India to host 2011 Cricket World Cup Final

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jul 8, 2006.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

India will host the final of the 2011 World Cup with the opening ceremony to be held in Bangladesh, a Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) official said on Saturday.

The International Cricket Council (ICC) has awarded the hosting rights to India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

Source:

2. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

hmmmmmmmmmmmm..........doesnt make a difference all the pitches in these countries are crap.

3. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

@walk_alone
    it will make a diff o indian team though dey are tigers in dere homeland!!!!!

4. morse_pankha

morse_pankha Banned

i need to ask my guard to tell the paperwalla to stop gettin me news papers.
    i can easily get garma-garam news in IGT.
    IGT zindabad.

5. walk_alone

Yea sure it wd make yet another diff to already swelling bank acounts of the BCCI and players who are over-rated and bunch of under achievers.I would have luvd to see WC being hosted by a country like Zimbabwe,Holland or Kenya...they need it more than India or for that matter any other country.

6. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Cricket sucks so much these days....:)...I doubt if I will ever take cricket seriously again....only 10 countries in the world playing it...and we can't even get anywhere in that...bah...admit it...we suck at sports...

7. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

Soccer pwns Cricket big time

8. walk_alone

My frends,i guess some of u have "herd mentality".Initially even Soccer wasnt played by too many countries.Surprisingly India used to play(bare feet) and were asian champs at one time.
    It wdnt be fair to say that cricket sucks just 'coz few people dnt like it, a true sportsman likes all sports.

9. walk_alone

Though i love soccer and played on district level...wait till cricket WC comes....no sport can pwn other sport its just shift of interest.

10. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^^ur view.......i used to play cricket.....we had a match wer the state level coach was going to cm and see us play..........i tried to take a divingg catch and broke my hand......but the coach wudnt take me off...........ive hated playing cricket since den

11. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

dude thats a really silly reason for not liking cricket

@walkalone , agree with u .. its mostly a fad . ive got frnds who say they love F1 races just to kinda showoff ... that sucks

12. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

Nope...It's because Cricket gets the most coverage (and sponsors!) in India.
    It's like American football or the world series...hell, the only people playing there are Americans themselves..then why call it world series and call them champions ...Football is the truly global sport...What us Indians r good at is what is called "Koopmandook" in Sanskrit...or the toad in the well ...who thinks the well is the world and he is the king.

Only 10 countries play cricket (earlier it used to be 6 :))...and we still do not have a good ranking in that...Does Cricket suck owat!

13. Nik_six_stringz

Nik_six_stringz New Member

completely agree with u mate .

14. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

im stupid