Improvisation on a nylon string v.4

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by bjr, Mar 17, 2006.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hah, your overzealousness has me in tears...but thanks a lot man :)

I'm basically playing a G major scale over the chords:

G D C for 2 bars
    Am Em C for 2 bars

repeated for 3 full cycles.

You play like that by listening to pop music, doing fewer covers, learning a tiny bit of music theory and experimenting. It's really not very difficult.

As I listen to this song again and again, I can't help getting the feeling that it sounds faaaar too sweet and sugary. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

2. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

wat music theory do i really absolutely need to lern - cuz im lazy - not too good wid theory and a slow lerner -so i wuz hopin that u'd pick up a stick and point it in the - hey not there those are my eyes - Ahhh.... ;)

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hmm...that was pretty nice stuff.....since I havnt heard many of your recordings and I do not know how long have you been playing and what kind of coaching you are undergoing (like theory and stuff), I expected a little lamer attempt...but this one has actually turned out to be fantastic.

reps if I can.

4. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

hey - i tried all those chords u sed - tried to play along wid ur shit...but :cry2: i cant play anything close...uuuuuuwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyynnnn
    define G major scale...???