If u had 5000-6000 rs which ACOUSTIC guitar would u buy?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by atul_singh2001, May 28, 2005.

1. Hey guys this is a kind of survey to find out which is the best acoustic out there. Ok so heres the question once again ... "If u had 5000-6000 rs which ACOUSTIC guitar would u buy and WHY?"
    please take out time to reply coz it would be very helpful for many people ( including me ...lol) who keep asking this question again and again.
    Thanks

2. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

anything but a giveson!!

serious advice:
    buy a piece of s h i t but never buy a givson(my expirience says)

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

For 5-6 K there are two brands.....Gb&a and JD Brothers..both are Korean...u might get a few Granada models under 6K....

4. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

maybe a signature acoustic... dunno....

5. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Granada all the way yea but very few models under 6 k

6. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

u raise your budget to 10k I have a very barely used Ovation Applause AE28 in Burgundy Red (wine) colour with heavily padded orginal MARS gig bag (which if you know is worth $50 itself). Let me know. That's a firm price.

And, its Acoustic Electric with Volume and Tone Controls - comes with gig bag (as said above), 2 picks and 1 guitar lead cable to amp it up if you wish....might be a good deal...let me know! And yeah, its in Mumbai!

7. thank ppl...

actually i wanted to but a really good guitar ...ive been playing hobner export quality( dont know the model no....it has round body) ..it really sounds awsome...but i prefer F-cut coz its easier to play lead higher down the fret.
    obviously i didnt want to buy hobner again( though h-265 is very good guitar)...
    so after doing a kind of searh n survey at IGT im planning to buy GB&A guitar from DELHI.
    hey blackmamba thanks for ur reply...but 10 k is little too much for me ( im a student...n 10 k is a lot for me).
    hey can anyone tell me any model no.(gb&a...f-cut)
    thanks for ur replies.

8. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

Hey , i bought 2 guitars one 4 myself and one for a friend(new 2 guitars). mine is a Washburn D10CEQ Quilted(14000) and a gb&a (4500) i think gb&a would be a good bet.it rocks. they have some models with pick-ups too. make sure u bargain and get a good deal and seriously clear off the indian makes givson atleat .rock on

9. humm

hey rammy ...did u buy that guitar from delhi..(if yes then which shop) . and can anyone tell me how does guitar with built in pickup sounds(quality guitars like gb&a etc)??? actually one of my frnd has signature with pickup......we usually attach it to his cd player...n it sounds really harsh....i mean pain in the ass kind of sound....
    are we doing something wrong here ..or guitar with pick up sounds like this only..
    plz reply
    thanks.

10. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

really wierd.what wud i do given 5000 bucks to buy an accoustic guitar ??!
    i think i will buy my best HOBNER FT - 245 for 3000 bucks and spend the rest 2000 bucks on eating and travelling or even give it back to mama!

11. i have hobner...

the problem is that i have hober jumbo round shape..n i want to buy f-cut guitar now....n i wud not like to have two hobner (i know thet r good...but still)...i wanna buy somtething that wud make my friends jealous...u know wat i mean.....thats y im going for these guitars( obviously along with looks, company's name, they must be sounding better than hobner thats y they cost so much...aint it).
    can any one tell me...should i go for built in puickups or fit it seprately....any nice pick up for acoustic guitar?????

12. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Too bad your budget is nowhere close to 10k...have you ever played or heard an Ovation??? Mine's a cut-away, Acoustic-Electric and brilliant sounding....pass the word around in case anyone is interested....

13. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

@blackmamba! wait! i've already started saving!! btw, how much did you pay for it?

14. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

I paid like $350 for it with the case....selling for 10k as seriously I have no use for it and its sitting in the case since a year....brand new condition and plays like butter!!! Let me know if you seriously wanna buy it...since I'm in Mumbai only for 7 days!!!

15. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

@atul.....i think u want a cutaway....not an F cut...f cut is when the guitar has a f shaped hole instead of a round one.....and belive me the only help that f cut will give you in playing leads is that it will give u a crisper tone more suited for lead playing .......no help reachng th e frets bro...........ovations rock......wish i could go for one wish i could afford one :cry2:

16. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Only 10k mister :)

17. chirag11kapoor

chirag11kapoor New Member

i just bought a montana acoustic guitar for 4500. its awesome . it has a very good quality . plz dont go for givson, signature guitars ,their quality sucks.

18. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Ummm,.. no hard feelings here, but i have a Signature since past one year, n it sounds amazing, better than most of the Hobners also,... y ppl curse Signature man. :-(

19. oops.....thanks...dr saurabh...well u know im also going to b a DOCTOR...im doing bds (last year).

so people any final suggestion...im going for gb&a guitar (CUTAWAY).....( my budget is around 7000rs)...???wat do u want me to buy???

20. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

hey guys i did lots of search in delhi and on the net. Blackmamba, get real ,ovation ae 28 costs something like $180(new) thats exactly Rs.7,835. add 2k for a case. ovation ae28 is available here for around 13k. i bought my washburn just 3 days before after checking the ovations and i think washburn($290 outside, 14-15k here) sounds much better. but still if anyone wants to go for ovation then go for a deep bowl one instead of shallow cause shallow bowl sounds good only when it is plugged in . but personally i dont prefer the fibre back sound.wood is gr8. and akkyy21 just go to any guitar shop and try some imported brands you'll fel the diff. between what our indians make and what the others play(i myself used to love my givson venus rose but got real after playing the others). montana's are also good. but i would rather stick with gb&a. there is this beautiful gb&a available for around 7-8k in gloss black cutaway and a 3bandeq pickup. it sounds great too both ways. i would have gone for it if i didnt wanted to buy a high end acoustic. see if u can spot it. i bought my guitar from bharat in lajpat nagar the guys name is amar. bargain good and u'll end up in a good deal(otherwise tell him ramit from faridbad sent you and he'll knock of few bucks). also make sure u get a hard case(imported if u can afford one)gig bags are ok for givson or hobner but anything above 6k requires care. u can also get a pickup installed for around 1000-1500 from them. main thing is buy wat suits you. go and play everything without looking at the price first. you and your guitar should fuse together if you want gr8 things to happen...... ;-) so decide carefully and whole heartedly.