Importing an Ibanez from Indonesia

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by turbo, Sep 23, 2009.

1. turbo

turbo New Member

Hey people.. I've zeroed in on which guitar I've to buy, so you guys dont need to help me on that.. Its an Ibanez RGR-321-EX. I have a relative who lives in Indonesia who can get it for me here. Since I heard that Ibanez has a manufacturing facility in Indonesia, I would like to know whether its a feasible option to get it from there itself? (In terms of quality, price difference etc.) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

quality would pretty much be the same....the price difference being quite substantial in favour of Indonesia..........

3. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

absolutely its the price tag in indonesia thats considerable other than that i guess even the ibanez in india are frm indonesia!!.......so you just created an account...just to ask this single question.eh?

4. turbo

turbo New Member

Thanks guys.. Then I think I'll be getting it from Indonesia itself. Will post pictures of it as soon as I get it.

@metalmickey - No.. It would seem that way, but no. I've been a regular reader of IGT till now. Have been too lazy to sign up/post. But now that has changed.

And by the way, are there any precautions to be taken in transit from Indonesia. As in, the flight procedures/other details. Coz my uncle over there pretty much doesnt know anything about guitars, except that they produce horrible metal sounds!!

Thanks!

5. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

is he bringin it here himself or gonna just ship em?.

6. turbo

turbo New Member

He's going to bring it himself, personally.. He's not shipping it. So what would be the list of do's and dont's to follow??

7. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

no big list man....just ask him to pack it neat,bubble wrap,good foam inside the box,etc...pack em neat as you cant expect the cargo ppl to handle em they way you'd!!........

8. needless

needless New Member

what kind of price diffrence is there between India and Indonesia ?