. jayanth

Dravid did the right thing. 675 was what he asked for. He got it . Declared. Who cares about 200?? Dravid has more 99s and 49s in his lifetime. Never has he even tried to Complete these . Just play for the team. 6 times he finished 49 not out. Did he care???
    India needed 2 runs to win Dravid was on 48. He took a single. Yuve took the winning Run. Thats called Playing For The team. a 50 is JUST a 50. Still he didnt care. He thought Sachin was like that. Apparently thats not true.

6. Taj

Taj New Member

i do agree with that

7. alli

alli The Best Ever

hmm...me too. i culdnt disagree with tht .

8. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

jayanth said it!

i couldn't agree more about rahul.

and i too had some thoughts about sachin some people might disagree with. i agree as everyone does he is the best batsman in the world, one of the most useful cricketers around with the bat, ball and in the field, one of the most natural all-rounders... yet, having hogged the limelight ENTIRELY for so many years and declared time and again the mainstay and the only one worth watching Indian cricket for for over a decade... and now watching others - mostly youngsters - sometimes almost overshadowing his own stature, his team still doing exceptionally well without him contributing much and sometimes nothing at all, to the point that sometimes his inclusion in the team too wouldn't be making the outcome any different - the victory is somehow still certain by others' efforts... absolutely unlike as before... umm... i guess it would get even to the most modest person.

9. shyam

shyam New Member

GOtta agree with you prash_rocks. Sachin is clearly suspect to genuine pace bowling and that outside the offstump line. ALthough he is still without a shadow of a doubt one of the best players, he is no longer the backbone of the indian cricket team and as it rightly should be. You don't see ponting scoring evertyime and takin the lime light, its gilly or hayden at times and martyn and symonds at others.
    But onething has to be said. You can't resist tendulkars play. :p So awsome to watch when going.

10. jayanth

Thing is he had enough time to complete the 200. Its not like he just came to 190s in the -5 overs to that dismissal. After all this Dravid was blamed. Calling it a contraversy.

Look at it this way. It would take 10 mins for a new batsmen on crease. . Then we got to wait for Sachin to hit those SIX VALUABLE runs to complete HIS Double Century. Make that 20 mins. So we Lost 30mins. Then 10 Min break before the next team came on. We lost that crutial one hour of play. I think that turned the game around.

11. jayanth

I feel Irfan Pathan Deserved more support during those press conferences instead of cribbing over a Turning Point decision.

12. Taj

Taj New Member

man i am certainly impressed with Pathan,
    am a big fan of Akram, so i used to collect his videos,
    his records, his best performances watch them over again and again
    and i see the same passion in pathan
    the maturity, the sensibility he has , this glad has a brilliant future man, he'll dominate the cricket world one day with his performances. wish him the best of luck

and well he was the only one who wasn't scared when the earthquake strucked Lahore 2:00 am Wednesday morning.
    Even saachin was scared man, well coming back pathan started giving Azan and stayed in his very place !

13. jayanth

:nw: Akram :nw: Is a Legend. No questins. He is the EVH of Cricket.

14. alli

alli The Best Ever

i agree .... :nw:

15. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

a great victory for pakistan! what a relief it would be for the players to win so convincingly at last... they deserved it fully, and needed to shut the bloody mouths of their detractors.

somehow, i'm feeling quite relieved too... now again this test series has got some meaning too, like it happened in the one dayers, provided either team doesnt push for a draw.

16. jayanth

Its a good thing though. We have an awesome Decider coming up he he.

17. alli

alli The Best Ever

yippie !

:nw: i have to say though tht all of the matches one-days en tests were amazing ...

it rarely u find 2 teams so perfectly matched up..well almost.

brilliant
    :)

18. jayanth

Best Cricket Series Ever....

19. alli

alli The Best Ever

:rock:

20. jayanth

:rock: :rock: India vs Pakistan Guitar Wars he he . Wont that be great?? Bilal Maqsood vs Dhruv Ganekar. He he

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.