Immigrant Song - Live Recording With My Band

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by ronnieanand, Nov 22, 2006.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

radicalz_adi likes this.
  2. ronnieanand

3. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Dear Lord, please clean up the riff; it sounds like you were trying to play at a higher speed than you were comfortable with....the solo was passable but what was with all the whammy abuse in the latter part?

4. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

it was a bit fast dude. ok stuff mate. could have done better with proper tempo.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Dude, I told you even while the jam practice, that singer is not doing justice to Plant's style.

Improv sounds cool to me. Somewhat Hendrixy. less of Page.

Oh the tone is also wonderful. AMT Fatal T00b or was it BD-2 + TS-9?

Hey the guitar riff, sounds different. (?)

6. ronnieanand

I changed the groove of the guitar riff...The original has a small pause between each riff...I am not giving the pause...Not giving the pause will take away the groove but will add a lot more growl...People here dont seem to be liking that...Plus it's supposed to be played a real low gain...I have my gain at full. With Gain full and not giving that pause is the main culprit. Even my bandmembers didn't like this idea of mine but I just wanted to experiment it...I was planning to scoop the mids and palm mute the whole riff. People would have killed me if I tried that :)

There's no whammy bar used in this. I use a Tulsi LP copy, so no whammy bar or whammy pedal. And the solo is not a regular solo with some phrasing here and there. All I am trying to do is to create wierd noises. More noise, the better it is types. That's why it's full of feedbacks and other noises..

Thanks for feedbacks...I will make sure that the tempo is slowed down a bit and maybe I should start putting that pause which will make it sound more close to the original...

@Alpha.....It's Fatal Tube for the Rhythm...Fatal Tube + Tube Screamer for first half of the solo, Fatal Tube + Tube Screamer + Maxon Chorus for the second part of the solo, Fatal Tube + Tube Screamer + Maxon Chorus + Thomas Organ Wah for those Wah parts....Yeah...Delay is one all the time..But for the solo, I increase the Delay time, Delay Level and Delay Repeats...I am adjusting the chorus width and Chorus time also while I am soloing...

7. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

i`m sorry but i havent heard this song before....but this certainly makes me want not to hear the original....and ur solo part was a big put off - needs so much of refinement in ur skills - guitaring is not just abt an effects processor dude! Its abt ur skills!

8. ronnieanand

In this song, all I wanted to do is to create noise....Thanks for your feedbacks...Will work on my skills....

9. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Bechara vocalist. His voice must have totally gone after that. For noise, the solo is quite good...hehe.....haven't u overdone the solo??

10. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

gud effort live performance pple its gud as a live one its no studio recording...reps

11. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

I actually think that tarzan kinda melody that the vocalist does is cheesy!!!! to add to that the melody is actually ripped from one of Bhoomi's(bangalore band) own compositions. So in my view that just has to go.

About the solo, ok its just WAY too long and noisy but what the hell i think only Anand has the balls to play a solo like that 'live'. I mean we've gotta give it to him, the guy is improvising on stage, i mean it aint a great improvisation but this is the very essence of a stage act. 9 on 10 for the effort(solo) and 4 on 10 for the song as a whole.

12. ronnieanand

I think the whole point got missed out..What kind of melody do you expect if the gain is turned all the way up, all the effects are kept high and also tweaked and guitar is held against the speaker for insane feedbacks and banged. The solo is actually having 1 Distortion, 1 Overdrive, Heavy Chorus, Long Delay and Wah on..Just the wrong audience here...You should have listened to stuffs like Wild Thing - Hendrix, Star Spangled Banner - Hendrix or some Pete Townsend. For the regular listener who expects the 4 bar solo either with melody or technique, this is not meant to be one...Infact I am thinking of getting a Ring Modulator and Digitech Whammy to create even more Mayhem....Like each solo has a theme, this theme is Mayhem.

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Dude, Robert Plant (dunno if you know him) does the similar thing in the original song.
    Its only that the vocalist here was not able to sustain those high screaming notes forever.

Genuisoid: the original song is pretty much like this. Infact the origianl song doesn't even have a solo. Ronnie has put in a solo similar to what Jimmy Page does in the song "A Whole lotta love"
    The only thing changed by Ron is the riff. The actual riff has more stacatto feel to it.

14. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I totally get what you are saying..I just watched Monterey Pop Festival, and Woodstock vids recently:)
    Was this the last song in the set?If you had some extra copy guitars you could have smashed them to complete the effect:p:
    I found the constant pick-scrape noise a little annoying..maybe a little reduction in gain or rolling back the volume knob(since you dont have a tone control) could remove it?Still, kudos to you for doing the song your way..there should be a little more method to the madness ie some more polish required for the 'crazy' parts, so that it sounds on-the-edge but doesn't go overboard.
    I'll stop my rambling now.

15. ronnieanand

At last....there's somebody here :D ...........Yeah this was the last song in the set list....Breaking the guitar or setting fire to the guitar would have been just perfect...But I am not rich :(......

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ramble on ......
    And nows the time, the time is now
    To sing my song.