Improvisation on a nylon string v.4

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by bjr, Mar 17, 2006.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

This one is purely for listening pleasure....not really practice. Any feedback given is welcome anyway.

This came as I was trying to write an article on a beginners guide to improvisation....is very simple, very easy to play and pretty cool to listen to.

It's been inspired from a reasonably popular song. I'd appreciate all your opinions.

Code:
    https://www.geocities.com/robotpajamas/improv5.mp3

the_wizard, rizaaj and anshphenomenon like this.
  2. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

OK Since this one is "This one is purely for listening pleasure", NC.

But I do see (hear actually) influences of Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan etc.

3. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

yeah you are rite this one is purely listening pleasure. fantastic sweet tone. nice improvisations. bye the way, where is that beginners guide to improvisation?? THAT WUD BE USEFUL.

4. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

I love nylon strings.. JIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :grin:

I am in love .... :) And, my love 's nylon string......

bjr.. There are more than one reason why I like u.. And, first and foremost is ... ~~~ U play NYLON string ~~~

Sorry got to spread REPs before I can rep u..

nIK!:rock:

5. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

<3 i loved it perfect way to start off my day

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

let me explain....when I post my recordings (the improvisation series) it's usually just practice sessions where I'm trying to implement a new trick I've learnt or some different technique. Here, it's nothing groundbreaking for me....just some stuff I'm already comfortably with. And feel free to tell me what you think about it.

!This one is purely for listening pleasure....not really practice. Any feedback given is welcome anyway.

This came as I was trying to write an article on a beginners guide to improvisation....is very simple, very easy to play and pretty cool to listen to.

It's been inspired from a reasonably popular song. I'd appreciate all your opinions.

@sayan: It's still on my hard disk...still writing it. It's a difficult thing to try and explain without being face to face but am still trying. :(

@nik: I'm not sure whether to be pleased or not about being liked for my nylon string :p:

7. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

Wonderful!!!
    great stuff again!!

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I totally missed this when I posted again....thank you :)

Now do you believe me when I say I'm emo...?

@ansh: Thanks a lot. Sorry I can't listen to your song just yet....bandwidth crisis again :'(

9. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^^no probs buddy!!;)
    but do give it a listen..;)

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

To bump and a side note....can anybody actually figure out the song which was the inspiration behind this?

11. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Call me crazy but it sounds a LOT like 'Be A Man' by Aqua...you know the part that goes 'for once in your life...be a man' (then that pretty riff) :p:

lol good band Aqua. :)

12. zing

zing Machine Head

gr8 stuff bro
    inspired by tears in heaven i think ?

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I can see that this thread is going to go like all the others so I'll give you the inspiration.

I tried downloading the song off soulseek but couldn't find it....but that wasn't the inspiration. Interestingly enough, I've learnt a lot from Aqua musically. They actually have some cool techniques going under those beats. :dance:

nah, not really. The inspiration was a Quiet Riot song called "Come on, feel the noise"....pretty popular. I thought I'd clarify that it was the inspiration before someone accused me of copying of Enrique Iglesias' "Don't turn off the light"....I later realized that the initial chords were the same.

I'd appreciate more replies.

14. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Nice mellow music .. yeah it was pleasin for da ears :)

n wat do u mean by this ?

15. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

man...man....man......if u told me that you were emo i would by that hook line and sinker....:shock: amazing....my kinda stuff.....( no this is not "circle jerk" ;) )
    dude....my guide to improvisation (better dedicate that to me:mad: ...or else )...am still waiting for that..</3 :'( and i want to rep you on that...so no reps for this one...

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

pfft, the only thing I've worked on these last 2 days is my sarcasm.

Thanks a lot for the compliment (your kinda stuff)

thanks a lot, yaar. Let the other comment slide. It's not worth it.

fat_kax likes this.
  17. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Nice take, i really liked it.
    Its got nice feel, them nylons give a nice surreal feel to the take. I personally thought you were holding back on the improvisation.I think you hit a wrong note at around the 1 minute mark( i may be wrong here). Lol, i though it was inspired by Tears in Heaven( at least the starting 10 secs). On the whole very nice.

18. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

ok - this thred keeps on poppin up - and i just cudnt ignore it anymuch longer - so lesseee - im dloadin it,,,24%....25%....28%....35%....42%.....50%...(say - this is pretty fast...)..56%....64%.....71%......76%......83%....90%.....96%....hey waddya know its complete....

:shock: ​
    dude - its lovely - ur an uber guitarist...WOW!!! ur amazin -- is that only one guitar??? luvli...*sniff*
    mellow music driftin of to sleep rep########
    man - i had no idea aneone on IGT can play so well - wow!!!
    *spellbound*

19. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

[size=+2]hey - the chords - tabs watever??? like - how do i play like that
    :cry2:
    U ​
    :cry2:​
    KICK​
    ASS​
    [/size]

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Thanks man. Yeah, it was a conscious effort to slow down so I could actually think while playing and get better melodies. Around the one minute mark, I go high down and my intonation is slightly off so that kinda makes it sound off. It's the same note from the original melody played one octave higher actually.

If the first 10 seconds was inspired from anything, you could say from GnR's Knocking on heavens door since it was the exact lick that they start the first solo with...I realized it later but it sounded pretty nice so I didn't do a retake.