IGT Universal Band.....concept

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by vivo_b, Sep 1, 2005.

1. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

So I was reading a thread abt starting a band and realised that a lot of us dont come from the same city/country!!!! Anyways so I thought about and here's what I came up with......apparently it was tried before so dont hate the repost!!!!

1. Download Cakewalk or similar recording softwares(I'm sure ya'll know abt certain t0rr3nt sites).

2. Record a guitar piece.....like a solo lead or strumming.....acoustic/electric, effects/pure doesn't matter. Before playing your bit....play each string open so that everyone trying to modify your bit can get a feel for your tuning.....and the sound wont be too dissonant

3.Once you have recorded something upload it.

4. Ask for IGTians to add layers to the recorded bit. Like for example if I record me strumming A B C D......then someone can layer over my recording a suitable lead for the same.

5. :band:

Let me know if feasible!!!!

2. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

k gud idea .......... deekhte hain

3. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Sounds a bit complicated dude ...... but I think its worth giving a try ...... may be the pros here can discuss and find ways to make it more feasible ... anyway nice idea ....

4. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

good concept..
    lets se if it can be done..sounds good... :beer:

5. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

...What's the idea behind all these?...If you guys really interested in band..;)..then have a yahoo conference..and player together over the MIC..:)...*the aint possible though*:)

Pe@Ce 0uT!!:dj:

6. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

MAybe a band with a style like Sunn O

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Better than this will be an IGT JAM.

Decide on a chord progression and each one pick slots of 15 or 20 seconds to play a small solo. The important thing here would be to try and connect with the other people in terms of solo structures...it wouldn't do for one person to play sweep arpeggios with jazz structures in mind whereas another doing a pentatonic run whereas still another playing a bum note. So you'll have to plan it out prior to recording. I'd done this before on another site when I had a better soundcard(PM me for the results). Things to keep in mind:

a) pick a chord progression
    b) pick what you're going to play on and pick a certain style(genre)
    c) One person should be the soundmaster of sorts and everyone else should send their parts to him or her to mix.
    d)The soundmaster should reserve the right to reject any part which he feels does not fit(though this should be avoided)
    e) A jam is for fun, not for showing off. Let's keep it an activity and not a contest. I'd really like to hear what you people can come up with.

8. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

^^ good idea..

we shd have this kinda activity..

9. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

^^^ Am in,...

10. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

dont mind im skeptical abt it .. idea asks for too much coordination .. otherwise final product will be haphazard .
    lets see though .. no harm in giving a shot but proper planning is reqd

plus end mein agar kuchh achhha ban gaya to credits ka lafda ho jayega .. lol lord neo will take all that work and release his own album .. close this site and tell us to **** off basically :p:

11. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

nice idea.....sounds a bit complicated but we can giv it a try...will be a lot difficult if da ppl havnt met or spoken themselves....i suggest havin an IGT meet at diff parts of da country...lik one in mum, pune kolkata dilli etc...nd then jammin togethe....if it clicks we can record sm stuff..

12. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

A cool and complicated idea! As Nemo said it requires perfect coordination.

13. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

I like the idea!

14. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

rocking idea. come on lets do this.

15. vivo_b

vivo_b The Brave

I like the responses......now I must ask for some time to look for my copy of Cakewalk and to set up my sound card!!!! In the meantime anyone with a setup can go ahead and start putting up chord progressions.....get ready to :rock: