Improvising on a nylon string...part 3

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by bjr, Feb 19, 2006.

1. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

well played bud .. as far as li'l things are concerned like improper notes, wrong timings .. yeah .. they are present .. but dats a part of practise as u said u were practisin .. It jz gets better n better..takes time to get it smooth al da way.. I liked da part on 00:47 where u stop n lift da song ;) also liked da way u END it! these 2 were da high points acc to me ..
    Regarding changin of chords .. i think u did fine.. no hitches there ..

TIPS:
    1.while ur playin da solo .. if there is a a big distance to be travelled on da fretboard concentrate on da fret are where u're gonna go next.. not where ur playin..
    2. Always practise Wid da rhythm .. this helps a lot !!!!!
    3. Its more preferable to play wid da beats - softwares like Band in a box Add drum beats along wid da chords entered .. n u totally GET it!! (timing)
    4. Try tapping ur foot acc to da beat :p: .. i know it sounds strange but it helps.
    5. Practise Practise n practise :)

Phew .. hope it helps bud ?

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yeah, the rythm was totally drowning out the solo....I actually did increase the volume of the 2nd track before posting which sorta tells me that my attack is too soft. Perhaps it's the lack of confidence showing?

I understand what you're saying about the contrast between the two....I personally thought that it was sounding pretty cool but then again, I'm probably biased because it's me playing :)

Thank you for your time and honest critique. I appreciate it.

1) I know. That's what I try to do all the time but the problem in fast changes is by the time I start thinking ahead, the next chord is already there. :'(

2) Yes, I do that and I agree. It helps a lot.

3) Can you tell me about any free software of this sort which I can download? I sometimes use a metronome but not always...which I should.

4) Haha, I've been trying to get out of it. I was watching a video of me playing a while ago and I was tapping my foot on stage and it was looking weird as heck.

5) fo' sho'

Certainly. Thank you.

3. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

that shit was badass yo ! great job !!! It was off at sometime in the middle... but nonetheless, a kickass piece of work... keep it up

PS - Mez a beginner... can't really give you any advice..

Edit: You've got the tabs for this ? I'd be cool if you can provide it...

4. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^^^Y do u need to be cool man .. u've got such a COOl avatar :p: .. i've always wanted to comment on ur avatar .. got a good chance :p: .. jz check dat thing shake his booty! :RollLol:

DJCrunkMix likes this.
  5. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

lol :) ... thanks ! I stumbled upon this avatar on some forum and I fell in love with it :slap: on the first sight :)

6. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

lol lol.. same here dude!! :Laughing:

and the worst part is..

for quite a while i wasnt visible in d video..
    the focus was on the vocalist and only a part of me was visible.. guess which part ?? only my left foot!!.. and it went tap tap tap tap tap... :shock:

was lookin scary!! try 2 visualize!! :dance: