If money was no object...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by abhijitnath, Jan 16, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well, truly speaking now I dont feel like "emulating" well known artists.

I just prefer to play my own thingy thru my own tone.
    And I require just 3 basic tones:
    Overdriven bluesy
    Marshally for softer distortion
    Boogie for harder distortion

And thats why I have chosen Tech21 TriAC.
    LOL
    It will beat the crap outta all the processors.

2. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

@ Sridhar-Yeah its a stripped down version with fewer effects and amps and so on.
    @Alpha1-I agree completely. If 'your' tone is what you want, then all you need is one amp and 1-4 pedals. If what you need is a lot of versatile tones or whatever, that's when you need a Multi FX or some monster rack rig:)

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Yeah Abhijith.
    Actually I dont fancy processors much, only coz they offer so much for less price.
    :cry2:

Wish I could have a real Mesa/Boogie + rack for delay/chorus/flange/phaser etc

Hey can the racks deal with Wah?

4. abhijitnath

The G-Force has a wah as well as a programmable formant filter.
    The Crybaby comes as a rack-mounted version as well. And they all have effect loops so you can connect your wah there or rack-mount it and use another expression pedal on the ground.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

OK all that will come later :)

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I guess the DCR1 is out of production. I have seen it going on ebay for about $900.

7. abhijitnath

Is that so? OK my info is outdated then :eek::
    John Petrucci uses one. But why is it going used at $900 if it was $600 new????

8. ronnieanand

It's rare now. Go search in eBay and you wont find a single piece. Whenever it comes there's a huge demans. I once bid and my max bid was about $300 but then it got sold at $900+. All those dollar earning guys :mad: can easily outbid me.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

LOL
    u no different from them.

10. abhijitnath

Does ebay ship to India? I thought they don't! Or do you send it to some relative there and he ships to you or something like that?

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

12. abhijitnath

Duh (Bangs head against wall)

13. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

eBay India doesn't have the same selection as eBay North America. Actually eBay India has pathetic choice by comparison.

14. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

hey guys,

hey ron .. well y I choose the GFX 1 pedal from zoom was because it was one pedal which i had played before and i simply loved the patches...too bad i cant afford it but i enjoyed playing with the effects in this pedal... sure there are thousands of pedals out there better than this one but ..cuz i have played on it ..i loved the tone of it ..

i just played a boss pedal yesterday i think ME50 and it also sounded very good too but i still liked the zoom better .i know there may be many who hate the GFX 1 pedal but i love it ..
    but if i was to mention a few pedals pedals i would like ..it would all be boss pedals..

boss blues driver
    boss noise suppressor
    boss metal zone .............etc..

and i forgot to mention a wah pedal..my favourite ..the dimebag crybaby

and regarding the amp...i downloaded a eddie van halen guitar method video long time back..and in that ....i think the guitarist is kurt mitchell..he says to get a 1979 marshall half stack as the best amp for eddie's tone..and from the samples he plays in the video..it does sound a lot like eddie ( the first album tone) but he may be wrong ..

but again ..dere are many great amps like the messa boggie celestian cabinets which ronnie talked about ...and these are also used by john petrucci ( dream theater) ..

and regarding my relation with ronnie...i had a great discussion with him about pickups and different varieties in the "givson worth a good pickup"...

15. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Even if they ship(some stores ship to India, typically shipping is $10-30 types), you cant avoid the customs..best is to get it from a relative /colleague etc.

16. abhijitnath

Damn
    But can I bid and pay using my own credit card and only use the US address as a shipping address?

17. ronnieanand

Boss Pedals have this annoying fuzz sound in them.

18. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Yup,pay and ship it your contact...some sites like zzsounds and music123 may pain you for confirming the shipping address with the card company..Ronnie can provide more details on this..

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

IF money was no deterrant I WOULD'VE BOUGHT THE Tech21 TriAC straightaway from Bajaao.com