I'm Bored at work.....ask me anything!!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vivo_b, Sep 2, 2005.

1. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

sometimes i feel that when my wife (whenever she becomes) ... gets pregnant ...
    i might start respecting her more than loving ...

serious dudes ... somehow i am awed by all this ... esp all the troubles out up by females ...
    *sigh*

2. shak

shak Harrr!

if all the people in china .... jump at the same time ... no! lets say all the people in india+pak+china jump at the same time ...do you think the earth will move out of its orbit (rem the consevation of momentum ..if mass of people is moving in one direction th earth should move in the other direction to conserve the momentum)

3. shak

shak Harrr!

yah ..seriously ... i share your point of view as well ..
    women have to go through a lot! .... i mean not after marriage but as soon as their puberty starts they have to face a lot of stuff.
    i respect the women for all this ... *salute*
    and another thing .. isnt it unfair .. i mean man got the easier job and women has to suffer ... doesnt seem right does it?

4. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

This is very interesting.....and I can give you a simple explaination.......engineers point of veiw.

Weight of the earth = (approx) 5,972,000,000,000,000,000,000,000kg
    Weight of all people in Ind/China = 80kg(avg/person) * 2,000,000,000 = 160,000,000,000

percentage = 160/5,972,000,000,000,000 = negligible

Also think of this: When you jump inside a travelling train, you do land in the same spot as you jumped.....you do not move relative to the train......the reason being relative to the train your inertia is zero....ie you and the train both travel with the same inertia. The same holds for the earth.....if you jump on the earth you always land in the same spot.....hence inertia will not affect anything. You cannot push the car from inside!!!!

5. shak

shak Harrr!

yeah .... good explanation .. but if we can somehow make the mass big enuff.....OR the velocity large enuff (possible) ... i think we can push the earth .. or wil the inertia thing come in between again? .. hmm cuz i cant grasp this inertia concept .. i know what that is but i cant link it to the conservation of momentum ...

6. shak

shak Harrr!

another thing i have always being troubled by gravity .. i mean what is it?? its composition .. its nature...its origins .. al i know is that it has something to do with masss..... what exactly?
    any ideas?

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

*salute*
    *gun salute*
    *canon salute*

dude .. am developing an uncontrollable respect for females somehow ...
    u are very right ... right from the puberty ... correct ...

8. shak

shak Harrr!

and birth pains ... i have heard its worse then getting your balls hit with a baseball bat ... i can just imagine ...... *salute salute salute*

9. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

From a philosophical point of veiw we will never be able to bring the mass close to what will be required for a change in velocity of the earth. If you remember the simples conservation of momentum formula it is m1v1 = m2v2......so now think about the ratio of masses compared to the ratio of velocity.......not only is the earth mass huge but also its velocity is massive.....now think waht happens when u multiply the two.....we puny humans cannot compare.

But this is not exactly the right approach to this problem. just like you cannot push a car from the inside.....we cannot move the earth while standing/jumping/sitting on it.....its the same reason why our atmosphere is stable....we have gravity affecting us. If a comet were to hit us from outer space.....then yes we will lose orbit.

10. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

There's newtons gravity and relativistic gravity.....i dont know much about the latter.....for newton's its simply proportional to the masses involved and inversly to the distances between them......let me know in particular what u want.

11. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

gravitons ... interaction between gravitons :p: ...

man u know the answers to your question can onli come if the scientists are able to build particle acceleartors taht are million times more powerful than what exists now at CERN (Swissland) and US (forgot the name) ...

the exact mechanix have not been developed yet ... but it is said that if general theory of relativity (which deals with gravity - newtons theroy being very speicif limiting case) is mereged with quantum theory ... we might have an answer ...

12. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

Here's to all of you.... :beer:
    I'm almost done with work for today so must leave soon.....but if you have any further questions keep em posted and I'll get back to answering once I'm back online......I have a long weekend and friends coming down so will be drunk 85% of the time......enjoy

13. shak

shak Harrr!

got the answer to the first question ..... as long as we are ON the earth we cant effect it ...the force ahs to be EXTERNAL ... gotcha .. nicely explained

for the second bit ... i know the newtons laws and everything .. i know about the basic forces of physics as well ..the strong nuclear, elctro-weak, gravity etc ...but what i need to know is what is gravity? how is it produced .. where and how is it made

14. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

me too sleep ... :p:

but once again *salute to the female species*

15. shak

shak Harrr!

@vivo: have a nice time ...thnx alot
    @sss: oh yeah ... but then again ..what the hell are gravitons? how do they interact and why do they interact to produce gravity ... i guess the answer is in the million-time-big PA
    anywho .. i will wait till then

16. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

*salute to shahrukh also* :grin:

for his inquisitive nature and free spirit ...

as they say

17. shak

shak Harrr!

sorry am i keepin ya? ... go to sleep ma man ... see ya tomorrow sweetdreams
    and yeah thnx

18. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

What is gravity??? hmmm.....well sss's ans is all I got.....interactions btn gravitons......this kinda question is what the physicist worry abt man.....i'm not even a graduate!!!!

Thanx for the entertaining conversation!!!!

19. shak

shak Harrr!

Gravity is the force of attraction between massive particles due to their mass. Weight is determined by the mass of an object and its location in a gravitational field. While a great deal is known about the properties of gravity, the ultimate cause of the gravitational force remains an open question. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity

i think no one can answer my question.....

20. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

as isaid earlier ... onli when we get ultra high energy particle accelerators can something further be done on it ...