Immediate Help Needed

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Harsh Kumar, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

I.ve just got thru my boards and my parents want me to have a guitar + processor all in Rs.20000-22000.

:think: :think: Should i emphasize on the guitar more or the processor.:think:

My parents are in a good mood so i want to buy the guitar really fast. like tomorrow.

i've done a lot of thinking and research on both the things

I also believe that a good processor can make an OK guitar sound pretty cool.
    am i right or am i completely wrong.

Also suggest whether to get the stuff from Bharat Music House Lajput Nagar, or from Bhargavas Darya Ganj.

Suggest some sound editting softwares also.

Fast info neede plz:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

I'll be greatful for advice till 2nd April before 8AM.:nw: :nw:

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

you have to work an amp somewhere in there

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

correct, processors will make more diff to your sound.
    Guitar will make more diff to your technique.

But more than the processor, it is amp which makes most diff to the tone.

4. Harsh Kumar

I have a good hand so do you think i'll have a better experience with a better processor.

I already have a custom made amp so thats out of the question

5. Harsh Kumar

And Where shld i get the guitar from Bhargavas or from BMH

6. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

lawl..just lawl!!! :Laughing:

7. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

Man, this post is really somethin...still, i am always sport for a better guitar...., acc to me, if u've got an amp, then forget the fx and go for a gud ibanez or a krammer, ibanez from onstage(ljpt ngr 100 steps from bharat) or bhatia(khanna mrkt lodhi road),and krammer from bharat, recommended not to go for ARIA, bharat will try to sell u that...heard bhatia also has BC rich u can check them out too...get ur hand worked up a bit and get a gud fxts for once like gnx4 or axg300 or gt8 or podxt later, the list goes on...one more advice, chooce ur guitar wisely dont be in a hurry like uve shown till now...tell me one thing is tis with all Dipsites coz i know a few who are just like this..:beer:

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ NO it aint!

9. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Chuck the processor, buy a good guitar and an amp. A processor is never as important as an amp. Buy a Fender or a Roland 15W amp. That should do it. For a guitar get a Washburn or an Aria. Thats should be good for now.

10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

u might wanna consider a marshall mebbe...all said and done......i still love marshalls, never will understand marshall bashers .....*sigh*
    agree with dennis..............chuck the processor..half the fx are usually redundant anyways....

11. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Buy the Bajaao S Series online..very VFM (8 k types) and equivalent to all the 15-16 k guitars Bharat will sell you...I've played a couple of their Washburns and an Ibanez S-Series (which is basically what the Bajaao thing is as well) sounds and play nicer. On Stage opened after I left Delhi so no clue.
    Processor+amp depends entirely on what you play I think. The Behringer V-Amp 2 is a very underrated processor and very cheap too. Bharat stocks it..or did a year back.

12. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

i found the marshall overdrive on the 15w lacking as compared to the phender. But : to each his own.

13. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Dude go for a good guitar. Trust me, a proccessor can wait, infact if you need to spend all the 20,000 on the guitar do it. True the proccesor will help you shape tone, and give you effects in one box, but ultimatly your tone is coming form your guitar ( and ofcourse your fingers). The proccesor is going to shape "that tone". If your guitar does not sound good, no mater what effects you use, your tone wont be that great.

14. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

a good processor will give u greater flexibility and i believe its more important than a guitar in terms of shaping the tone .. just my opinion .. my friends old givson diamond sounds much better thru my processor ..

15. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

True a good processor will give you great flexiblity, the same goes for pickups ext.But Its your guitar which is the most important in my opionin. a procesor wil only shape the tone of the signal sent from your guitar. Some of the greates guiatrist use '0' effects. yes I nkow the true tone is in your fingers, but it also matters which guitar you use. Also you will never regret putiing money into a good guitar.

16. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

First off just decide what you're really looking from your guitar playing. If you're really serious then go for a good electric and if absolutely neccessary a decent pedal. If you're looking to just have some fun or if guitar is'nt the main thing for you go for some mid priced guitar as well as a decent processor.

Tone wise the major part of the tone is in the guitar and amp. Digital processors seem to destroy any natural tone your guitar might have so you might want to steer clear if thats what you really want. There're are'nt any good amps around that are for the right price and not too many good amps above 40w. The main market here is practice amps so the best one would be the Roland Cube. My advice - get a good guitar for 12k-15k or get a custom made and spend the rest on the Cube. This will be good for atleast 6months to a year. Then you might want to save up on a really good processor or a good amp.

17. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

WELL SAID DUDE WELL SAID... This is exactly what I am trying to say. I have a zoom 606 II . Ok it's adecent processor, but nothing Great.My pain guitar has a Seymour duncan JB Trembucker, and the guitar sounds KIller with just that single Pickup, no matter if I use the guitar clean with "0" effect or through the zoom or through a classic rock set up of Distortion-chorous- delay.

Honestly what music do you play? You would be very surprised to know that you are under using the processor, if you are not going to be usinfg all the effects it has. ( I feel the same). I honestly use the Processor only for bedrom practise or if I dont have enough time to set up an effects chain, and the processor is used only for back up.
    I would really stresson a good guiat and amp

18. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I agree if you're using a Digital processor the only thing that can help it along is a good pickup. I have a 505II, Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Ds-1, Gibtone Volume pedal. I generally send the guitar to the ds1 to Bad Monkey to Zoom (with the drive totally off and using only the effects,reverb,and some compression if needed and some eq if i want). This is in my opinion the best way to use a digital pedal. They're really good at effects so let them do just that and let analog pedals give the drive and tone.

I play mainly Blues,Classic rock and Hard Rock some metal (rare). Just instrumental stuff.

19. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Get a good guitar with good pickups. It will sound good in any decent amp. Moreover a good guitar is good in a lot of ways which you will realize later.