In your opinion...

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Liquid, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Liquid

Liquid New Member

ive learned open chords....i can read sheet music...and play it...and am currently practicing barre chords..

what should i learn next....

im moving and i no longer have a guitar teacher....so in ur opinion...what should i practice now?..

thanks for ur help

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Try learning Scales.. YOu can start soloing with them..

3. Liquid

Liquid New Member

hmm...can u be more specific....

i already learned the C scale by myself...

can u plz tell me which scales i should particularly practice...

thanks...

4. jayanth

Depends on the type of music you like.. Tell me some of your influences i will suggest accordingly ;)

5. Liquid

Liquid New Member

cool..well i only lissen to desi music...mostly pakistani...but some indian also....dont lissen to any english music...

type of music...hmm...just about anything...

6. jayanth

Acha you will need t olearn the C major scale, c minor scale , G major scale and the G pentatonic.. That would be enough..

7. Liquid

Liquid New Member

that would be enough for what?...

8. Liquid

Liquid New Member

where can i find these scales?....does anyone have them?

9. jayanth

I dont for sure cause i'm totally not into scales.. Anyways those scales are enough to play stuff like Dum, And Sandeep Chowta Songs.. He uses these scales..

10. newbie79

newbie79 New Member

What would the doctor suggest for someone who likes Pink Floyd, dire Straits, louis armstrong, doors, eagles, little bit of hindi once in while...

Regards

11. jayanth

C Scale and all Pentatonic scales.. Also When you want to play floyd You cannot learn any particular scale.. Numb and Coming back to life are on different scales.

12. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

A strong finger movement in both hands... practice your scales very well to play solos. To play Mark Knopfler (sultans of swing, lady writer etc...), your finger picking should be very good. To play David Gilmour, your hammer on/pull offs/bends/legatos/alternative picking should be very good.

All major and minor scales and pentatonic scales are a must.. Practice the above techniques using these scales.

13. jayanth

YOu should also use a lot of delay effects..

14. esgallindeion

Yeah... delay is a must for Pink Floyd. You do not really need distortion but i would still recommend an effects processor with a wide range of effects as you might need them later.

15. jayanth

YOu can use a lot of flange especially for "Have a cigar" and Bright Delay for Wish and Normal Analog dely for Coming back..

16. newbie79

newbie79 New Member

Well, actually I am an unplugged kinda guy. No wires. Only strings.

17. jayanth

Oh.. Then you can still p[lay lots of Dire Straits.. They are GREAT.. Try Eagles also..

18. esgallindeion

Especially eagles... coldplay, travis, oasis etc... They are all great bands for acoustic playing.

19. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

n if u like heavy...check out Opeth's latest album....its totally on acoustic guitars n Death Metal!

20. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

all major and minor pentatonic, mixolydian, phyrigian, blues and augmented scales suffice......theres a lots of them to learn...but most of modern rock is on blues...in some way..and bits on mixolydian