IGT members online meet.

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Dec 5, 2004.

1. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

i missed your playing mamasteen, but going by the reports looks like you rocked da house. good job.
    dudes, next time dont keep it on yahoo chat, keep it on AOL or something..

frikking yahoo doesnt fully support the mac platform so a mac user like me had to go thru a lot of trouble getting in (i bollowerd my friends xp lap top to get in)

Jay

2. mani_rawalpindi

mani_rawalpindi GUNS AND GUITARS

Yeah thumbs up for disturbed for such a hard work

just wondering disturbed i was online at 8 when u just closed if u asked me to moderate i would have done so

anyways all the credit to you and i wish u good luck for future just keep igt rocking like that

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

It was an great effort by Disturbed, he took the initiative of doing something for all of us and he should be commended for that. Things always don't go as planned, especially if its your first time.

It was pretty cool, mamasteen rocked the house!

4. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

it was great!!! people stop complaining....sharath(disturbed) did a hell of a job...and every1 else and i are very thankfull to him....and sharath...you don't have to apologize for anything man...u r the man....no need to apologize...cause the meeting was a blast...and u r a great leader.....the people who didn't make it on time...shove it....there were peak timings...u should have made on dat...if you didn't welll, live with it...and leave sharath...alone cause i know what he went through to make this a success......and yes, it was a success.....from i and every1 else...good job sharath...we all owe you one...thanx again.....u rock

5. R@hGuZaR

R@hGuZaR DRUMMER 2 THE GRAVE

i agree. disturbed was gr8 and we had a really gr8 time

6. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

@dharmatma, we're very sorry that you couldnt be there. We had the same issue with another member too, next time we'll try our best to do something about the macs.
    @jayswami, you missed a virtuoso playing dude. In his words, "i was just warming up". If that was his warming up, i dont know what he can actually do after he "warms up".
    @tejas, desipride143, lord_neo,mani_rawalpindi, R@HgUzAr, thank you for your support. I cant express in words how much i appreciate the fact.
    @mani_rawalpindi, i was disconnected from yahoo at the exact time bro, i must have missed you....
    All who made it to the meet, thank you very much. Everyone contributed to making the meet what it was yesterday. So much so that, even if one, yes, ONE among you wasnt present, it wouldnt have been the same. Everyone, EVERYONE, present did their bit, i'm very proud and happy to say. Although the meeting didnt turn exactly to my expectations, still for a first time, it was done very well(i'm bragging now). On a more serious note, since it was my first time, some erroneous planning occurred and errors managed to creep in. However, that's not an excuse, and if i do have the pleasure of organising a meet another time, i'll make sure that this time, it'll be great for EVERYONE!!! Thanks again.
    d_ist_urb_ed

7. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

@ Mamasteen :- Absolutely Rocked man...

8. jayanth

@ Everyone Else :- No one heard the IGT theme though.. YOu all know why..

9. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

sorry for posting my views this late ..... because of igt-meet i postponed my rest of work... and was busy doing it ....
    it was awesome.... no one has right to blame disturbed until they prove themselves better than him .....
    i really had great time ( except my microphone sucked all the time) .... got to know lotsa people .... got to listen lots of melodious music .....
    ananth was awesome with his classical types music .... and our desi was nonstop sweet jukebox :) .... and all others including J jayswami , somebody with k ( sorry i dont remember his IGt name) ... usman , mamasteen ...everybody did a great job ..... even reem sang a nice song ..... ( sorry if i m iss to mention somebody ...) .....
    only i regret for not attending second peak hour ... i missed to talk to lord neo, tejas etc... sorry i was so sleepy by then ......

only problem for me was remembering 2 id's per person ( may be 3... 3'rd being their real name ;) ) ...but that was not a big deal.... once you get into chatting ....
    may be next time i can write a small voice chat s/w where you can login with igt username and password .... :)
    and people were making fun of each other ( most of the time, myself being a victim ;) ) ...but that was fun ....because they didn't cross the limits ....

but overall it was nice experience .... and hey, most of the time people (whoever showed up) were glued to their systems ..... hint hint ( disturbed you dont need to worry about its success ... it was successful indeed ) ....

10. d_ist_urb_ed

@jayanth, we know why, why dont you do a recording and upload it? We'll be very grateful to you:)
    @madhura, you summed up the whole meeting in two paragraphs. We're sorry that we didnt get to listen to you play or sing. However, i heard your voice, and believe me you have a sweet voice. And yeah, we were kidding each other, harmless kidding though aunty:):p:

11. d_ist_urb_ed

And thanks madhura, you were up for the most part of meeting too, i'm sorry that i deprived you of your sleep. You were instrumental in making the text chat great for all the members:)

12. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

thats the CMU spirit aunty ji! ;)

Some technical points maybe for the next meet:
    1. Room must be hosted by someone with a dedicated broadband conenction
    that doesn't go off (can be administrated by someone else).
    2. In yahoo, to go to a room all u need to do is select "Go to chat user" and type in the uusername of the host (d_ist_urb_ed in this case) - u don't need to wait for invites. The room was private but not invitation only.
    3. Please uncheck the "hands free" button when you are not talking. Its quite irritating for the others when random noises come from nowhere. (also interrupts others playing if u have ur handsfree on).

All this will be much simpler if our CMU girl can come up with a nice chat client (that doesn't steal passwords, creditcard numbers and hearts)! One sad thing with yahoo is that only one person can be heard at a time, so no scope for online jamming (that may never work though due to internet delays)

13. jayanth

Sure will try..

14. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

@ jay , finally u made it , good ...

very nice to hear that most of your dudes rocked .

15. d_ist_urb_ed

@ananth, you rocked the house too man:) Thank you for your suggestions, i sure hope Aunty ji's reading:) I think i better post a tutorial on how to get around yahoo chat. Some of the queries were simply dumb by some of the users. And that handsfree thingy was a huge problem, it ruined something late in the day, oh well, i wont start that again. However the hit of the day was a Tanya Louta with the question, "wot is IGT?":)

16. madhura

what is igt by the way ? ;)

17. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

@madhura: Indian Guitar Tabs .... Tats IGT

REgards,
    Zooom...!!

18. madhura

that was supposed to be a joke ..... zoom

19. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

"wot is IGT?" hahaha...now thats funny!

20. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

@madhura: Well IGT is close to my heart, so I dont expect Jokes with its name! So just cleared the doubts, if anyone had!

REgards,
    Zooom...!!