IGT web site restrictions and/or bugs

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by amit82cse, Jun 12, 2005.

1. amit82cse

amit82cse Silent observeR

Has any1 noticed the following...

1. You can not submit reply consist of less than 10 chars
    2. Maximun 10,000 chars are allowed in a post
    3. You can not post 2 times in less than 30 second span
    4. If you use "html wrap" in your post then that appears as section on your "Portal" but its a bug that it takes complete space but does not show any content.

Keep adding if you have encounterd some other or similar restrictions and/or bugs

2. amit82cse

5. zip file upload max size = 197.7 KB

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Amit@ Apart from the portal problem everything else is in place for a reason they are not bugs. We will look into the portal issue as soon as zoom is back from pune.

4. amit82cse

I know other are not bugs thats why have written restrictions and/or bugs:)
    BTW it would benifit all IGTians if atleast zip file max size can be increased little bit more.

Most of the people are not privileged with having their own website or having account on coolgoose to upload their work. We should atleast support uploading zip file containing 1 minute recording. It would be around 400 KB.

Its just a suggestion.

5. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Yes, i agree with you but we need to see if there is enough space on the server to accommodate such an increase in storage space.

6. amit82cse

Thanks for atleast consideration.

Couple of questions...

1. Do we archive closed thread?
    2. Does "search" search through closed thread as well?

7. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Yes for both.

8. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

1. Well.. its an obvious restriction... But still ppl type 2-3 chars.. and rest "....." to escape that limit...
    Just an dead attempt to stop small posts... which are generally used while SPAMMING...

2. Yes, 10,000 chars is the max limit.. I guess, nearly everything is postable in it..
    If you cant, then do PM us.. we wud increase the limit for your particular post.

3. True... 30seconds is the time span between your two posts...
    This balances the load of simultaneous incoming requests on our server, at any given point of time....

4. Use of HTML on Portal Section has been disabled for security reasons...
    So HTML Wrap wont be useful, as any text inside HTML tags wont be displayed...

5. Yup.., file size of all allowed file-extensions is limited to 197.7KB...
    More file-size limit, personal hosting type service, etc... is surely on our mind for IGT v2.

More queries/suggestions are always welcomed...

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

9. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

there are some old threads in the chit chat lounge which hav been closed and serve no purpose...y arent they deleted...

10. amit82cse

On my portal it says "New Posts = 54" and when i enter this link..it shows only 38 results. I have observe this quite a bit at different time spans. On portal page new post number is different then the new post result page.

Its definitely a bug.

11. amit82cse

IGT pages get cached too often. So if i have visited any page last week and access that page again after a week, it still show me the old pne untill i refresh it using the IE's refresh buttons.

Since IGT pages are not static, they should be marked as Content-Expire = Immediately.

This is really a pain-point. Everytime i access IGT using it gets the last cached page then i have to refresh it manually, that workd only for the current page. Inside links have to be refreshed separately. To get rid of this, i usually clear the IE cache but that lead to removal of other important static pages.

12. tejas_9889

tejas_9889 New Member

this happens a lot of times to me .... i use the newpost option ( the one beside the search option ) and my problem gets solved .. it is definately a bug

13. amit82cse

Well for me that also does n ot work...i have just refreshed my portal and it says 124 new posts, i clicked the menubar's NewPost link, got the page with only 47 posts, refreshed it again to re-fetch the page and still got the 47 results. Dont know whether i am missing the rest or they actually do not exist.