India close downs Arab TV Channels

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by waleed (London), Aug 8, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

But if that is the case, then why ban the channel? Especially since noone seems to be watching it.

Banning a channel happens when there is an ideology conflict or a threat to security of a nation (as perceived by the ruling party in a democracy).
    However, even in that case people have a right (and an underlying duty too) to question why.

2. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

ya right . now move aside

3. Sanju, Nemo

Do not allow blind prejudice to cloud your Judgement.

Keeping on the subject the reason for the thread is the about Censorship.

Are you aware the Zionists, with the backing of certain US administrators are calling for Internet Censorship?

Do you realize that this is currently the biggest source of freedom of speach?
    which is precisely why they want to take this away from us.

Every one who is interested in hearing both sides of the story should have that right.

If you disagree with this then you are already controlled or you believe in totalitarianism.

As for Nassrallah - do a bit of research before shouting accusations.

A few years a go just hours before making a speach his 18 year old son was shot dead by the Israelis.
    Throughout his hour long speach he did not mention it except the final sentance.
    He said 'I today have felt the loss what all those of you who have lost and losing every day for the last 30 years'

4. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

It is not an arab channel. It is an English Islamic Indian channel .. Yet it is closed !?

Its a very informative channel and not a news channel.

The act is disappointing.

5. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Disappointing? Did u ever watch the channel yourself?
    We have many informative channels here anyway ;)

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

A little extra information never killed anyone but why take a chance, eh?

7. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

Forunately no1 died due to the channel shutdowns hehe.

Weren't any popular channels aite?

8. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

ok.
    shd we say politics has a role?

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

No one's died owing to the government's current stand on reservations either....yet.

Yet.

10. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

<3<3<3!!!!

11. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Of course I used to watch the channel often ..

I think it is clear that the Zionists are trying to block all mediums through which people could question their actions.

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmmm
    Ok about Zionist agenda.

But then there are many bans on western media in Arab countries.
    Infact even the internet is "censored" in most of the Arab countries.

Why aint we seeing any protest over that?
    (And remember, what am talking about has been there for ages)

Nope, dont take this as an argument or counter-argument.
    It is just a musing.

13. I think it is clear that the Zionists are trying to block all mediums through which people could question their actions.[/QUOTE]

Precisely The Israeli's barbaric actions in Lebanon have exposed their true nature and has been a PR disaster for them.

The entire world demanded they should stop their brutality immediately with the exception of US & UK (of course) but continue to kill innocent people and destroy the entire infrastructure of a nation.

They are also shooting reporters who are not imbedded with them because the do not want the truth getting out.

Everyone is intelligent enough to work out that War is not just won on the battle fields.
    It has to be won on the public opinion. That is why information or disinformation is so critical to the propaganda.

Any one who still believes that this is all because of 2 Israeli soldiers being kidnapped, is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Yet the MSM is continuously expects us to swallow this lie.

This was a preplanned exercise by Israel and US to draw in Iran and Syria so that they could reshape the Middle East.
    However things are not going to plan as Iran and Syria have not taken the bait and Hezbollah are actually giving them stiffer resistance than they expected.

14. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Waleed,
    Not an attempt to refute the fact that the Western mainstream media is trying to shut out dissent, but just to take up on alpha1's point, these countries are still miles ahead in terms of freedom of expression and action than any Islamic country in the world, with the possible exception of Turkey. Why do we never hear a peep of protest from you about censorship when it is practiced as an instrument of state policy as it is in all Islamic states, as opposed to a covert measure by vested interests?

15. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

^^exactly . good point

16. I totally agree. Yes, yes and yes again they are miles ahead for freedom of expression.

I may not have stated it specifically on IGT, but I detest the censorship which is prevalent in Islamic countries.

However when it comes to politics you may surprised to know the censorship in most Islamic countries is actually in favour of US.
    Otherwise there would be daily attacks on US interests (embassies, companies tourists etc.)in those countries.

Those who don’t usually get a visit from the CIA or have their Journalists killed, offices burnt down (accidentally on purpose) Ask AL Jezera.

17. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

I agree. Most MiddleEast states have governments propped up the US, so it is in their interest to censor stuff.
    Incidentally, I did some research. TRAI and DOT had changed downlinking policy for channels from India a month back and the Arab channels had not complied with the new policy, which is why they stopped coming. Nothing to do with censorship.

18. Thanks for your research abs.

Hope you are correct.

I hear Al Jazera are broadcasting an English Channel soon.

The US threathend them not to, years ago. But I guess they found thier balls at last.
    Personally I can't wait to hear thier side of the story after years of one sided western media.

19. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e &lt;3V/S&lt;3 50 CeNt$

i av two isreali frens who studied with me in my school they left india as ther country called bck all the jews and r in army now in israel

they lost ther 3 brother father and mother in one sucide attack late bck

so u av stories on both sides

am proud of my frens they r fightin for ther country nothin gets bettr thn tht
    if ur attacked u fight bck

hizboullah shudnt had captured thr soldiers in first place

morons forgot tht they cnt fight with bunch of rockets