IIT = Indian Institute of Technology? NO!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by alpha1, Sep 6, 2006.

1. rohit

rohit New Member

no. so that they could increase the standards within indian companies.

i think IIT's are necessary .although most of the students are nerds and geeks but at IIT they get the required knowledge.and quality of IIT's are very good. but they should increase their number of seats and produce more engineer's.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ LOL.

especially @ increase the standards .....

Its money which attracts talent.

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Yup, if the 'Brain Drain' figures are going down, its only because of high paying MNCs setting shop in India and a heightened attraction to IIMs(which again is a stepping stone to greater riches)

@alpha..you still didnt tell me about the juju:annoyed:

4. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Erm, I dont want to pull anyone's legs here, but if its ranked third in the world, it should be on some website and i've failed to find any relaible ones. And secondly are you sure that its not illinois institute of technology?

And just in case this ranking is about science/engineering: Oxford is better than imperial?? Wtf??

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

I have absolutely no faith in any of these rankings and surveys, you have to actually be there to know whats going on.

6. shak

shak Harrr!

@shs: good point buddy .. and these rankings were of the engineering departments only .. i cant remember but they did had a reference in the bottom right corner ... it would probably be times or the daily tribune survey ..
    secondly you know these uni's they probably pay people to make a survey in their favour .. there are so many versions with so many bs ...

7. shak

shak Harrr!

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta