IIT, IIMs as Policy Makers!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Ankur_Scorpio, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

Read a few days ago, tht selected IIT and IIM students would be given intership opportunities in the planning division of government. So these guys would assist all the Babu logs..in policy making for matters related to country.

I think this is great step this govt has taken towards involvement of capable individuals into politics. According to me this will do wonders..atleast at the policy making stage.

However, implementation of ideas from these guys will still very much depend on how much the babus in charge agree... :eek::

Wht say guys? Can these nerds do it....cos convincing dumb politicians of gr8 ideas is a challenge in itself? not to mention the corruption and laziness...they would have to deal with...:think:

2. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

thats a good thing to do..
    better to have good educated,,and smart ppl at the top....

3. shantanukr

shantanukr yEh DiL mAanGe m0rE

Yes ... it will be really good for Country , if they (babus) really listen to these guys .. :)

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Oh no I cannot bear to see ppl of IIT or IIM getting corrupted and their advice n ideas falling on to deaf ears.

NO, this whole Idea is very bad.

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Havent read that piece of news anywhere..but mostly I can say that not many IITians would turn up at an internship involving hobnobbing with our notorious Babus...:p:

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

lol..internship :RollLol:

hahaha..internship was such a breeze

7. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

On the other hand, it will be such a fun.

And Ankur, stop calling em NERDs.
    :mad:

8. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

+1.........

9. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

ok buddy,

they r NOT nerds or geeks or bookworms! :p:

nah actually u r rite...three IITians came over to my university in Canada for intership and we had tons of fun...they surprised me by the non-nerd nature. One of them actually told me...tht..he used to be a nerd before entering IIT..but the experince changed him a lot. He was smoking, playing cricket, playing guitar..things i havent seen a lot of nerds do ;)

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Yeah, so you better stop calling em nerds or else!!!

11. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

I think its a good positive move. I would have loved to do this internship if this have got implemented in my time:)