IIT Sarang Reviews. Please post it here.

Discussion in 'Music Reviews, Albums, Biography etc' started by ronnieanand, Jan 31, 2006.

1. wolfblitz

wolfblitz New Member

saarang was a blast.
    unfortunately couldnt stay for led zepplica or parikrama,but i had the privilege of attending the led zepplica workshop which was totally awesome.

they are a brilliant band,every damn member,hard to say ones better than the other.
    my only regret being i couldnt hear them play moby dick or babe im gonna leave you!
    i seriously doubt ronnies claim that the guitarist played off key n stuff,cuz he was amazingly tight with his guitarwork at the workshop.
    the vox is brilliant,covering plant,dio and stevie wonder with ease!its gonna be a reeeeeeallly long time till indian rock vox can achieve his level of expertise!
    the drummer was totally awesome too and so was the bassist.very nice chaps,answering all our questions willinigly,most of which were extremely stupid.

my band participated in powerchord,i sincerely believe we should have placed atleast third[the iitm band sucked].we played two self comps and the smoke on the water improvisation.

decibels,the semi pro event was really good,with the majority of the bands being awesome.some however definitely seemed out of place among the the other semi PRO bands
    panetella was brilliant with their cover of come together and purple haze,foxy lady and self compositions.easy bluesy music.
    however my favs were wax from bangalore,whi played punk jazz doing a cover of cupids dead from extreme

overall a super experience

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey. I said he made a lot of mistakes. Missed out notes, went off key and things like that but he was mind blowing by all possible means. Stylistically he was pretty close to Jimmy Page and it was a feeling of watching Page himself. Dont mistake me here. The Fake Jimmy Page was an awesome dude. But you have to admit that the Fake John Bonham stole the show.

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

d00d, what were you doing in Chennai??
    what about Rendezvous?

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

abey Rendezvous is in September!!

Yeh Pulis wala panga to hamesha hota hai..i remember a few years back the same thing happened to MotherJane, and they were playing Ironman. The crowd went totally crazy.

IITM Saarang is gonna be cancelled :O: ..hahah Rendezvous rulz!!!

Btw...somebody post something on the Jethro Tull gig

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Oops though I was there.
    I missed it.

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

you missed JethroTull!!!!
    (what is this world coming to )

7. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Didn't you go there for the SOLE purpose of attending the show????

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Job is more important.

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hahahaha

touche

damn 1000 buks....wud have gone if Shakira was opening (pun intended) for them :p:

10. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Heresy!! How can you say such a thing?

jamhead likes this.
  11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

And the Oscar goes to.....

12. rickkky_rich

rickkky_rich Banned

Hey Dudes Forget Saarang Come To Nit Calicut.... We R Having "strings And Parikrama " Both ....

13. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

:RollLol::RollLol::RollLol::nw::nw::nw:

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

C'mon man!

:annoyed:

15. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I am not very familiar with Jethro Tull but I could identify some songs like Bourree, Mother Goose, Locomotive Breathe, Aqualung and also recognized a few songs whose names I dont remembers. Unfortunately Martin Barre was not there and there was other Blonde Dude on the guitar who did a reasonably good job with his Gibson Les Paul. The Sound System was crap but the guys played it so damn good that the poor sound system didn;t bother. Ian Anderson was on an improvisational spree and took the entire crowd mesmerised with his awesome performance on the flute with all his trademark dancing. The crowd was about 7000 or so but a very responsive crowd. This is the best concert I have seen till date. Inspite of them being old, they did a great job. Remember how Deep Purple sucks these days. These guys were pretty progressive playing a lot of odd time signatures and I had a nice time, counting to actually identify the time signatures. A lot of songs would remind you where Dream Theater got their biggest influence. There was one song in which the guitar solo was going on in 3/4 and then changed to 5/4 and then the song switched to 4/4. This was a lot of fun. If you get a chance to see them live again, dont miss it. If heavy distortion guitar, long guitar solos, drum solos, bass solos is your buzz word, then buy a few bottles of beer and have some fun with that ticket money. If you are buzzed by great music and on stage performance, then check them out. For those who bought the tickets, a complementary Aqualung Live CD is given. It's an awesome collection and I suggest you guys borrow this album from somebody and check it out.

I am going to the Uriah Heep concert today. Anybody coming :)

16. gi[lomu]rish

gi[lomu]rish New Member

what were the results at sarang????

who the bloody hell won saranf and who were in the top threee??