IGT is no more a Home for Spammers

Discussion in 'IGT Official Announcements' started by Super-Admin, May 24, 2011.

1. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

One of the biggest problems IGT was facing was Spam registrations, especially the bots which auto register, just for some link backs to irrelevant sites!!

The new Human Verification Verification method in place will ensure this will be cut short to max now !

It's no more reCAPTCHA for verification. New users have to Answer a Question, which is thrown at them, and the answer can't be generic :).

This I'm sure will improve the quality of our board and we'll find folks who are more better suited to be here :)

At times, a few spammers might find their way in. We'll watch it closely, but some are smart enough to miss us at times. Please report such posts in any case. Punitive actions will be taken against those spammers.

Cheers :)

2. Exon

Exon New Member

Super-Admin likes this.
  3. Super-Admin

@Exon - Thank you for pointing out. As I told, there will be guys who'll always find their way through :).

Smart policing is what helps us. That thread is deleted now.

There is a simple report post, which also sends us a message when a post is reported as spam. That too helps us.

Cheers :)

4. Exon

Exon New Member

Haha I know, I was the one who reported it via the report post button :p but it was more fun posting it here :p ;), you seem to be a more fun guy than the previous admin, I may hang around here more often.

5. Super-Admin

@Exon :) Thanks .. Each individual is different, so is each admin :D

Sure, we'll be more than happy to have u here more often. I'd suggest, why don't u bookmark us as your homepage, so that you check what's happening every single day ;)

Cheers mate :)