IGT Contest Finale Discussion

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Sep 12, 2006.

1. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

look at indian idol..."Bharat ki janta" chooses them....thats the reason they always pick up some crappy singer...
    i think its a bad idea...let the judges decide...that would be fair...

2. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

3. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hmm..this may sound stupid ..but ..instead of we votin for who to get the ipod ..y dont we help in the elimination ??..i mean..our vote neednt be the final decision but it can definetely help the judges to eliminate who doesnt make the cut in the competition....

regardin the 200 post limit ....i dont think it has to be so over the top ..all the ppl with fake ids cant sit and post more than 50-60 msgs ..maybe keeping the limit at 100 would suffice

4. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

....bad idea :-|

5. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

ummm since its getting harder to decide whats goin on .. lets just think abt this .. Lord can pick people who he thinks are not related to the people who are selected in this contest and ask for there comments the more comments he gets it will be easir to decide .. there can't by any spamming cheating of any kind .. i guess Lord and Alpha and many others who are here for quit a while must know whos linked to whom ..

6. shak

shak Harrr!

how about .. i spin 100 votes for you and you put a 50% share in that ipod that you're getting?
    shake it dude!!!! ... thats ma man!!

see what im sayin?????
    not a good idea at all ..

7. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

True man .. but comon man .. i mean i can really tell who is better till now .. can't you? i mean the links are here the songs are right infront of us .. anyone can judge... so whats the point of cheating guyz .. or maybe its the iPOD people are caring about .. don't do that.
    here nothing better then a friend getting what he deserve or you getting for what u deserve and friends appreciating

8. rizz420

rizz420 WoRsT DrEaMs R MaDe Of Me

75 or 200 ??? ... then i cant vote ...

9. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

10. SG1

SG1 "Brown Jesus"

11. faiqrock

faiqrock XaiQ

^^^ i have a backing Track CD...and it is the right place :p:
    i cant Post the info of my Song in Bangali Forums:annoyed: :think:

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

What we'd initially decided was to narrow down the choices till we felt we couldn't really pick the better of the two (or three) final entries. It is then that we make a voting thread and that is where factors other than talent come into play. Even taking bias into account, a community as large as this one shall ensure that an entry which is superior in an obvious way(if so) will win....and if the contest is really close, I suppose we might have to look beyond talent the way most "talent contests" do. Being a judge, I found it hard enough to pick 20 entries because of the sheer lack of restrictions in the type of song you were supposed to submit....and especially overcoming my own bias.

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Should've been:
    ... a community as large and active as this one shall ensure that an entry which is superior in an obvious way(if so) will win ...

Since, only a minute percentage of community is active, presence of even 2-3 puppets/alter-egos can swing the results.

Though, by all means I am in for democracy. :beer:

14. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

15. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

This is some real crazy shit happening here!!! You want the users to vote????OMG

Anyways where do we post our final songs????

16. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

17. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I feel leavin it entirely for the public is a bad idea...personal bias rules here. A panel of judges is better cause they'll be impartial and fair and see talent rather than popularity. I'm pretty sure if public votes i'll lose :p:

Devilshly_Pur$ likes this.
  18. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

on what basis do u choose the selected member's to judge then?

19. sam_sealion

sam_sealion MeLoDiC ShReDDeR. . .

hey plz .. dont do this .. let the judges carry on judging..

20. vini

vini Repeat Offender

Hmm..this method would surely give way to biased voting!..whatever happened to Judges? :shock:
    +1