I'm Bored at work.....ask me anything!!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vivo_b, Sep 2, 2005.

1. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

^^^ true,... but i aint gettin any answer fir the Ques i asked.

2. shak

shak Harrr!

naa that is the answer .. i mean the guy C got the message across to guy A .. thats what u wanted right? or did you asked the question wrong? rephrase it if i have misunderstood that

3. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

yessss, physics my favourite subject.What were u disscussing abt, tell me, i'll clear it!!!!:cool:

4. shak

shak Harrr!

allright lets see then

.the thing is momentum has to be conserved right? .. momentum is mass times velocity right .... so if i jump with certain velocity ... i gain some momentum .. now according to the law there should be equal adn opposite momentum as well ..
    now i am not talking about comin back and hitting earth .. but only bu virtue of my momentum shoudnt earth gain equal momentum in the opposite direction? .. i know the mass large and blah blah .. but earth SHOULD move a tiny fraction .. away from me ..and when i fall back to earth ..it should move back to its original position ..due to same fact . conservation of momentum .. what do you say?

5. Kobain

Kobain New Member

Einstien's theory of relativity...what say?

6. shak

shak Harrr!

everything is relative ... including time, < this is the summary of it (in other words .. everything has its own time .. depending on its position in space)
    but the theory of relativity is a VAST topic .. there are so many interpretations that you cant even think about ..
    and you also need some background knowledge to understand it ...

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

help!

i am feeeling stifled here ...

*wheezing*

stop all this

8. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

HOOOLLLYYYY SMMOOKKKEEE......I was doing homework and working on a project last night..........withing one night this forums gone outta control man.....thats awesome....lemme gather my thoughts and start replying to what I can!!!!!

9. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

Ok soul and body......I think the soul and body interactions occur at a very intimate level. Plus I do not expect the soul to have any mass as the urban legends state that ghosts kinda just hover around. Taking this as fact(assumption 1) we can come to a conclusion that no, acceleration alone will not be enough to seperate body and soul. Just like acceleration alone is not enough to break atoms into say(electron, neutron, protons or even quarks).

10. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

About jumping on the earth. Analogy: if you hit a big boulder. it doesnt move anywhere. It dissipates that energy as sound, change in entropy etcs. Similarly when you jump on the earth, we can expect it to dissipate this as some form of vibration. Also your negligible weight is the biggest argument against this.......simply the fact that your mass is infinitesimal compared to that of the earth leads to a conclusion that the earth(if at all) will move an infinitesimal distance away from its orbit. This number would be so small that it would be physically impossible to measure(Heizenberg sp???)

11. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

Blind, Dumb, Deaf guy: Taking two meanings of the word dumb

Dumb - Academically Challenged - Well he can still talk so if he must tell the blind man(who can listen) he'll simply say it out.
    Dumb - Lacking the ability to speak - hmm....interesting. Cant figure out anything....maybe he'll play "woh chali woh chali" or something....will think of this one.

12. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

Relativity: Lets see I remember an anecdote about einstein. Dont know how true it is.

Einstein was at a party, and being famous all the ladies wanted to talk to him. He is in the middle of a conversation with a gorgeous, young, model-quality lady, but gets pulled away by his friend to be introduced to a not-so-attractive older lady. She asks "What is this relativity all about?" He replies "Well relativity is the fact that spending just an hour with that 'model-quality-girl' feels like a minute.....but standing here talking to you for just a minute feels like an hour."

Some interesting relativity related phenomenon:
    1. If you travel at the speed of light, time stands still
    2. You can NEVER acheive 1.
    3. Light bends around huge masses like the sun.

13. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs &amp; Pasta

14. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

vivo is exactly right heisenberg's principle is only applicable for particles of atomic sizes, it is completely useless for bodies having large masses since the wavelength of such particles is negligible as compared to its position. This principle is again strongly backed up by the fact that electrons r not found in the nucleus of its respective atom.

And about Relativity, a small example which i'm going to give u will make u clear abt the fact that this subject is not to be taken lightly:
    Suppose that u r standing on the ground and a plane is flying overhead u at a very large height. Now try aligning urself apprx perpendicular to the surface of the plane, then try moving along with plane in the same directions. now u will feel that ur moving the same distance as that of the plane in the same amount of time on the ground.Now here ur motion is in relation to the motion of the plane.Does this mean that u and the plane r covering the same distance in the same amount of time?????:cool::think:

15. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

okay mr.vivo b .......im alwasy wondering abt this question ka answer!!

who were the first 3 people to register in igt other than neo dada??

16. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

WOW......good one r_d......here's what I researched.
    -IGT domain was registered on 2nd Feb 2003.

-Neo was the first to sign in.....but this only occured several months later on 7th Aug 2003. I guess the development time was that long.....but anyways great job neo.

-I know Neo's name, address and phone number!!!!! Dont ban me oh lord of the IGT....I wont tell

-C!PHER; FinalPhase; Lllibido; nuageOutlaw; ravikiran_kool; Redalert; Sanjay: these were the pioneering members of IGT.

-My guess is redalert and nuageoutlaw together with neo were the first three. Also I'll need neo to confirm this but my guess is neo and redalert are the same person......or friends atleast!!!!

This post by far is my greatest.......thank u r_d

rocking_devil likes this.
  17. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

wowowowowowowowow..........cool thanx man.....u rule!........reps for you!:rockon:

18. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

I just wanna see what neo's gotta say abt the prev post :cool: ......now here's a question for all. anyone know how I got that info??? If you guess right I will PM you.......you will not be told the answer in this forum due to the sensitive nature of the material I found!!!!!(Also the lord might taketh away!!!!!) :Worried:

AND NO ITS NOT GOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nw:

19. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

ok so you might have asked the mods or some banned mod!.......kuch tho hain.......i give in/up whats it??pm me plz!.......i dun want neo ka info!

20. shak

shak Harrr!

you still havent got my momentum problem .. i am sorry but i cant explain ti any further .. i had a word with other physics students .. and they all seem to agree to some extent .. oh well ..i'll leave it here
    and as far as the relativity is concerned here are some more interesting facts...
    )you can never achieve the speed of light ...
    )no matter at what speed you are travelling ..the speed of light for you will remain constant (for any frame of reference) in other words you can never catch light ..
    )in theory time will stop for you if you travel at speed of light..
    )now i dont remember correctly but i think .. the clock runs fster for people living at the sea level than the people living at hill tops (strength of gravity has effect on time) .. what i am not sure about is ..whether its this way or the other way round ..
    )