I'm a beginner - Suggest me some tunes to Practice !

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by rameshiit19, Feb 7, 2012.

1. rameshiit19

rameshiit19 New Member

Hi,
    I am a beginner & just started practising with Chromatic Scale & E - Phrigian Scale . What are the things I should follow while practising it ?

Also suggest some basic sounds which I can compose with these ... I am very eager to compose some tune from these !!

Thanks ,
    Ramesh Jothimani

2. Howlingwolf8

Howlingwolf8 New Member

Twinkle twinkle,happy birthday, jingle bells. Those were the first tunes i learnt. Then if you have sum notes practice the scales. You can move on to songs. These are availabe on internet or igt(most on igt):

dum maro dum.
    Oh oh jane jana
    thujhe dekha
    that sng from roja dats lyk choti si smitha

mario super bros(learn it 4m a youtube vid with a channel named'fuzzymonkey777')
    mission imposible
    give me sum sunshine.

Here are sum smal bits you can try urself.

Gud bad and the ugly theme
    mision imposible
    cars 2 theme
    indiana jones theme
    mario start music

p.s: i don remember the channel name exactly.try using a single 7 or if it doesnt work use double 7

3. wylder

wylder Member

Beginner and you start out with Modal Theory? What is this world coming to!!!

Anyways, E-Phrygian is awesome for flamenco style tunes. If you use a few accidentals you can infuse the Gypsy scale too into it. You can jam on this scale with the typical E-F-G-F chord progression. To add to the gypsy effect, I like to use open high E and B strings and use a rasgueado type strumming. Easy songs in particular you could try would be Korn's unplugged version of Blind.

Chromatic scale is something that I think is very atonal and sounds cool only if you use it in bits or use it at very high speeds. An example would be Flight of the Bumblebee by Rimsky-Korsakov.

4. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Join some good guitar class.......

5. rameshiit19

rameshiit19 New Member

Thanks a lot Howlingwolf8 :)

6. rameshiit19

rameshiit19 New Member

Thank you so much wylder :)

7. rameshiit19

rameshiit19 New Member

I 've already joined in Guitar class :) Just eager to compose some basic tunes !!

8. Howlingwolf8

Howlingwolf8 New Member

U r welcum ramesh.

9. vvkkumar06

vvkkumar06 New Member

10. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

if u have an electric guitar
    use the d phrygian scale as power chords

if an acoustic
    i cant help u

11. fena

fena New Member

whoa!! cowboy!! i think you're moving too fast, or am i just naive?? i'm no expert but i always thought that pentatonic scale should always come first :D if you're just starting out, don't try to get too technical.. that's what i always tell the others.. grab a few chords, try to figure out a few songs by yourself... i don't know..do something else i'd say... Music is art, not science dude :) anyway , each to his own! hope you get my point.

wylder likes this.
  12. wylder

wylder Member

+1 to that. Truly "sound" advice...

I feel the most important aspect of learning music (at least initially) is developing an ear for it. This essentially means being able to play what you hear in your head on your guitar. This is the essence of expressing yourself through your music.

Since most music that we listen to everyday are written in simple scales, it is best to get familiar with those first and then progress to more artistic and theoretical scale types.

13. vvkkumar06

vvkkumar06 New Member

there are many songs you can play with basic chords. listen does sounds well or not!!

14. mayur_7393

mayur_7393 New Member

Hello friends,

Visit my blog

"https://beguitarist.blogspot.in/"

This will help you to go ahead in your guitar learning journey whether you be at a beginner stage or intermediate or expert...

I am sure it will help you...

You can comment your questions tooo.....

I will answer it as soon as possible

15. rameshiit19

rameshiit19 New Member

Sure . Thanks a lot :)