IGT's Best guitarist and best singer?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by khuram82, Feb 17, 2006.

1. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

Afterall we all are here to learn this art+skill of music..........guitars and singing largely............n there are quite a lot of ppl here doing covers including me......... thought it would be exciting to know eachother's opinion about the members who are best guitarist and singers in IGT

for me:

itwasnoteasy - Best guitarist
    I dont know his name though, but his recordings are gr8........keeps things simple technically (as in sound effects) but really skilled guitarist........... the best thing i like about his guitaring is his strumming.......... n to be honest when i try to learn a new strummin pattern i listen to his recordings and try to make out something of it ............ all the best bro for ur future efforts :rock:

Guptas85 - Best Singer
    Not many recordings..........but i think he sings in the right feel and tries to sing within his limits........n mind u his skills aint limited ...........naturally he's gifted with a nice voice..........and above that he has gained the skills of reachin different scales beautifully!

It would be gr8 if both of them together come up with a cover or original

What do u reckon guys?

2. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

no IDs bout the best guitarist
    best vox wud probly be Crtyptic or Fatima:nw:

3. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I'd say dharmatma is the best guitarist. No joking or ranting. He was the best guitarist and the most useful person here IMO. (see Pizza Toppings)

4. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

^^ second to it...and voice in female its cryptu and male its notty for me..

5. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

bandbaaja is an awesome guitarist...

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Depends on genre, the BEST guitarist in this website, was, is and will be, Mamasteen, his technical brilliance is unsurpassed. A member that's no longer seen is Rajdeep, he was amazing as well. Next comes Jared(dharmatma) and Mr. Scary, both of 'em very very good as well. For hindi songs, it would be Aziz(Desipride143). Essi and jayanth were really good too. There's just too many man, Bandbaaja, jayswami, Ananth(Carnatic guitarist extraordinaire), i just cant think right now. Most of the above mentioned names are gone, but their legacy of brilliance lives on. I have yet to see people as good as them.

7. coolhemant

coolhemant New Member

i ask every body that wuld it b correct 2 judge keepin the fact in mind that we havent listened 2 everybdy on this site
    wotsay

8. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

i think knight_guitar is on his way to be listed here sometime...

9. Vishwa

Vishwa New Member

my favs..

bandbaaja.. shak.. notty_lad.. dharmatma..

10. Seelan

Seelan Soldier Of Fortune

For me , best vocal n guitar skills goes to ex member Jayswami . He rocks!

11. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

i havent heard any of his recordings bu this costom title read vocally challenged

12. vini

vini Repeat Offender

best female voice: Fatima
    best male singer: soul doubt's lead singer..forgot his name. i like hardik's voice as well..hmm who else? :think: notty_lad & anstrangelover also have a voice with potential

Guitarist: dharmatma,bandbaaja

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

This had the potential to be a mutual back-scratching thread but a lot of people are giving honest opinions so I'll give mine as well:

Jayswami is a pretty awesome musician overall....more than his guitaring, I like his over musicianship and think he's a notch above most people here.

Mamasteen is a really cool guitarist. Perhaps I'm not too fond of the style and often miss the beauty of some of what I hear.

Dharmatma in recent times seems to have improved a lot beyond what I remember...His style has me picturing an unpolished Gary Moore with some of his melodies which is why he makes my list. Melodically, I really liked his playing.

Voicewise...I don't anyone on IGT are tremendously gifted...at least from the recordings I've heard(which, I admit, are not a lot). I love Fatima's recordings but still she wouldn't make my list if not for the lack of people to nominate. Another person that way is anstrangelover.

14. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

everyone is sooo different
    one sings hindi the other english
    someone sings and plays rock others classical

HOW CAN U DECIDE???

15. paati

paati New Member

acousticdreamer is the best

16. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

17. shsnawada

18. d_ist_urb_ed

^Banned, like other good guitarists...........doesnt matter though, he's happy and he's doing shows in a metal band.

19. shsnawada

^ Which band?

20. d_ist_urb_ed

^A local seattle band, Waking Hour. They just did a show opening for Sonata Arctica i believe.